The Clone Wars: Episode 213: Voyage of Temptation Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garth Maul, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll bet just about anything that the Mandalorian assassin in the next episode is Boba Fett.

Also, is the cube-y planet in The Mandalore Plot Mandalore or Kalevala?
  2. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Good episode! Wish it had a better title.

-Satine was kind of snobby in the beginning.

-'The sarcasm of a soldier!' 'The delusions of a dreamer!' I'm thinking Satine would win in a staring contest.

-Orn Free Taa and his legendary appetite. He was rather diplomatic, and his scream is just plain funny.

-Spider droid.. layed eggs. Eww.

-Obi-Wan and Satine's exhanges, and Anakin getting rather nosey on Obi-Wan's past with her.

-Qui-Gon is finally mentioned!=D=

-Anakin's 'What is it, guys? I'm missin' dinner.'

-A more personal dilemma for Obi-Wan, as well as for Satine. I thought it was done well. Wasn't expecting the whole love confession scene. 'I would have left the Order on your word.' Is this Obi-Wan we're hearing?

-Very nice interior of the place, especially that hall, that fight scene with Anakin surrounded by droids reminded me of TPM.

-Anakin's boomerang lightsaber!

-'Neither of you can afford to take me down. So who will be the cold-blooded killer?'.. And Anakin stabs from behind, slight dark side theme playing. Nice suspense there. =D=

-Satine calls him 'Obi' and says she's not sure about the beard.[face_laugh]

-So Satine wasn't a traitor, and didn't die!

-Then that preview had to come up.:oops:
  3. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    I doubt Boba will appear as an assassin. Also, that planet was Mandalore.
  4. SoonerSean Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great episode.

I loved how Anakin stepped up to end things.
  5. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    How does the "insurrection" that Satine spoke of fit into what we already knew about Mandalorian history? Should this event be assumed to have taken place after Galidraan?
  6. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Then where does Kalevala fit into all this? I'm so confused!
  7. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty good episode, though didn't care for some moments. The confession at the end seemed a bit random. If Obi-wan and Satine had just been trying to just distract Merrick, that's one thing, but it seemed like just a spur of the moment thing.

Anakin stabbing Merrick through the chest was cool though. Not that killing people is good, but he was just gloating about making at least one of them lose their self-respect, and then Anakin just casually solves the problem. Of course, Anakin probably could've simply cut off his arm (its not like it was a deadman's switch), but that was more dramatic, and this is Anakin "future Darth Vader" Skywalker we're talking about.

The Obi-wan and Satine bickering wasn't too bad, almost some chemistry, although I thought she looked old with that headdress on. And heh, she carries some sort of droid zapper with her. Anakin teasing Obi-wan was funny, and awesome to hear Obi-wan reference Qui-gon. That sounds like it was a very interesting year. And heh, Satine liked Obi-wan better without the beard.

Interesting assassin droid designs, even if I don't care for the typical horror cliches. Dark room, small teams easily picked off, and people poking their heads only for monsters to attack them. Not to mention, Artoo is mostly useless if no one there can understand him. That protocol droid wasn't working for anyone was it? Not sure with its strange way of speaking and wonder if it erased something or was just opening a document on the datapad.

I liked the Obi-wan background the most, and almost interesting philosophy discussions. The animation was great, as was the fight. Huh, the Mando guards can actually deflect some bolts. Not to mention Artoo zapping those mini-spider droids. Just wish security was better sometimes, like when that traitorous Senator just walks onto the bridge. Don't they have an intercom or something? Not bad arc so far, hope the conclusion is good too.
  8. padme46 Jedi Padawan

This week's episode was great. I was surpised when Obi-wan told Anakin that he and Qui-gon protected Satine for a year. But I think it would be a intersting story. I was even more surpised when Obi-wan told Satine he would've quit the Order for her. Is that our Obi-Wan? The one that loved Siri?... Bre, the EU has nothing to do with this. I like Satine/Obi-wan stuff but I'll always be a Siriwan and Sabewan shipper.

I loved almost everyone minute of it. Was I the only one who thought of TPM, the part when Amidala and Obi-wan and everyone else arrives on Coursaunt, when Satine and Obi-wan and everyone else arrives. Though I loved the end of the episode. I can't wait until next week's episode.
  9. LukeClone2 Jedi Knight

I have to say that that episode is probably my favorite in the
    whole series (at least until next week).

Now I wasn't too big of a fan of the "backstory" they gave for
    how Obi Wan met Satine, I mean, come on, doesn't it seem odd
    that the Jedi Council would assign Qui Gon and Obi Wan to mission
    that would last a whole year and consist of them living "hand to mouth"
    and always on the run from bounty hunters? I don't know, the length
    of the mission, given how Obi Wan described it, struck me as a bit odd.
    Don't you think they could have wrapped it up a bit sooner?

Anyway, apart from that, I thought it was very good. The dialogue
    at the beginning between Obi and Satine was very good, in fact all of the
    dialogue was pretty good. The assassin droid walking the trooper
    towards Anakin was suitably creepy, the action with the assassin droids was a nice change of
    pace, Obi Wan's method for smelling out the rat was quite clever,
    I quite enjoyed Anakin's probing questions about Obi Wan's relationship,
    and I liked the love dialogue between Obi Wan and Satine although do
    you really think Obi Wan would have left the Jedi Order? He seems
    too honorable and dutiful and loyal to do that IMHO. If he really would have, then
    it speaks volumes about Satine because she probably knew he would and
    thus she didn't say anything for fear of causing him to abandon his duty.
    And one last random thought: It was nice to see Artoo have such a big role.

Anyway, very good stuff: it makes me hopeful that they will continue to
    develop Anakin and Padme's relationship more and more on the show too.
  10. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Lightsaber throw appears to be seeing a resurgence... Harth used it in DOE.
  11. Shadow555 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I liked this episode. Satine was just as witty as always and knew how to put Obi-Wan in his place.

I didn't trust Tal Merrick since the moment I saw him in The Mandalore Plot. There was something about him that didn't fly with me. Maybe it was the fact that we all knew he was the traitor from the Season 02 trailer back at San-Diego Comic Con so there really wasn't any surprise there.

When Tal Merrick asked who was going to be branded a cold hearted murderer I cracked up when Anakin just pulled the Ventress stabbed Argyus in the back trick. Priceless. I don't know Anakin was just so funny in this episode. I usually don't say that about Anakin but he just was so funny. The quote that really made me laugh was when he went down to where the clones and Artoo were he was like I'm missing dinner. That line was priceless.

Overall this episode was great, definitely one I will remember for a long time. Next week's episode looks epic but I will pass judgment on it next Friday.
  12. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Yes! I remembered reading about that. I see that it's being used more often.
  13. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    I highly doubt the assassin in the next episode is Boba Fett.

Anyway a very enjoyable episode for me, one of my favorites of this season. From the back and forth dialogue between Satine and Obi-Wan to the humor Anakin possessed in this episode. The reaction when he killed Merrick was priceless, "What? He was going to blow up the ship." Along with how casual he was with it. If Obi-Wan's feelings weren't so mixed at the moment I could see him being very mad. I thought the "I love you" confession was mostly truth but also a way to distract Merrick, just in case nothing worked she wanted to get the point across.

The assassin droids were great too, I liked Mixer's helmet design too and I liked the name Red Eye. Sad to see them perish.

Rex and Cody were badasses' as usual though. I liked the scene of them back to back while searching for the small assassin droids. When Rex stoped the legs of the assassin droid from getting him was nicely animated and enjoyed the small nod from Anakin to Rex.

Overall I liked it more than I thought I would.
  14. AvadaKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    That was the only thing that I didn't buy at all. I just don't see Obi-Wan as being the kind of Jedi that would even consider leaving the Jedi order for a woman. Though, it's not like I know him personally or anything, lol. ;)

The Anakin and Obi-Wan moments were golden though. :)
  15. Dynoblaze Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The episode was good. I liked almost all of it except for the last five minutes. I was agreeing with the Senator when he rolled his eyes as the heroes "profess their love" *reach*.
    That seemed soooo random. And I would have liked Obi to grow a pair and stab the spy (maybe it's just me but I didn't see a problem with the choices presented). But luckily Anakin did the job (of course the line about "WHO WILL PROVE THEY ARE A COLD HEARTED MURDERER" ruins it cause that's one of the hints that Anakins going to go bad, but oh well.)

Next week a lone Mando is sent to take out the senator......can anyone say.....Faaannnnnservice?
  16. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I liked this episode, I thought the ending where Satine and Obi-Wan are left with a choice like they were given was very insightful. I like how they show Anakin's actions as rather justified cause it shows not really his evil side, but his no fear in doing what needs to be done which eventually gets exploited by Palpatine in ROTS.

17. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm surprised I can even say this with a straight face, but I wish Ahsoka were in this episode. The thing with Anakin was funny, but it would have been hardcore for the teenager to kill Merrick.

Though there's a huge plot hole with that whole standoff. Once it's clear that he won't be able to kidnap Satine Merrick has every reason to just blow up the ship with everyone on it. He'd die too, of course, but it beats just standing around waiting to get killed to hurt his enemies' feelings. All he did was ensure he wouldn't take anyone with him. Too bad, because he was pretty cool up until that point.

I think if true, it's an interesting way of setting up Obi-Wan as a foil to Anakin. Maybe Obi-Wan would break his Jedi vows for love, but he'd be honest about it; he'd leave. Anakin wanted to have his cake and marry it too. But instead of acknowledging that he wasn't willing to live up to the standards of the Jedi he does whatever he wants. The same thing happens once he's a Sith. He has a chance to just leave with Padme but he wants the power promised by Sidious.
  18. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The year when Obi-Wan and Satine were together could have happened after the Battle of Galidraan when the shifting of pwer to the New Mandos took place for anyone interested in tying this up with EU material. With the True Mandalorians gone and the original Death Watch gone, the New Mandos had a chance to take Mandalore for themselves. The insurrection that Kenobi speaks of is, if you ask me, is during a moment in the fragile state Mandalore was in after the Civil War where people opposed the New Mandos taking control. Which means Datine is either much older than Obi or that Mandalore, like Naboo, accepts politicians at very young ages.

19. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Why do people keep bringing up this old chestnut? People have every right in a free society to quit bathing or changing their clothes, but that doesn't mean it's a wonderful idea. Likewise, if George Lucas decided he wanted to release an Ultra Special Deluxe Edition of the original trilogy where Han Solo is digitally replaced and re-dubbed with Jar Jar. ("Da death mark from Jabba de Hutt bein' muy bombad!") Get the point?

Moreover, as fans we have every right to complain, so by your logic you should just accept that.

20. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent, excellent, excellent episode!

Paul Dini did a phenominal job with the characters and making them just leap off the screen. LOVED the R2 action and the brave little astro droid getting some respect and love from not only Anakin, but the clones as well.

Yay for the Qui-gon reference and learning more about Obi-wan's past. Anakin had perhaps the funniest line so far this season with "how romantic." The dialogue between him and Obi-wan about Satine was great, though I almost wish we had a little more of it because I find it interesting since Anakin is involved with Padme. I do, however, think Dini is GREAT at putting extra meaning in the characters' dialogue where the characters are saying one thing and you can tell they mean more than what they are saying or where you have to kind of read between the lines. It's almost very subtle and it's very realistic... especially the beginning with Anakin and Obi-wan. I need to rewatch the episode to be more specfic about what I mean here, but basically Dini is talented with dialogue and making the characters really connect in a fun, classic SW kind of way.

The assassin droids were very matrix like, did anyone else think that? Still, they did the trick and I dug the little nod to Alien, especially when that one droid swooped down from above and picked the clone off his feet.

I liked the Obi-wan/Satine banter A LOT, but did think it was a bit rushed at the end when Merrick was putting her into the escape pod. It was almost like he stopped to let them have a little heart-to-heart. Even though he made fun of them, it would have been better if he had been forcing her into the pod as she struggled to tell Obi-wan how she felt. I also thought when she admitted her feelings it was a bit of a jump from their previous conversations, as if they skipped a beat. And I'm still not sure how I feel about Obi-wan's response about how he would have left the order had she just said the word. I really need to think about that a bit more to see if that tracks with his characterization in TPM or not.

My only other complaints --

They could really use a few more background droids... getting kind of sick of seeing the same ones, especially the pudgy one with the pointy ears. Also, why didn't anyone turn on the lights in the hold while the clones, Anakin and R2 were searching for the droids? They needed a line about the power being cut off or something. Anakin was also a little toooo impatient with the hold proticol droid. Were they trying to make it seem like the droid was guilty of something? It came across weird to me. did anyone else think that?

Oh I will say that at the end with Anakin killing Merrick I thought that was a great problem for Obi-wana nd Satine as far as who would stop him and I just knew Anakin would be the one, but when he did it I half lept out of my seat it was so cool the way they showed his lightsaber just spear through the guy and Anakin's lack of caring. Also, the subtle Vader theme was okay with me and I liked Obi-wan's disapointment and Anakin's nonchalance about it. Perfect.

So make no mistake I loved the episode and very happy to see Dini and Gilroy back in the saddle.
  21. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    MaceWinducannotdie: a good saga needs a good continuity. Plus, one of the fun things of watching this series is trying to tie it up with the current timeline.

22. Jaden_Starkiller Jedi Knight

Love the Mando episodes , But where is Ahsoka, or is this time line before she became Anakins padawan ? Seems to me that a padawans place is at their Masters side.
    I know they have done this in past episodes, and I love the Anakin and Obi-Wan episodes, I was just wondering???
  23. quara Force Ghost

star 1
    I really liked this episode, although I think I'm going to have nightmares about those spider droid-things.

Orn-Free Taa was a lot ore fun than I'd thought he could be--I honestly think that given a big enough buffet and free Martinis, Orn-Free Taa could solve the Galaxy's problems.

The back and forth between Satine and Obi-wan was entertaining too--I really liked the chemistry and the story behind their relationship. Usually I hate love declarations, but this one was well-done (especially considering it's a cartoon, and is Star Wars) And woo! Qui-gon reference.

And finally can I just thank the soundtrack guy for the strains of "the Imperial March" when Anakin went all Vader on Merrik? I'm a sucker for those sort of things.

24. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Good episode. I think I liked it even better than last week's. Then again, maybe not.

A couple of amusing things jumped out on me. Rex was apparently temporarily possessed by Ric Olié when they came upon that empty container.

And aww, Satine called him "Obi". A privilege previously reserved for Jar Jar.
  25. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I liked how Kenobi mentioned the Civil War, offers insioght as to why he mentioned Jango Fett the way he did in the first episode of this arc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.