main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 211: Lightsaber Lost Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    The beginning of this episode was unintentionally funny. The narrator goes "Anakin and Ahsoka are in the underworld looking for weapons dealers who might be selling stolen weapons to the Republic's enemies" and then the first line of dialogue from Anakin is: "Come on, Ahsoka. We're looking for weapons dealers who might be selling stolen weapons to the Separatists.":p

(I'm paraphrasing, of course)

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, that was atrocious. And then Ahsoka even asks "And who's he selling them to?", to which Anakin answers "The Separatists".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Here's an oddball reference, but it totally reminds me of Barb Wire, where they always refer to Steel Harbour - The Free City. Or The Free City - Steel Harbour. Just in case we forgot that Steel Harbour was the Free City.[face_laugh]

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You know what they say: the Force can have a powerful effect on the weak-minded.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [face_laugh]

100% approved!

6. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    I suspect we've all moved on to the Mandalore episodes (which are quite good) by now. But just wanted to mention that the Lightsaber Lost episode of my friend's and my podcast is up. I've been on vacation for the last week or so. Went to Punxsutawney\, PA for Groundhog Day. It was great. But that's why the episode is so late. I'll still be on cavation for another week.

I won't make it a habit of posting everytime we get a new episode up (which should be on a weekly basis once I get home). But given the big delay we had, I hope it was acceptable.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I watched it again and actually ended up liking it a bit more than I did the first time. I think the villains were a bit weak and a few moments during the investigation uneven, but I liked the interaction between Ahsoka and Sinube. Makes me wonder what her apprenticeship would be like under a more experienced Jedi.

I loved this view of the Coruscant underworld. I heard some comparing it to the chase scene in Episode II and I hadn't even realized that that had meant to be the "underworld". I'd just figured the Outlander Club was a mid to upscale club. But this view is what I'd more imagine. All kinds of species, Mos Eisley-cantina style, some deterioration, and guys who smirk when a 14-year-old Jedi points out her lightsaber. Good stuff. Even if it's the same species many times over with the models they've made, it was still cool to see.

Sinube is an interesting character in this one. I like him, wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Tonnika sister making an appearance. Nice. Though that makes them pretty old in Episode IV, doesn't it (even if it wasn't really them).

I liked' Sinube's surprise lightsaber appearance in his cane and completely schooling Cassie. I should've guessed that's where it was, but I didn't.

As someone points out, that thief seems to mix some stereotypical Italian with Watto. Some Star Wars traditions never seem to die...

You have to love Sinube yelling at Ahsoka for getting ready to smack the guy but doesn't say a word when she slams him into the wall. I guess he wanted her to work through it on her own after that first berating.

Ahsoka's more aggressive here than I would have thought, but then again considering her tactic in Cloak of Darkness, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder if Anakin is aware of how much she's starting to imitate him.

Cassie isn't as sinister as the trailer made her seem. A shame. Might be the voice. Or not knowing how to hit a button on a lightsaber.

Ione's sideways eyes are a cool design.

Sinube flying the speeder at walking speed is classic.

Closed captioning helps see all of Palpatine's speech. Love seeing him deny exactly what he accuses the Jedi of in Episode III, plus more emergency powers for him! Very nice, Darth.

Those law enforcement droids were an interesting design. Their helmets made them look like toy soldiers.

I'll post something more relevant to the discussion later, I'm sure.

8. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    This was a fun episode, with Ahsoka knowing she'll get into trouble if it's found out she has lost her lightsaber, and so having to go after it herself, with a lot of help from a veteran Jedi. ;) I really liked being able to see more of the capital city, especially the ground level shops and such. :) Which one does not often see in Star Wars.

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I don't think that was ground level though... or was it?

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Probably not true ground.

11. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Nah, there aren't any lights or sane people down at the bedrock anymore.

12. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I bet if we saw it from their perspective, we'd get something like the Terminator where they do a scan of Ahsoka's face and a bunch of information pops up that says "Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Padawan", "Tera Sinube, Jedi Master" or some such thing.

Maybe the slum district is thousands of miles from the Jedi Temple.

Reminded me of that, too.
    Of course she's not, she's still learning. She just started her apprenticeship less than a year before this episode, so she has a long way to go. I think a major point of this episode was to show how young and impulsive Ahsoka is and how, in spite of her considerable abilities she still has a long way to go.

Or when Anakin gets his lightsaber destroyed (again) and notes to himself that "Obi-Wan's going to kill me."

I'm not seeing why those have to be exclusive.

"Once again"? When did it do it before?

More like canonically assumed.

AhsokaMiro
    I don't believe the girls murdered the trandoshan. He wasn't killed with the saber (based on the whole "maybe he was poisoned" bit), and the Jedi didn't sense that whatshername-pink-fish-girl was involved in the murder, though she was hiding something. I think the two girls were just street punks stealing from a crime boss who got whacked by someone else. A case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.[/quote]
    I think Ione really is supposed to be Nack Movers' girlfriend, though. And if he was poisoned, the situation seems more like Cassie was there to fake the breaking and entering, rob the place, and then leave Ione to plant the "guys broke in" story with the authorities, and then rendezvous with Cassie later. Maybe Cassie was going to blast Nack's corpse to make the cover story more believeable or something. A bit byzantine, but whatever the original plan was, the Jedi interrupted it, so the girls had to start improvising.

That seems more likely. It was supposed to be her apartment, right? She probably wouldn't have to break into that. Unless the girlfriend was elsewhere.

Robimus

I'd just say that its a very light blue myself.

Yeah, it appears to be

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The clones' bludgeoning droids with their weapons on Christophsis, Mace going all out vs. a superior droid force, etc.
    ( There's also the Twilight's use of manuevers previously demonstrated via the modified Delta-7. )

14. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I might give you the last if I saw them back to back but the first two seem like kind of a stretch to me. But hey, we all see what we see.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We're just getting this episode this week here in the UK. When I saw Ahsoka was the 'star' I didn't think I'd like it, but the inclusion of the Coruscant underworld made it enjoyeable. I'll probably catch it a couple of more times this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.