main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 206: Weapons Factory Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Somehow I think that guy comes off sexier than Ahsoka does. If you know what I'm saying. But perhaps it's the pose and the look on his face.

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Chining in late here, but I really liked this one. Not quite to the level of Point Rain, but still enjoyable in its own way, balancing some large scale action on the surface with the quieter, creepier sneaking under the factory. Getting to see Barriss and Ahsoka working together with their own styles and getting their own moments was fun. And those super tanks were quite impressive. I like just to show us how unstoppable they are, they even have them tank out the long-range cannons from the movie/Hidden Enemy. Nice touch.

And I'll admit, for a fraction of a second I was wondering how they were going to have Ahsoka survive having the reactor blow right in front of her. A second later I realized Barriss was with her, but there was that flash of doubt. And that was a great moment, wasn't it? The explosion, the music playing over the muted sounds as everyone tries to run clear of the devastation. Like a smaller version of Barad-Dur from Lord of the Rings collapsing.

I don't think it's a big deal that Barriss gives Ahsoka some of the credit for saving their lives. I mean, she did, after all. And Luminara had already congratulated Barriss for succeeding in her mission. Both Padawans did well, had their moments, and neither would have made it without the other.

Always good to get a look at one of Anakin's flaws, too. I like that this series gives us his heroic portrayal while still displaying his faults without resorting to his angst-ridden, dark heart, and quick temper that so much of the EU seemed to enjoy.

It's always a surprise to me that the Geonosians are stronger than they look. They seem so spindly that they don't look like they should be able to carry anything and then I remember they're the ones grabbing and flying away with troopers, so you get the reminder once in a while.

We've had a few mentions that Anakin's overprotectiveness (is that even a word?) of Ahsoka came out of nowhere. But really, how many missions has he sent her on without him there to back her up? Ryloth? And wasn't that the one she screwed up? Now granted, he did let her lead the next attempt to break the blockade, but it wasn't like she was doing that alone. He was going alone and she had the backup of all of the clones and eventually (though not to Anakin's knowledge, Yularen). Here, she's truly going on a mission without backup, just her and Barriss into enemy territory. Why wouldn't he have reservations about that?

Ditto.

Seems like Obi-Wan agrees with you.

That we see, and that's because Ahsoka's onscreen. I'm sure Barriss, who at this point is about Anakin's age, has had a wealth of missions and accomplishments herself.

Obviously not the same rank, but they could still be the same age. Anakin's 19 or 20 right now, right? Obi-Wan didn't get Knighted until he was 25, so Barriss could easily be Anakin's age at this point, especially

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    You mean Luminara? Maybe he meant in person.

I hadn't realized that. Cool.

Barriss I could buy. There are thousands of Jedi, they're not all hanging around the temple and Padawan Barriss who's likely traveling the galaxy with Luminara on missions isn't going to get much interaction with youngling Ahsoka. Why she'd never interacted with Jocasta, I'll never know, though.

To be fair, everyone in the Wars universe seems to wear those boots. I remember how uncomfortable Mace's cross-legged meditation pose looked in Episode II when he sat next to Yoda just because the darn boots were so big.

Not to mention Barriss and Luminara both have the Mirialan tattoos.

4. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    He was in the background a few times, but the poor guy got no lines.

5. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I think he said the line at the end when the dust from the explosion came. Something like "Everyone get down.." or something like that.

6. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I liked this episode a lot. :) Good battle with the droids, I especially liked the planting of those charges to blow up the bridge the droid tanks were crossing and sending them crashing into the chasm below. haha :)

I was stunned when Ahsoka hit that fire button in the tank (she has guts, that's for sure!) and the place went up, I thought she was done for. I was really glad when it turned out she was ok. :) And it was cool how Anakin was determined to help her, he refused to give up hope.

7. starwarsfanrol

starwarsfanrol Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2009
    :) It is so cool how they put Ahoska and Bariess together good episode.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    While I rewatched this episode, I started to think about tactical droids, and droids as whole. For now we have these infantry droids:
    - Battle droids, low-cost, speak only basic, little intelligence, no weapons built-in, can?t hit a wall
    - Super-battle droids, not-so-low cost, speak only basic (when they speak), better armor and weapons
    - Droidekas, medium cost, shield generators, weapons built-in, never heard one speak
    - Commando droids, high cost, vocal generators, good agility
    - Tactical droids, high cost, single units, good in maths and stragedy, speak only computer-basic, not good in thinking without maths (hahahaha, fool)

I can already see in my mind the conversation in Baktoid Labs:
    ?What kind of droid are we making now??
    ?Droid that is good in stragedy.?
    ?Oh, those parts are expensive. I?m not sure if Confederency?s budget can handle them. Grievous has been demanding for more magna-guardians and commando droids for months.?
    ?Well, we?ll just lower the other costs.?
    ?Like what??
    ?It?s a maths droid, so it doesn?t need to speak anything else than basic, right? Or even good basic.?
    ?I like the way you think.?
    ?And we can take away the ?Creative Thinking?, too, and ?Not Arrogant?, that?s only for magnas, and while we are at it, ?The Common Sense?.?
    ?But now it would only laugh in the face of Death!?
    ?So what, it?s good in tactics.?

And now away from fanfics. I like that Poggle has no subtitles, but the way they have put others to repeat his words line to line is not so natural. One example:
    Poggle orders geonosians in geonosis, geonosians fly to take off the bombs.
    Tactical droid: ?You heard his highness. Collect their pathetic bombs.? What? I could have understood without translation.

By the way, this episode had nice contrast with Approaching Storm. Set only few months before, Obi-Wan and Luminara were the masters and Barriss and Anakin were the padawans. In some moments you could tell that Luminara remembered that time. ?I love your simple logic? sounded for me like Luminara wasn?t thinking only this moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.