main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 213: Voyage of Temptation Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Either way, it's a pretty solid sign (or reminder) that rabid interest among the "hardcore fan base" isn't even a drop in the bucket of the ratings, and therefore the actual money generated by the show. Given which we should be thankful that TCW caters to us diehards at all, much less with the loving care that they do devote to us.

Even if those ratings had been reversed, it still wouldn't track with fan interest levels, which were pretty low for Lightsaber Lost and ZOMG I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS for Mandalore Plot.

I am actually really glad it's just the one episode tonight. That way the episodes keep coming, but moreover I'm finding that I don't like fragments of longer arcs being broadcast together. Grievous Intrigue/Deserter was fine, but the season premiere was less so; 2/3 of an arc is either too much or not enough.

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    By the two previews shown this is gonna be a great episode. Those new assassin probes look coool. Seems like they put up quite a fight too. WOuld've been cool to have seen some crab droids running around, too.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not really... Anakin is just playing dumb...

4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I hope those droids aren?t the only enemies in this episode. If one of the three Mando episodes actually doesn?t have the Death Watch in it I will be extremely annoyed.

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I am worrying about that too. I can see them leaving out the death watch this episode. Not sure why though. I really hope not.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    If I don't see those cool Mandalorian starfighter in action in this arc I will be really disappointed.

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, it's the first commercial break, and two things are for certain:

One - Obi-Wan's in the dog house as far as Satine's concerned.
    Two - I think Anakin feels sympathy for Obi-Wan, having been in the same place as far as Padmé's concerned.

That scene where Obi-Wan exposed the traitor - I remember where that came from. It's similar to how Kirk and Spock used a tribble to expose the Klingon spy in The Trouble with Tribbles.

Looks like Obi-Wan is still quite the ladies man when it comes to Satine.

8. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Wow, someone watched Alien recently. A lot of homages in this episode.

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'll write a little review later but Anakin had my dying this entire episode.

Especially at the end.."What?..he was going to blow up the ship."

Oh and Rex was a badass as usual.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Good episode.

1) They might've solved the whole continuity crisis by referring to Mandalore as Kalevala in the intro. But later they used "Mandalore" again, so maybe Kalevala is its proper name but is considered by the Republc to be the legitimate Mandalorian government.

2) Good references to Kenobi's time with Qui-Gon.

3) Anakin killing Merrik was good, especially with the allusion by saying "so who will strike me first and be a cold blooded killer". Love Greg Proops

4) Kenobi would've left the Jedi Order?!

5) Next week's episode just looks plain out awesome.

11. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Amazing episode. I haven't enjoyed this show this much since Cloak of Darkness.

Merrick's death was handled really, really well.

12. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Wow, nice episode. Satine and Obi...and Qui Gon? That'd be a good story.

Mando guards deflecting blaster bolts! Well, bolts from droids which are pretty predictable, but still, cool.

Obi would have left the Jedi for her...and she doesn't like the beard! How dare she dis the beard!!!

And Anakin's suprise arrival at the tense moment...and it's foreshadowing too...man.

Also, with the noticeable absence of Ahsoka and both Rex and Cody so prominently featured, I'd guess this is pre-Christophsis. Pretty cool.

Also, Artoo joking and kicking droid backplates...awesome. Artoo saves Rex!

All in all, good episode.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The episode did feel like an older one in terms of production order. Animation was fluid, but not that great; it felt like the stuff we got from season one. But I always enjoy Obi-Wan and Anakin episodes, and that's a huge plus for me. Even though Obi-Wan referred Anakin as "Master Skywalker," it was enjoyable.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "You carry a deactivator?"=D=

R2 and the aforementioned Mandalorian guards FTW.

Greg Proops as a villain works!

What was going on with Anakin's eyes in this episode?

15. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I agree. It looked like the Clone Wars movie at times (at least to my untrained eye).

16. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    All in all, one of my favorites this season. Anakin was awesome, especially at the very ending. The interactions between him and Obi-Wan were perfect. I also enjoyed Obi-Wan referencing his Padawan days, which we hardly ever here about (this is the first new canon we've had on it for quite awhile -there was a little bit on it in "The Life and Times of Obi-Wan Kenobi," and that was the first after the "Jedi Apprentice" books, I believe.)

Satine was pretty likable as well. She's strong, but I don't think it was overdone. I like her animation.

Random thoughts:

-Good Force, the hyperspace background looked like it was from Doctor Who! I half expected the TARDIS to show up in the background. [face_laugh]

-"Clone Wars" has had... interesting coverage of pacifists, which the Lurmen in the first season, and now Satine. The theme of turning pacifists v. soldiers is rather deep for a cartoon aimed at all ages -don't get me wrong; I'm glad they're dealing with it because of the storytelling potential it holds, but it seems odd that it's popped up repeatedly. I'm interested in seeing how/if Satine's stances change in the next episode (which looks like it will be great!)

17. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    I thought the animation was one of the best so far. Anakins fight in the hallway and the assassin droids were all animated superbly. Satine even had moving hair.

Overall great episode. I really didn't care about the Obi-Wan love relationship but it was nice to see Anakin get on Obi-Wan's case for a change. I thought he could've actually asked more questions it seemed like he took an easy on him since he knows what its like to have a relationship along with being a jedi.

Only thing I didn't buy was Obi Wan saying he would've left the order if Satine asked him. The only reason Satine wouldn't ask him is probably because she knew he wouldn't be willing to say yes.

That whole scene made me sick I really loved how Tal Merrik kept interrupting and saying exactly what I felt. Anakin came back to save the episode too. You think he would've gotten scolded more for just killing that guy so casually but I guess Obi Wan was too preoccupied with his feelings.

Next episode looks stupendous. Felt like I was watching Jango and Obi Wan again.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's confirmed in the episode guide. Production no. 1.21 (Season 1, Episode 21)

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This one was rather awesome. Right down to Satine's last line about the beard. ;)

Merrick was cool... and although it was obvious he was going to die in this episode, the way he went out was perfect.

20. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    His rather visceral reaction to typical Star Wars romance ("You're making me sick!") was great. Too bad he wasn't around during the Naboo scenes in Attack of the Clones.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Even though the TCW designers reuse a lot of animation work, when Anakin stabbed Merrick, it looked like the same exact spot when Ventress stabbed Argyus. Anyone else noticed this?

22. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Yep. I dunno if they actually recycled the animation work; it just looked familiar. If you've seen one lightsaber-through-the-heart-from-behind killing, you've pretty much seen 'em all. :D

Man, I really like this episode. I have already made too many posts about it; I need to slow down before I get in trouble for spamming. [face_worried]

23. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Maybe I misunderstood him, but weren't he and Satine just talking to distract Merrick? I don't think it was a genuine confessional moment.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I imagine Greg Proops had that movie in his mind when he gave that line...:p

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    From a certain angle, it did. :p
    I missed Merrick's facial expression when Anakin stabbed him, but if his eyes and mouth are wide open, they probably recycled the "Ventress stabbing Argyus" bit. heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.