main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 214: Duchess of Mandalore Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    A little bit of both, fanboy.

I suppose it's possible they could push this to 5 seasons, but I don't really see it.

I'm also not sure how long the Mandos could be villains before it gets old. Obviously not yet, since I'm super-excited about the episode.

Unfortunately(?), I will heading out to the mountains to chillax in a cabin, toboggan, cross-country ski, and watch the Olympics.

2. kylethejawa

kylethejawa Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2010
    =D= i can't wait for this one i went to star wars.com it had a spoiler

3. lordnyris

lordnyris Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2010
    Hey guys this is my first post on the forums!!
    Not really too insitefull, but do you think that things that contradict the EU will be connected back to it??

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Welcome to the LACWAC forum! :D
    As for the connections, Mr. Chee will create the new Clone Wars timelime at the end of the series. There is a discussion about continuity in the Lit forum, which has good discussions about the EU as well.

5. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Sometimes I think Mr. Chee gets paid to read theforce.net and do a little cut and paste! LOL. I would to if the fans were doing all my work over in the continuity forums too.

6. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    You lucky lucky poodoo! Guess that means he won't be posting for a while?

Just in case, if they use the mandos sporadictly (?) I think they could stretch it out (as long as we get some big battles with them)... I mean look how they keep using the droids! lol.

Also, I could see this showing last another four years easily the way they space out the stories and the characters they center them on. I think Dave mentioned the show MASH a few times, which lasted longer than the Korean War on which it was based.

If you think about WW2 America entered it in 1941 and it was over in 1945... so 4 years and look at all the stories there.

Man, only 2 more years would seriously bum me out. That would be 4 seasons total... that's not a lot.

7. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Lucas himself made that reference to M*A*S*H* in an interview shortly before Season 2 started airing.

There's still plenty of Jedi to introduce, we are still missing several Jedi Council members, not to mention tons of other more minor Jedi that we have seen briefly (Pablo-Jill, Bultar Swan, Roth Del-Masona, etc).

There's still tons of planets to visit as well, and now they are introducing several other factions into the mix as well.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, if X-Files can last for 10 seasons or whatever, anything's possible. ;)

I agree that they'll have to get away from the main characters to survive though. There's only so much foreshadowing of Vader they can do before it gets old hat. The fact that it hasn't yet shows how talented they really are.

And yeah, I'll be out of commission from lunch Friday to Monday evening.

9. RaidonMakoto

RaidonMakoto Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2007
    It looks like the Mandalorians are using Firesprays.

Oh, the continuity headache.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Also, welcome to our new LACWAC members!

Please feel free to PM me or any of the LACWAC mods if you have any questions!

11. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Which spoiler are you talking about?

12. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    The Outer Rim Sieges could take up a season alone.

And hello to all the new folks! Pull up a log and join us around this crazy campfire. Beware of monkey lizards.

13. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    What he said. :p

14. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Yeah new people to torment!! ;)

Firesprays... you mean the Slave One ships?!?

Yes!!

And if you want to get technical about it the old marvel comics should Fenn Sysha and his band of Mandos fighting in the Clone Wars with... Firespays aka Slave Ones!

15. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    If there are Firesprays, there will be blood...

Mostly because folks will forget that the origin of Slave One and the Firespray has been retconned more times than Padme changes clothes.

16. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    More times than Padme changes clothes??? Whoa, that's a lot... :p

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I doubt there will be Firesprays-the list of ships appearing in season 2 did not include them, and the creators specifically made the Guantlet for Death Watch to use.

On the note of Death Watch equipment: They are using AATs. Hmmmm....well, i guess they don't have factories to make their own weapons...and it is cool to see the CIS supplying allied groups. Probably made a nice profit on the deal too.

18. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Well, after the SBDs and spike ships last episode, seeing a tank shouldn't be surprising.

As for the Firesprays, yeah, I don't know why you'd make a new fighter and shuttle design just to throw those out there. I'm probably in the minority, but I've never been a fan of the Firespray and the new ships look a lot better. Then again, I am a -huge- fan of flying games, and have tried to fly one of those dumb things (Galaxies - triple ace pilot who spent WAY too much on KSE parts). Hated them and enjoyed PVPing in my Eta-2 and utterly destroying folks in Firesprays.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    As a former Galaxies player, I understand what you mean, but probably not everyone.
    Firesprays, especially Slave I, are really an icon in Star Wars. I wouldn't like it if every Death Watch member or perhaps just Pre Viszla owned one. The Mandalorian Protectors during the Clone Wars were aligned with the CIS, so maybe it would make sense if the Death Watch supported the CIS than the Republic. (Hence the use of SBDs and AAT tanks) But, hopefully the Death Watch won't give up tonight and pledged their allegiance toward the Republic. A lot of fans would be angry.

20. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yes, beware!

Where did you hear/see/read that?

21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Just to reiterate. Slave 1 was one of the six prototype Firesprays, the last one.

Prototype. I'm pretty sure that the designers would have held onto the blueprints. Its not really much of a continuity gaffe. The designers could have always been hired by Death Watch to build a couple squadrons.

22. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Can't wait. A few more hours. =)

23. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Well to those who say the Firespray is unique, you could argue so was Boba Fett's armor. But I did think they made the Gauntlets (cool ship name by the way) for the Mando Commandos... but it sounded like someone posting above was certain they were appearing. It would be such a nice surprise to see the mandos taking off in Slave Ones at the end of the episode, heading off to battle.

Ace, you would think the Republic would figure out the mandos were working with the Seppys just by all the droids and Sep tech they used in Voyage of Temptation!! Also, I would expect the Mandos to supply the Seppys with their superior tech than the other way around. I thought that was the point of reopening their factorys? Maybe with Satine soon out of the way (?) they will be free to really ramp up productions on weapons and equipment.

24. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The Firespray-class didn't consist of one ship left after the prototype run, more were created (apparantly based on the Slave 1's notority) later on. This could have started during the CW, and based on Jango's use instead.

25. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    You'd also think that those FULLY DROID RUN STARSHIPS wouldn't need to have air running through them other than a prison cell. Or that instead of trying to snipe the senator in this episode our assassin would just pack a service droid full of explosives send it into her room and BOOM problem solved ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.