main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 215: Senate Murders Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I think they're supposed to be the finest army because they were based on Jango's DNA.

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I like the idea of an accelerated growth = lower quality concept. It would certainly lend credence to why the stormtroopers seem to adopt a tradition of awful marksmanship compared to their AoTC predecessors.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It's the training, not the growth acceleration that makes for crappy stormtroopers.

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    In that same place, though, we get Taun We noting that more troops will take more time to produce, so that at least implies that the Kaminoans have more on the way and that it won't be another decade before the next batch is ready. My guess is that they had a certain amount within days/weeks of deployment and the more time troops were already made and ready to go, but still a few months away. That might work with the different ages we see the clones, from fetus, to Boba's age, to the younger guys in the dining area, to the guys already armored up.

5. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    The Kaminoans are not going to go to the expense of growing clones that have not already been ordered. They probably aren't cheap and they'd be up a creek if the Republic said no thanks, three million's plenty. That's no way to run a business. Obviously all of the kids we saw in AOTC are already on order from "Sifo-Dyas."

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Then, based on Taun We's statement, I would think there's probably a way to get more within a reasonable time. Otherwise, it seems pointless to even bring up.

7. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    I managed to catch this episode,. I really enjoyed it myself, but it certainly isn't the highlight of the season, just a filler I guess. But a still a good filler.

As far your clone order discussion goes, there are ways to produce a full grown clone in a year's time, however I think Palpatine did this behind the Kaminoans' backs. Also, I'm pretty sure that the debate in the Senate was on how much time and money would be spent on increasing clone production which includes: growth, training,distribution,investment in new means of production, and the building of new facilities.

Edit: Also, remember that Senator Bertoni says "This war will not end soon" so we can see that as her way of saying the investment in more clones will be well worth while.

8. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    At this point, I'll assume that the cloners on Kamino provide services to clone troops within months as well as within a decade. From a business standpoint, there's no reason why Kamino would stick only to the 10-year cloning method instead of giving consumers the choice of sacrificing quality for faster clone creation time.

9. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    I just heard "increase clone production"...for me that means investment in making more clones which includes EVERYTHING up until they are sent to battle such as making more of them, finding means to make them faster, and finding new ways to train them. I don't really need to investigate it to hell and back to understand what they mean.

10. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I think they meant that they were going to make more for the future, as in several years into the future, since Halle Burtini mentioned that, "...this war will not end soon." They probably just assumed that the war woudl still be going on by the time the new troops had reached maturity.

EDIT: Sorry, I only read the last two posts before saying this. Sorry I repeated something that was already said@! [face_peace]

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You don't need the quotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.