main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 212: The Mandalore Plot (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Wow, 21 pages. I wonder why. :D

This episode was really rather enjoyable. Nice introduction to the Mandalorians, giving them some cool moments and getting the one up on Obi-Wan. Satine gets a nice introduction and a bit of the action on the plot for a pacifist. All in all, I think it's a solid set up for the Mandalorian arc.

It's really too bad we already know from the trailer that Greg Proops' Mandalorian senator isn't working for the Duchess since it might have made a better setup in the next episode, seeing as he makes an appearance here.

Suicide on a kids' show. Very surprising and dark. All grown up, though, I love it. Though now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's all that far beyond what we would have had on say Batman when I was a kid.

Someone mentioned that this episode is truly a solo Kenobi adventure, without even clone support. I don't think we'd had that on the show, so that was fun to see. Much like last week was really solo Ahsoka, though she had the support of another Jedi at least.

I like those Mandalorian ships, with their shifting wings. Very cool design.

The callback to the blaster sound effects from Jango's guns was a nice touch.

I didn't think Mandalorians were into elaborate death traps. I was wondering why they didn't just shoot Kenobi, but I think one of them mentioned making it look like an accident.

The idea of a talented swordsman taking on a Jedi is a nice concept, something we never really got on screen until now, though I guess it's happened from time to time in the EU. Fun to see here. And that black lightsaber was great.

I might have more later, though 20 pages is a lot to cover.

2. IthinkIwannaLeia

IthinkIwannaLeia Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Did anyone notices that the darksaber was the exact opposite of a lightsaber in many ways?

(I didn't read the whole thread so if this is been said, sorry.)
    1. The name itself
    2. Ignition-the snap hiss is the loudest sound on a lightsaber. the dark saber's ignition was a whispery metal sound.
    3. The core was black surounded by white. All other color sabers are white core, colored edge. Does this mean that the blade arc is reversed. Probably, since in the next difference:
    4. When 2 light sabers lock up, they make a loud clash. When the dark saber locks with a lightsaber, there isn't a large clash. There is, however, a loud Whup noise when the two sabers disengage!
    Thats weird. Is it because the dark saber is an opposite polarity?
    5. And most obviously in stead of a LOW hum, the darksaber has a High whine when idle.
    This think isn't just a black light saber. Its fully a different and opposite technology.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Obi found his power cell almost drained...or that the blade freezes things to absolute zero as it cuts. (not that I want to see this, but it does seem like the child-like understanding of science and fiction that GL is into now adays).

3. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to spread the word that I'm back from vacation and we've completed and posted our episode of The Clone Cast dealing with The Mandalore Plot.

Now that I'm back we should be back to a weekly schedule, so I won't be making these updates here.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    OK - I've got a question that's probably been answered back in this thread but I'm hoping someone will save me the trawl. We just had this episode last week here in the UK and this week we got the followup. What is the ship they are in? It's the one with the long 'tail' below the main body.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Thats Satines ship, the Coronet. Nice little Corellian reference.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks. I like the design of it.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Apparently the Coronet is a palace of sorts...I'm thinking a flying five-star hotel. Which makes me wonder whether it's more comfortable than Satine's own palace and whether she looks for any excuse to go cruising in it. :p

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Every time I look at it, it reminds me of the Sun Crusher crossed with Rav's Crimson Axe crossed with a Naboo yacht.

Very cool ship, though.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I was under the impression that the Coronet was owned by the Republic Senate and not Satine specifically. Why would Satine have Senate Guards flying her ship?

10. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    That's the impression that I got. That it's a Republic ship. I mean, didn't it deliver Anakin?

11. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Yep, Anakin, Rex and Cody. It also had the red ambassadorial coloring. Pretty sure that's a Senate owned ship, and not Satine's. Also, the design and decor inside the ship didn't match the Mandalorian asethetic seen in the previous episode, and in fact looked more like what we see on Coruscant in the various apartments and offices.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    From the episode guide:
    Though Almec reaffirms Mandalore's loyalty to the Republic, Obi-Wan cannot ignore the holographic evidence he carries. When Satine arrives, Kenobi produces the proof: a recording of an armored Mandalorian saboteur, who took his own life rather than be captured by the Republic.

Do we know where this recording came from? Did I miss something in a previous episode, or is this the first time we've seen the saboteur? I just watched this episode last night and this plot point has been bugging me.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Nah, that's the first time we've heard about the saboteur.

I think it's one of those SW "in media res" things you kinda just pick up as you go along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.