main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 206: Weapons Factory Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMasterPizza

SithMasterPizza Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    I thought Weapons Factory was a superb followup to Point Rain. As much as I enjoy seeing action, I like to see characterization even more. Can't wait for the next ep.

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I loved the Filoni commentary. It was almost like he knew everyone was going to want some kind of "why is Barriss still a padawan" retcon chicanery, and decided to totally bag it and talk about whatever came to mind. Totally whimsical and clever. And Barriss does cut a nice circular hole in the supertank later on...

3. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    Same thing happened to me, Rogue Jedi. My DVR is having many problems recording this show properly.

In terms of finicky fans, constant negativity does annoy me as well at times, but its to be expected on the internet. Sometimes people need to vent and complain and the net gives them an anonymous way to say things that they would probably never say to Lucas or Filoni in person.

4. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I give this a thumbs up. [face_batting]

5. RedKenobi

RedKenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2009
    i wish lucas would hire me, i could make this so good...

6. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    So, I totally thought that Ahsoka was dead. I really thought that the show had grown some major cajones and decided to kill her off.

Of course, if she had died, the fortune cookie would have made no sense whatsoever...XD

7. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Wow, tough crowd. I swear that if the original trilogy was released now, people on here would tear it to shreds. I try not to overthink this series, essentially it's cool Star Wars fun aimed at a younger audience than me.

I thought it was a great episode, right balance between action and character development and I loved the Ashoka-Barriss interaction.
    It's up there as one of my favourites with Rookies and Defenders of Peace.

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Know whats funny? Every user on this site should try waiting a few days to watch the episode, read all the comments and complaining here and THEN watch the episode for the first time like i just did and you will realize (like i just did) how ALL the complaints people were making are absolutely nothing.

Some of you guys made this episode out to be so bad that i was totally expecting at least a "meh" ep. but i am now amazed at how awesome it was. I was saying to myself "this is what they were makeing such a big fuss over? its nothing?" lol, really.

I LOVED this last ep. and the funny thing is i absolutely loved the last two episodes too so this whole arc was awesome for me. Hell yea!

I only hope the next one will be half as good as the last 3.

keep up the good work Dave!=D=

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    What I don't understand is what thread are these people who're complaining about the fans' attitude reading? I really don't see this supposed avalanche of criticism and bile towards this episode anywhere on this thread. Sure, people pointed out things they didn't much care for in the episode, but overall people seemed to like it quite a bit and had lots of good things to say about it. Same thing goes for the Dave Filoni commentary, pretty much everyone found it quite entertaining and even interesting, with only a couple of people complaining that he shouldn't be goofing off like that.

For any given episode, you'll always find some people who absolutely loved it, best one ever! as well as some people who found it utterly horrible and despicable. That's just human nature. You always get a bit of the extremes, which you shouldn't take very seriously, and then you get a majority of middle-ground.

I think some people are giving a much greater weight to criticism than to praise in order to come out with this view that we're tearing up the episode here. This is a discussion forum, criticism is expected and very much welcome.

10. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I also think there's some sort of mistaken perception that those who are critical somehow 'have it in' for TCW, as if people are watching the show just to come up with things to complain about. The truth is, the people who don't like and will never like TCW have stopped watching at this point.

I was not much of a fan of the movie or season 1, so I didn't post much here. I kept watching out of morbid curiosity, and lo and behold when this season started the show was suddenly (to my perception at least) getting GOOD. I post now because I have a vested interest where before I didn't. I criticize because I've seen a great potential and I just want to see the show live up to it.

To put it another way, when a five-year-old paints your picture and it's a stick figure, you don't bother giving him trouble because frankly he couldn't have done better. But if a professional portrait artist paints you as a stick figure, (s)he deserves to be criticized.

"This could/should be better" is a criticism, but it's also a compliment.

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That's what everybody here thinks. I'm afraid the series would be a repulsive nightmare of EU related bullcrap if they involved any of you guys in this. I for one am glad they don't, when I read all the 'great ideas' for the series people have on these boards.

I'm like the other guy. Try not to overthink it, enjoy it for what it is.

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I dunno...I'd like to imagine a fantasy world where I'm called upon to be a Plo Koon Consultant. Sure, the title says 'character/creative consultant', but really, I'd only be there for Plo Koon-related issues. :p

It's mostly wish fulfillment, but if you take a bunch of the board's more level-headed, comical and good natured posters, it could work...it'd likely never happen, but it could work. [face_thinking]

Then there's the whole personal/subjective idea of what level-headed, comical and good natured really means. Some might say 'completely supports any and every new innovation'...others might say 'picks holes in every single story and idea'. [face_laugh]

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, I'm sure there are some good ideas in fan fic. I think the PT forum had a "rewrite the Mustafar battle in ROTS" contest a while back, and some of the entries ended up being better than the ROTS product, albeit somewhat clunky in places.

People like Filoni and Henry Gilroy are obviously huge fanboys, and they've come up with some great ideas. But they've also had Lucas to edit them as well.

I'm quite curious to see what will happen to SW when Lucas passes away.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    If you don't venture into fanfic you are missing some fantastic writers who could easily be mistaken for pros. Not all, of course, but I have been blown away by a few of the writers. Some of their stuff easily outdoes a few of the pros (cough: the writer of a certain "young readers" series).

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Question - how come Barriss can cut through stuff with her lightsaber so fast? It seems like every other Jedi has some kind of resistance factor.

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous that Qui-Gon needs a long time to cut a circle in a blast door but Barriss can cut through a thick slab of solid rock or the armor plate of a super heavy tank in a fraction of a second.

17. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Cutting time with lightsabers seems to vary according to (IU) the resistance offered by the substance being cut, or (OOU) the Speed of Plot.

I'll sign off on this one because I imagine that Geonosion rock-substance to be sort of pumice-y...

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I shrugged off the rock cutting using the same explanation. However the armor of an impervious tank should be a little bit tougher. All in all lightsabers do cut at the speed of plot, though...

That said, I would just LOVE to see someone do the old Qui-Gon trick of keeping the saber stuck in the same spot causing the whole thing to melt around it. Preferrably Obi-Wan.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What! :eek: You want Obi-Wan to melt in the middle? Well, really.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    You know what I meant. o_O

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    When the Force Theme plays whilst Qui-Gon tries to melt the door and the Neimoidians freak out is one of the best cinematic experiences I have ever had.

22. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    They actually provide for that, although it's a little dubious: the impenetrable shell of the tank has to slide back to reveal the top guns/cockpit, which are apparently less "ray-shielded". Barriss doesn't even try to cut into it until that happens. Yeah, nice design, CIS, but I don't think they would've had anyone saber through the side armor. B- for effort.

Good episode, though!

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Isn't that solid mud? Like termites hives?

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'd expect he'd want the franchise to die with him, but then I am a sadistic conspiracy theorist.
    He has said that there will be no new feature films when he's gone, but I can't see a company as successful as Lucasfilm to stop just because the founder passed away.

What I would like to see is the films and the experience to finally belong solely to the fans. Where Star Wars belongs to the people, rather than to be given to the people.

Also, on a side note, I was watching Landing at Point Rain's commentary. Dave apparently said to George that they wouldn't be able to make such a large scale episode every week. Why would this be a problem? GL has enough money to make every episode he wants into a giant battle, if he wanted to. Filoni and crew might be worried about the budget, but I can see GL personally funding this if it meant he could find new things to blow up real good.

25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I am aware that there is some great fanfic. I was mostly referring to some of the the fanboys here with all their "They should show -insert EU fanboy stuff here-" comments.

I guess I just prefer Lucas' Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, there are quite some things EU that I like, but there's a hell of a lot more that I don't like. Which includes a lot of the books from well known writers, such as Timothy Zahn. Generally though, I think I hate the post-RotJ EU the most. Clone Wars EU, especially the comics, tends to make the Jedi far too powerful for my taste, to name but one thing.

A good example is the Order 66 scene. My friend (who reads all these comics) was really pissed off by this scene. He thought it was a stupid oversight by Lucas that the Jedi didn't even sense they were going to be shot in the back (Aayla, etc.) While in my view, the scene makes it very clear that only one such as Yoda can sense that much.

But let's not dwell on this... haha. I wouldn't want to turn this topic into a EU debate, just elaborating on my previous comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.