main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 207: Legacy of Terror Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    Apparently you haven't known me long enough to know that I also was joking.

I've been reading these boards for over six years, but only registered and started posting when TCW came out.

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    The Gungans actually do speak Gunganese or whatnot. Boss Nass and also when Jar Jar comes into Otoh Gunga with the Jedi you can hear the background characters speaking it. I think it's why the Gungans speak pidgeon-English when they talk to the humans in English. I believe there are also scenes of the Neimodians speaking Neimodian, as well, but not 100% sure of that. I, too, though love good old Nute the way he is!!

I was thinking of the scene in ANH where it is that funny nosed alien who snubs out the location of Luke to the Empire after Luke sells his landspeeder, and of Greedo, and of Jabba, and of Chewie... all alien dialect. And even all the droids except 3PO... now the droids in TCW all speak English!

RE: the Queen... they didn't show her die. I hate when they do that, but yeah, I don't think she's dead. And as for xenocide... who is to say that is the only Queen? Why does it have to be the only Queen? They must have another way, also, to reproduce because Obi-wan said the rumoured Queen so they must have another idea how the geonosians breed.

As far as the Zombies... I don't their their eyes were white because they were dead I got the sense they adapted to see in those deep dark catacombs similar to the way deep sea creatures have luminescent features at the bottom of the ocean. It just happened to work for the zombie look in the episode.

3. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Palps in his office, AoTC, refers to the collective Jedi as "Your Graces."

Aye, but has anyone ever said 'Your Grace' to an individual Jedi? Because if they had then that would maybe remove the ambiguity over whether instances like that line from Palpatine were meant specifically in that that was a proper term of address for a Jedi, or whether he meant it generally in reference to their graciousness.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Sure - make me rewatch it. I just might. ;)

AoTC was probably the most formal in salutations - "Your Graces," and lots of "Milady" and all that. Formal salutations yet blunt words. Rather the contrast.

I'm so glad Anakin is actually likeable in TCW. (See, I tied my response into this forum!)

5. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I would like to say that out of all the episodes, this is the one I can't stop thinking about. This is the episode to see Luminara at her "best".

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I just watched the episode, and I must say that I am thoroughly creeped out. But I still liked it! :D

It was good to see Kenobi get some good one-liners in, and the whole "What do you think, the ear or the nose?" bit was funny, although a tad disgusting. *shivers*

I was curious as to how Obi-Wan healed himself so quickly... or I guess a better question pertaining to this is, what's the timeline between "Landing" and "Reign of Terror"?

[face_laugh] And zombies in Star Wars? Uber cool. :p

~Celeste

7. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm not much bothered by the Queen speaking Basic, but it is more entertaining to see characters speaking completely different languages to each other with no problems understanding. It's even funnier in the old US/Toho co-productions where Japanese and American actors do this, or, better yet, when Japanese actors are speaking their lines in English and don't even speak it, a la Latitude Zero!

I, too, am thankful for a likable Anakin in TCW. Just watched AOTC last night and it just leaves me scratching my head as to how a stately woman like Padme could have have ever fallen so completely for this whiny brat. Neither character is particularly well-served by the script. TCW has had its bumps in the road in the portrayal of these two (I'm looking at you, Senate Spy), but overall they've been much more endearingly handled. I guess it helps that we've been able to see them in a greater variety of situations than just the epic crossroads that tend to get portrayed in the films.

8. adamclark83

Feb 1, 2009
    There's a few reasons why I call this the best episode yet.

1. It's a Luminara-episode.
    2. She puts her hands on her hips.
    3. She gets captured twice (second time when she is overpowered by the Geonosians).
    4. She's put into energy shackles.
    5. She gets put into that great "woman to be sacrificed" posture with heaps of people watching her.

9. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Consider me suitably creeped out. Hell... I'd be creeped out enough even if you were talking like this about a REAL woman...

10. adamclark83

Feb 1, 2009
    Luminara's design and animation does make her seem like a real woman.

11. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I didn't think my fanlove for Ki-Adi or koonfan's fanlove for Plo could be beaten, but clearly...

Personally, I echo the thoughts of the majority when it came to this episode - loved Luminara's continuing characterisation, the concept of a Geonosian queen, etc - my only gripe was the Queen's voice, but after watching the episode a second time I have to admit it's growing on me in much the same way Ziro the Hutt's did.

12. adamclark83

Feb 1, 2009
    Anyone else, apart from me, who likes it when Luminara gives a slight smile when she tells Obi-Wan that she would hate to feel left out of any strategic planning?

13. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I liked that! Both my kids kinda went "Oooh, they're in loooove" at that moment, which I'm sure wasn't the intent of the scene, but still kind of interesting.

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    You're getting a little weird now...

15. adamclark83

Feb 1, 2009
    Well, I do enjoy watching Luminara in the series.

16. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    That was an interesting scene. There was no intent behind that smile, but, depending on who is watching it, it could be interpreted as something.

On that note though, although this is getting off-topic, but it would be interesting to see Kit and Aayla working on a mission, whether or not they are joined by other Jedi and subtle hints are droped with smiles or other gestures. Heck, I think it would be funny that, much how Anakin walks into meetings in the War room late, you could have Kit and Aayla arrive around 1 minute late and Kit says "sorry we are late" and one of the two briefly adjusts themselves in a harmless manner (such as Aayla)....would be pretty funny.

17. adamclark83

Feb 1, 2009
    There's a shot in this episode that is very similar to one in the Bond movie "Live and Let Die".

When Poggle is coming towards Luminara with the mind worm, the camera is behind her so you can see her head and her restrained arm to show that she can't do anything as the worm gets closer to her.

It's similar to the shot in "Live and Let Die" where the camera is behind Solitaire when she is trussed up with the snake coming towards her.

18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I watched the episode again today and I realized the whole not using subtitles for Poggle/making the queen speak Basic thing kind of takes an absurd turn when Poggle says something and one battle droid ends up translating for one or two others. Really? The Geonosian factory can't program all of the droids to understand the language? That one must have had a bit of protocol droid programmed into it.

19. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    I thought the other droids couldn't hear Poggle because of the storm or just plain being too far behind the caravan. If not, that is pretty odd... there really doesn't seem to be much specialization among the B1's. Maybe there's some obvious example I'm forgetting...

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I guess you're right there. Probably just too far away, since I believe it's before they hit the storm. Still, I thought it looked funny.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We just had the premiere of this episode this past Saturday here in the UK and I've watched it a few times this week. I must say I like this story line. I found the Geonosian Zombies pretty creepy - especially with their silvery eyes. I wasn't crazy about the queen's voice either, but it wasn't so bad that it spoiled the episode. I'm looking forward to this coming Saturday for the next installment. (Then I can go look at the thread about it here).

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I just had a thought....Poggle the Lesser overthrew and killed Hadiss the Vaulted to become Archduke of Geonosis. Now, "Lesser" indicates Poggle's position as a member of the lower caste while "Vaulted" indicates that Hadiss is probably part of some Geonosian aristocracy or somesuch. This means Poggle is basically the Star Wars equivalent of Vladmir Lenin.

Now if Poggle was a member of the lower caste who overthrew the existing system in a ruthless manner, why in the galaxy is he seen consorting with a Geonosian Queen? That's like the equivalent of Lenin going to Czar Nicholas II for help.

23. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Yeah, but the Czar wasn't the whole race's sole means of reproduction. (I know it's up for debate whether Karin was *the* Queen, but I think we can assume that there aren't too many of them and they do produce most if not all the Geonoisian species). So that changes the dynamic of the analogy just a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.