main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 213: Voyage of Temptation Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden_Starkiller

Jaden_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2009
    You have to love those awesome Vader moments !!!

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Can anyone tell me why Orn Free Taa is a Twi-lik?

Also, Onaconda Faar, didn't he side with the Republic back in season one? So i guess this episode takes place before that... or is it still possible it could take place after and Ahsoka could just be on a mission somewhere else?

3. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    Say, I've been thinking... If Obi-Wan had a crush on another girl before Satine, is it possible that the reason he would have left the order for Satine because he already experienced a form of heartbreak before her and didn't want to make the same "mistake?" Kinda how most of Anakin's attachment to Padme in ROTS was because of his past experience with his mother?

4. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    All in good time... from the preview it doesn't look like the Mandos are going anywhere. If anything Palpy makes it clear they are a growing and serious threat. [face_skull]

5. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. I just get really annoyed when people make smug, illogical points like that in a debate. Argue for why continuity should be preserved/overwritten to your heart's content, but the whole "You guys should shut up because the holy George Lucas speaking through his prophet Dave Filoni declared things should be thus" thing is not anything approaching a respectable argument. Everyone should say what they like and what they don't like and why.

6. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm still wondering if Spar will make an appearance.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    A mission? Probably not. Either she's in the Jedi Temple, or this Mandalorian arc takes place before Ahsoka became Anakin's Padawan.

8. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    I agree too, Star Wars is a community effort, not just George's world. And Dave Filoni does his best to link this with EU material while making this follow George's ideas. I think people complain too much about it sometimes. All you need is a good imagination and some brain power to link certain things together. Most continuity debates are just people griping cause the continuity doesn't go the way they WANTED, so they decide to call it a "continuity error." and gripe.

9. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Why not? She's went on a mission with Luminara in season one. It's like a study abroad! lol.

10. Sith-Spitter01

Jan 26, 2010
    Plus, Anakin's trials were skipped cause of the war, so the order may feel the need to rush many padawans due to the need for more knights.

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I think they want this to take place before Christophis. The lack of Ahsoka in an entire arc with Anakin and Obi-Wan is very strange. Maybe that's why we got Lightsaber Lost an Ahsoka themed episode before this arc.

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    In Mando'a Tal means blood. I wonder if that was intentional?:confused:

I liked R2 a lot in this episode, Anakin as well. I'm not so sure what to make of Satine representing 1500 inhabited systems or whatever and her and Obi's love story in the wilds of Mandalore.

Even Pre Visla was good in this one. If they would have kept him more mysterious I think he would work way better as a character.

13. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Probably because both his parents were. I'm more interested why he's French.

14. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    No. No, nobody can.

Totally before Christophsis. Filoni said for sure there would be jumping around the timeline this season. As far as I can tell, this is the first instance of it. And that does indeed make Farr's wavering fidelity to the Republic make sense... Bombad Jedi hasn't happened yet.

15. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Pros:
    - The Coronet is ONE SWEET SHIP.
    - Non-CIS battle droid seem to be more effective...is this a redshirt and/or Stormtrooper thing going on here?
    - The Kalevalan's staffs look SWEET.
    - Not much bickering between Obi-Wan and Satine except the start.
    - The great appetite of Orn Free Taa (laughing)
    - Tal Merrik - (applauds) and Anakin pulling a Gha Nachkt - (more applause) followed by ("Taps" being played)

Cons:
    - Apparently, the Death Watch's ideas on reinforcements are Confederate battle droids. At least they're SBDs, which is good.
    - No Mandalorians
    - Enough with the traitors!

Comments:
    - There were two instances where I was slowly applauding:
    1. When Tal Merrik reveals himself to be a traitor
    2. Anakin stabbing Merrik...leave it to Anakin to be a cold murderer and still look good in the public.
    - Apparently Obi-Wan had a beard before Ep. I

Better than the last one, 8/10

Up next: The Galactic Senate vs. Duchess Satine.

But for now, I have to get "Stand by alert. Death Star approaching. Estimated time to firing range: Fifteen minutes" out of my head.

16. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I mean because he wasn't originally intended to be and he's got two extra head tails. What's the deal?

17. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Same here. And bring in the KT Mandalorians as well! And Fenn Shysa!

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, without looking at any of the comments to date, and without posting and stopping the episode as I usually do, here's my thoughts at 3:21 a.m., hopefully they'll be coherent:

- whoa whoa whoa "as the designated Regent of 1500 systems".....[face_money_eyes]

- So Satine and Anakin basically share the same POV of politics?

- Satine getting loaded! [face_hypnotized]

- QUI-GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and I spent a year on Mandalore!

- "He also left out the undercurrent of remorse." - Brilliant.

- but...but...a true pacifist wouldn't use any violence to defend herself!

- "which of the Senators is the traitor." Really, Kenobi? It couldn't possibly be the Mandalorian Senator could it? Gods no? No, really, no, nada, negatory, too obvious.

- "Senator Merrick. Well, Prince?" Have they no use for titles? Do they understand how titles work?

- Vader saber-toss + Rex badass = :cool:

- what exactly are the Mando guards trying to block with their staves?

- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Obi-Wan leaving the Order? [face_batting]:D[face_love][face_dancing]o_O[face_worried]

- "who will strike first and brand themselves a cool-blooded killer?" Oh right, Anakin. =D=

- Meh. Pretty decent episode. Nothing to complain about other than the obvious S1 animation in some parts, but not as fun as last week's episode. Other than the fantastic dynamic between Obi-Wan and Satine, which recalls the Han/Leia dynamic from the OT, nothing too remarkable in this episode.

19. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    What? How could you say that I thought the episode was nothing but fun!

I also think it's pretty obvious this was a season one episode they patched up and made part of this new Mando arc... good call, but it would have been fun to see a Mandalorian reinforcement squard instead of the assassin droids. But it was cool so I'll give them a pass under the assumption we will see plenty of Mandalorian action in season three... or better yet a season two cliffhanger which sees the rise of the Mandalorian army!! [face_skull]

20. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    This was one of the best episodes yet. I really hope they get Paul Dini on board a few more times.

It is true that throughout the episode, while it was a good looking episode, as mentioned it did have that season 1 feel in the textures here and there, character detail and animation, but they kinda brought it up to make it a closer level to season 2, much like they did for Cargo of Doom, which had a production number of 1.13 (midway through Season 1!)

Whats everyone's guess for the production number for the next episode? the only unknown one so far is 2.10 and the next earliest vacant production number is 2.15. I'm probably gonna go for 2.15, although 2.10 is my next bet.

Also, on another note, this episode marks the end of the content we saw in the official Season 2 trailer. Every episode starting from "Duchess of Mandalore" and onwards made no appearance in the trailer. Should be interesting.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Erm... No, he doesn't.

22. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Indeed, which is why she thinks he looked better without it - and she's right, he's a very handsome man.

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    About the beard or lack there of, anyone seen the fugitive?

Oh and this will so become a new book series with obi and satine.

24. Xoxaan11594

Xoxaan11594 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2009
    Ummm, possibly because he's been a Twi-lek since 1999, when a little movie called THE PHANTOM MENACE popped into theaters!

25. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Very much enjoyed this episode. The Obi-Wan/Satine interaction was fun and Anakin needling him about it was a blast. The scene between them in the beginning of the episode where Anakin mentions he senses anxiety from him is a reversal of their first scene together in AOTC. Anakin should have flirted with her just to screw around with Obi-Wan. ;)

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Mandalore for a year protecting Satine...that would make a pretty good story I think.

Nice to see Artoo in on the action.

I loved the Coronet. It was an awesome ship.

I was totally expecting the traitor to get his hand cut off by Anakin. The impaling was a surprise but that's pretty par for the course on this show and hey, it's Anakin. His reaction proved he was the most rational of the three.

BTW, here's a link to a report about CN's ratings in January and The Clone Wars is mentioned at the bottom...

http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=2334

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.