main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 207: Legacy of Terror Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Obi-Wan really came off as jerk. Both as his borderline mad scientist routine with Luminara and the worm, and with his style of diplomacy, which just seems to be to boss people around with sarcastic politeness.
    I loved every second of it.

No one care for poor redshirt clones. :(

Zombie bit was, though the characters didn't seem to have as much problem as they claimed to had.

Kind of a strange swing from war to horror, but shows just how versatile the Star Wars universe is.

I wonder why they blew up the temple in the first place, and what kind of ordnance were they using?

I wish they explained more the Queen's role: Is she above the archduke, or were they working together? Is she the only queen, or just the highest one? Can the Geonosians reproduce any other way?

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I was wondering that myself from the moment they slapped the binders on Poggle(I was half expecting him to escape and slink off when they all got blown out of the hole.) Either way, I'm sure we'll be seeing Tambor and the lot again.

3. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I love dark things in kid's shows and this episode delivered. Although, I really want to get back to the bounty hunters and the two weeks seems like forever - I guess another episode (especially with Ahsoka and Barriss) should be interesting.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm guessing Poggle escapes next episode thanks to the worm attack. Maybe in some way that queen will stow away on the LAAT/i, then come and tear Rex in half with her tail, and then a big showdown between Karina and Ahsoka in a power loader.... wait, I'm mixing this up too much. There's no way in the nine Corellian hells that Ahsoka could compare to Ellen Ripley.

Also, Wat Tambor has already escaped from the republic once. After he was captured on Metalorn by Anakin in The New Droid Army game, Nuri, a clawdite broke him out of a high security prison. Then Fett had to chase him down on a bounty, but got stuck fighting Grievous. At least, I think that's how it went.

5. Yee_Moh

Yee_Moh Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    You know, the cool thing about this whole "zombification by parasite" theme is that it kind of sort of has roots in biology. There's a parasitic fungus (Ophiocordyceps unilateralis) that infects ants in the tropics and takes over their minds to "force" the ants to walk to an optimum place for the fungus to reproduce. It also digests the insides of the ant, eventually killing it. In Legacy of Terror it's a worm, not a fungus, but the idea is very similar. :-B

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ^ He also got captured another time and escaped by the help of suicide bombers.
    Wat Tambor is the Padme of the CIS

personally the whole idea of some creature
    controlling my mind indefinitely creeps the heck out of me.

Dude, there are real animals like that. Check out the horse hair worm, for example. Or those mind controling fungus from the amazon.
    I mean, they just affect insects and not people, but stuff like that happens.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I think that was the same breakout. Nuri was working with the Sakoan kamikazes.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I have to admit, it was a decent episode. The animation was good, but a lot of tension was missing. I knew Luminara wasn't going to get hurt, and that "worm" creature is a strange one. Certainly I thought about Star Trek II once the queen said it controls the brain. If the worm did in fact enter Luminara's ear, that would be a poor rip off. But instead the worm goes up the nose! It's an okay reference. I see some references to Aliens as well. Obi-Wan and Anakin were good, so was Cody.

Buzz died. :p But I saw that coming to him when I first saw him. Overall, it was decent. Not the best or the worst. In two weeks, the "Brain Invaders" episode seems odd. I mean, Ahsoka and Barriss together is fine, but how the hell did the "worm" creature escape the ruined Geonosian spire? Possibly the queen and her zombie comrades live the destruction, and in retaliation, attack the Republic once again. But, to be in Geonosis still is not good. It's moving slowly, and it feels like this episode and "Legacy of Terror" should be completely separate from "Landing at Point Rain" and "Weapons Factory."

9. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I liked the episode but the 'Aliens' thing was more than an homage. It was almost a straight rip-off. I dunno. They could have handeled the queen in a different way. Star Wars obviously pulling from another space franchise kind cheapens things, imo. I didn't mind the zombification of things. It was an intense episode.

It took me a while to notice but Ki-adi has nice, big blue eyes even though in the movies they were obviously yellow. Oops. Wonder how they missed that one?

10. LukeClone2

LukeClone2 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Still doesn't mean that I have to like it. ;) Now how
    will I get to sleep tonight? Oh dear, as threepio would say.

Obi Wan is definitely my favorite character from the prequel/TCW
    era of Star Wars, but sometimes the way he has been portrayed
    makes him seem rather callous, a "jerk" if you will as someone above
    mentioned and I wonder why I like him at all. Whether he's calling people he's never met
    "pathetic lifeforms" or slicing off people's arms
    in cantinas (come on, we all know that was a bit
    gratuitous/unnecessary), or assassinating enemy leaders (the novelization
    was so much better in this regard: what kind of Jedi doesn't give
    someone a chance to surrender?), he doesn't seem to have
    great respect for life in general. I like to blame Lucas
    for him being so unlikeable in that regard, but maybe that's
    just how the character is given what we've seen in TCW so far.

If I were Luminara, I would force push Kenobi off a cliff
    after letting that worm thing touch my face, that was an
    incredible risk that Obi Wan took, and I have to say Anakin
    came off as more human and caring in that little sequence
    (yes it was funny, but not for Luminara).

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm...deciding how I feel about this. Yeah, I think of Wrath of Khan, too.

I do have one question - so Ki-Adi was in bacta recovering - so, why didn't Ki-Adi return the favor and ask about Obi-Wan's health - did he just twist an ankle or something, the way they ignored his injuries from the prior episode?

12. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    That was.... surprisingly good. I have to say, Luminara is growing on me.

The parasite thing, however... DO NOT WANT. Considering I walked out of a food science class one afternoon when we were talking about worms and parasites (I had to push the professor out of my way to get some fresh air or else I was going to puke or pass out), that whole sequence was unnerving. I was totally with Anakin the entire way, heh.

Speaking of which, was anyone incredibly disturbed by Obi-Wan's behavior later on in the episode?

The next episode is going to be very uncomfortable to watch. *shudder*

13. padme46

padme46 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2009
    Ok I liked this episode but it's not on my top ten. I wish there wasn't a two week wait. I actally was like "What? Two weeks? NO!" In ways I couldn't belive Obi-wan. Though he will always be one of my favorite charaters. Anyway the next episode looks good. More Barriss and Ashoka.

14. LukeClone2

LukeClone2 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Yes, as I said above I did have some problems with it, even if they
    were just trying to get a few laughs out of the whole worm thing. It
    was rather callous I thought to play with Luminara's life like that.

Despite Tatooine and ditching Padme's old flame to a certain doom on Cato Nemoidia,
    I'm beginning to think that even Anakin generally has a greater
    respect for life/better sense of morality than Obi Wan does.

Oh well, I suspect that Obi Wan will come off better in a number
    of weeks when we get the story arc with him and the Duchess (from the season 2 trailer).

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nah, Obi-Will probably come off as a lying hypocrite. I don't have a LOT of faith in how they're portraying my favorite Jedi.

16. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Obi-Wan as a lying hypocrite isn't exactly a new direction for the character...

17. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    The end of Senate Spy seems to say differently.

Though, I know you mentioned that as a exemption, I just can't let something like that slide for someone who has such a respect for life.

18. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Regarding Obi-Wan:

He's also my favorite character. So I'm very interested in how he's portrayed.

Regarding this episode, I really think some of y'all are misreading him. His stalling, waiting to see what the worm would do, was an intentional misdirection strategy. It was, as he said, part of the plan.

His presumption in telling the Queen her rule was at an end might be a touch out of character. That is, insofar as he seems to be making the assumption that the Queen and Poggle are in cahoots regarding the decision to rebel against the Republic. But then again, as assumptions go, it's not a very unreasonable one.

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Okay - that's a duel at dawn statement! :p

Obi-Wan is never a lying hypocrite, though in TCW he's been portrayed - less than ideally in some episodes. He's not perfect, of course, he's HUMAN as well as a Jedi. Would he have to be perfect to be acceptable to his nay-sayers?

20. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    I think Obi-Wan has been portrayed by-in-large consistently with the character in the films (bearing in mind that he may be growing some during the Clone Wars...thus we might expect him now to be more Ep 2 Kenobi and not as much Ep 3 Kenobi). He's serious when he needs to be, has a dry sense of humor sometimes, is a fairly by-the-book Jedi (lack of attatchment, etc.).

One thing I do wish is that James Arnold Taylor would let his hair down a bit more often. Don't get me wrong, the voice is great. And is acting is almost always good. But sometimes he channels more Alec Guiness and less Ewan McGregor. And, especially in 3, McGregor's Kenobi is a bit more relaxed. (A conscious decision to reflect Anakin's influence on Kenobi, perhaps?)

But he's said in interviews that he's trying to do a young Alec Guiness (since his voice already sounds like McGregor's, he figures he should just do what he figures McGregor did...that is try and sound like a young Alec Guiness). So that might explain it.

21. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Don't get me wrong, Obi-Wan's my favorite character as well.

But I think that Obi-Wan's displayed a bit of hypocrisy since the inception of the franchise... "from a certain point of view"...

I don't personally see anything wrong with the way the prequels or TCW have portrayed Obi-Wan thus far.

22. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Great episode much better than last weeks one.:) I was expecting one of the clone troopers would say something like "I say we lift off an blast the site from orbit...its the only way to be sure".

23. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Great lines:

Anakin snatches the mind control worm from Obi-Wan and crushes it underfoot.

Obi-Wan: What are you doing? I was going to study that!

Anakin: Study the bottom of my boot!

Now if that isn't as close as Anakin can get to telling Obi-Wan to kiss
    his ***, I don't know what else is.[face_laugh]

24. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I really enjoyed this episode. Amazing. This episode proves that this isn't just a kiddy show.

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Alright, thoughts as I go, this time with a little Italian Veneto Merlot down the hatch:

- nice they're acknowledging off the bat that sometimes the characters simply need rest!

- "strategic planning?" - some sass portrayed there by Luminara, you go girl. cool that she's riding a speeder bike. If there was one vehicle I wish they could build on Earth, it's clearly the speeder bike.

- "it could just be debris" - "nah, we're literally 3 inches from this big metal munitions box" ha ha ah aha =ahahahahahhaha01h;wt4h1t08y208yy8 That had to be the funniest transition of all time. Even the camera angle has the Clonetrooper on his knees in front of the metal box.

- do the "coordinates" they talk about actually have any meaning whatsoever?

- nice that Luminara is actually wearing goggles. Throwback to TPM-era Anakin, methinks?

- what was with that weird statue outside the Temple? Covering his face?

- hard to believe Master Unduli is Kevin Arnold's older sister. :eek:

- "could be the Geonosian Queen....rumors" Is that the first time in SW history they make reference to rumors?

- wow the lighting is incredible, and I'm not even watching in HD!

- ha, the motion tracker is definitely straight out of Aliens.

- hmmm...guessing the worms have something to do with the "undead" nature of the Geonosian drones?

- smart of Kenobi to seal off the vertical tunnel.

- Anakin: "That can't be true. That's impossible!"

- Wow, it really is Slurms McKenzie time.

[image=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OhNQfGuClbo/SI-gOPVR0bI/AAAAAAAAADI/uc3N7qo1urY/s400/futurama_slurm_wurm_oroboros.jpg]

- now, these are Jedi. That's what I'm talking about! You've got a colleague who is held captive, you're surrounded, and yet you calmly walk up to talk!

- the Anakin-Obi-Wan banter, where were you in the PT?

- uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....why is the Queen laughably hilarious? Okay, Ralph Wiggum.

- "Empire"? Can you really have an empire when there's just one country on one planet with one species?

- "Your Grace" "Your Majesty" Obi-Wan, are you talking to a Duchess/Bishop, or a Queen?

- "No wait, I want to see how it works." [face_laugh]

"Admiral James T. Kirk: "Khan, you bloodsucker! You're gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?"
    Khan: "Kirk! You're still alive, old friend!"
    Admiral James T. Kirk: "Still, "old friend!" You've managed to kill everyone else but like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target."

- you guys are really accusing Obi-Wan of being a jerk? The guy is playing his trick right up to the end. I'm sure you had no problem with Anakin waiting and waiting in Downfall of a Droid, where a number of clones were sacrificed to get Grievous' fleet into position.

- badass of Luminara to point her newly-reacquired saber right at Poggle. [face_skull]

- "study the bottom of my boot!" Awesome. :cool:

- not exactly sure what happened there at the end with the flying rubble/dust.

- Interesting episode. Very solid but again, can't help but feel a real lack of danger here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.