main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 211: Lightsaber Lost Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secracium

secracium Jedi Master

Mar 1, 2001
    episodes like this one piss me off because of all these "powers" that the jedi possess, they're never used. sure, ahsoka pulls a railing down, but god forbid she uses the force to rip the ligthsaber out of the thief's hand or even pulls the thief back towards her. she can obviously do this since she picks him up and slams him against the wall. why? why do the jedi never use all their powers?

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Then you have way better eyes than many of us, or a 90 inch TV. I'm jealous either way.:p

The picture provided from the OS clearly shows a slight hint of blue, but its also clearly not as blue as the other blue sabers we've seen thus far.

With the amount of people we've had come forward who were confused or flat out didn't see the blue I don't think the topic is that easily dismissed. Rewatching the scene I still can't see the blue at all, that said a high def TV or the like might have a better look at the color.

Compare that to Ahsoka's lightsaber in the same episode, which is clearly green, and I think I can easily understand peoples perceptions.

I'd just say that its a very light blue myself.;)

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I hadn't read that thread yet at the time of my posting. Great minds think alike. :)

I do dig all the 80's movie love that Dave & co have been putting into the series- first all the homages/references to The Last Starfighter in Season 1, now the great Jim Henson fantasy flicks in Season 2.

4. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    OK, I stand corrected... I seen the pics in the episode guide - its blue. :oops:

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    As well as Aliens and Wrath of Khan (the nebula).

Where's the Last Starfighter reference? I assume in a starfighter. :p

6. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Malevolence vs. moon.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Maybe Ahsoka, as a padawan, has very little experience with 'fine motor control' when using Force Push/Pull for delicate tasks. This being a war, naturally, her training and experience would prioritise big, powerful, broad moves. If you watch Episode 2, Anakin DOES telekinetically lift a pear, but it's done rather slowly and deliberately, as opposed to his instinctual pushing of droids, Geonosians and factory items.

It's also possible that if she tried pulling the thief himself, he might have bumped into a pedestrian and caused a big mess that would have made it even harder to catch him.

And of course, an easy explanation out: She was too shocked to properly focus, and it was too late. If every character reacted as logically as all that, there wouldn't be much of an episode, would there? Or if they did, then you'd need even more contrived pile-ups of events, tricks and happenings to allow the lightsaber to be lost. :p

8. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Okay, I finally watched this on the OS and It was a all right episode with the the appropriate moments of suspense that you would expect when being in a strange place full of nefarious types, but I was surprised that Sinube and Ahsoka didn't encounter more resistance then they did...then again, I guess even petty theives and the like fear Jedi.

I actually liked Master Sinube, very wise and knows how to handle himself in such situations, I thought the cane hiding his saber was pretty cool(action figure accessory, anyone?:p ). And his lesson on patience is one Ahsoka should definitely take to heart; I wonder if she'll take it with her in future episodes.

And I found it somewhat troubling that she lied to Anakin about her saber and her fear in telling him what happened...did she really think Anakin would harm her if she told him the truth? To me, that was telling, it indicates that perhaps their relationship is changing and that she doesn't totally understand him...or it could have been just a teenager's way of avoiding trouble and trying to fix it on her own. Yet she goes first to Jocasta Nu, then to Master Sinube, both senior and elderly Jedi for help which is also interesting. And calling him 'Gramps' caused me to roll my eyes a bit.

Cassie Cryar and Ione Marcy were pretty cool, although like Master Sinube, I could tell right away that Marcy was lying to them and she came from the same room Cryar was in...but what puzzles me is why they went to all that trouble to steal the lightsaber in the first place? Was it for someone else? For me, and with all the people involved, it seemed like a larger conspiracy was at work. I guess when they interrogate Cryar or Marcy they may get the answer.

Overall, not a bad episode, but certainly not the best..I hope we see more of Master Sinube in the future.

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Sorry, late to the party again. Anyway, this episode was pretty much what I expected. Very much "ok".

- So Cassie is supposed to be a bounty hunter eh? Man, I hope we'll eventually see a bounty hunter actually doing what a bounty hunter is supposed to do. According to the wookiee: "Bounty hunters were hireable mercenaries who tracked down and captured or killed anyone with a price on their head." So far we've had so-called bounty hunters acting as terrorists (hijacking the senate) or thieves (stealing holocrons or lightsabers). Someone please put a price on someone's head!

- I didn't mind the heavy reuse of models for the crowd scenes, but the rehashing of old characters without much remodelling really irked me. Look, the pickpocket is Robonino wihout the fake eye, and look there on the floor, it's Gah Nackt without the... uh... hole in his chest. Also, fish guy's italian accent? Horrible. But what's worse is that they didn't use the cool sound that Robonino's speech had. They could have changed the accent, but retained that gollum-like quality to the sound of his voice.

- And how on earth did Sinube discover the fish guy was a Patrolian? All Ahsoka said was that he looked aquatic. That could mean any number of species, like the Mon Cal.

- Really loved the Maglev train, and the whole of Coruscant looked wonderful.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. So much hype for Cad Bane when he never behaved like a Bounty Hunter. I'm still waiting to see a Bounty Hunter doing bounty hunting...

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I really liked the little detail of "Mario Robonino" showing his bandaged arm that he hurt with the lightsaber. Good to know that there's someone in this galaxy who has some problem wielding this dangerous weapon.

Cassie might not have known how to activate it at first, but once she found the ON switch, she had no problem twirling around with the blade activated.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Also in a Nemodian captain's flippy eye thing and in Anakin's tactic of ambushing passing ships using asteroids.

Well, she also described the location. Perhaps she was in a more "ethnic" slum.

13. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Or he might have seen it in her thoughts. He got her to start thinking about the guy, and he is a Jedi Master, so it's possible he caught an image from her memory.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also the "asteroid"-approach warning screen graphics in Rookiees.

15. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Force powers are not in the hands of the jedi, but in the hands of the plot.

16. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    I had a real OOU reaction to that. Nack/Nacht was lying on his side, and I had recently seen the commentary where Filoni talked about Gha Nacht being the first "assymetrical" model they had created, so I was thinking the easy way to make Gha Nacht not look like Gha Nacht would be to make him symmetrical, so I kept expecting them to roll him over. When they didn't, it really seemed like a cheap dodge of an easy fix.

I can't hear the word "Patrolian" without immediately thinking "jelly", and as they are fish dudes, that's probably not good.

17. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Well, at least the episode had a monkey lizard.

How crude. [face_laugh]

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    ...or the Monkey Lizard might have told him. I just found it really strange that out of the blue he would say "He was a patrolian" with no hint as to how he got to his conclusion. In the rest of his investigations they made it very clear (even too clear) how he was putting clues together.

And one trivial detail that also bothered me in the episode was the picture of Brea Tonnika seen when Jocasta is looking at criminal files. Brea looks exactly like she does in the cantina in Ep4, even though this is supposed to be happening 20 years before that and she's a humanoid. Since it's a drawing and not a 3D model, they could easily have inserted anything in there, from a younger version of Brea to someone like Zuckuss or another crook of undeterminable age.

BTW, in case anybody's wondering, the text on the Tonnika's file reads "Last seen on Coruscant. Wanted for murder."

19. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    She ages remarkably well.

20. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Or has a better plastic surgeon than Obi-Wan.

21. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    The Jundland Wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Or without sunscreen.

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Okay, so basically I need to see Last Starfighter again. And this time sober. With my face pointing towards the screen. [face_plain]

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, the sisters in A New Hope were imposters, so the real sisters could have looked older than them.

24. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh, yeah, forgot that. 'Tis a powerful retcon indeed when a character's first appearance turns into an impersonation of themselves!

25. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Kinda defeats the purpose, though, if imposters don't look like the real thing, don't it? You'd think they'd make themselves look older to match the real deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.