main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 217: Bounty Hunters Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I always assumed that it's ambiguous. He's not only referring to Luke, but other Jedi.

2. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow. I've never heard anyone state they thought Yoda's noted verbiage in ESB could be about anyone but Luke. Interesting point of view, but I'll hold to my own I suppose.

I think Seven Samurai is among the greatest films ever made, so the kudo given Kurosawa at the onset is my favorite aspect of this episode. But the Ani/Honda fight honestly dragged it down for me. Pretty tough to swallow!

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I think Seven Samurai is among the greatest films ever made, so the kudo given Kurosawa at the onset is my favorite aspect of this episode. But the Ani/Honda fight honestly dragged it down for me. Pretty tough to swallow!

Blame the Monkey Lizard for throwing him off.:p

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Having watched it a couple of times now, I really ended up enjoying this one. For one thing, it's nice to get more bounty hunters and pirates showing up. I always love the fringe element, so getting this collection of characters was a treat. They were all pretty cool in their own way, so it was a little sad to see Rumi go. It's nice that they put a little peril into it, though, rather than just another story where the heroes fight hard and come out unscathed.

Good to have Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka all together in an episode again. I don't think those three had operated together since the Geonosis arc.

And Hondo! Loved having him back. He didn't really make much of an impression when I first saw the episodes last season, but on repeat viewings he grew on me. Seeing him back was a great moment. And while I was a little put off that he's able to stand up to Anakin of all people in a duel, I guess it might make some sense that a pirate in a galaxy full of Jedi might be working on his sword or staff-wielding skills. That still didn't really ring true for me.

I don't know if this was intentional by Filoni or not, but the actor for the village leader seemed to be channeling Mako with his voicing. I kept getting hints of Iroh from "Avatar: The Last Airbender" when he would speak.

Yeah, I figured that just like Obi-Wan, Hondo knows people from his world and that these folks only want to get paid. And to do that they're being mercs, not necessarily the honorable protectors they're claiming to be. Nor bounty hunters, for that matter.

Having not seen that episode yet, I would speculate that perhaps Hondo's supposed to aid Boba in some way at some point, but backstabs Boba and Aurra by backing out of it. But that's just a guess based on absolutely no evidence. Just something I wouldn't mind seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.