The Clone Wars: Episode 217: Bounty Hunters Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    I think you misinterpret what Yoda said, Rob. The way Ahsoka said it did not sound like Yoda's line from ESB. The writers may have went that direction of showing more OT lines integrated within TCW, but they overdone it this time with "Size masters not." Perhaps they wanted to add that line in, but it ended up not sounding like it. "You don't have to be tough to be tough"? To me, that's something completely different.
  2. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    I think you misinterpreted me. I'm not saying it sounding like a kid would say. It was very blatantly, as fistofan1 said above, done in a cutesy, early-morning preschooler show way. I'm sure Filoni will talk about this as a message put in for kids in the StarWars.com episode commentary for this episode. It's a message that's been done many, many times in cartoons for young kids.
  3. DarthMaul431 Jedi Master

star 2
    Am I the only one hoping to see a cool Bounty Hunter face-off between Embo and Cad Bane? How awesome would that be?!
  4. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Meh
  5. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No, you're not the only one. :D
    Though I'm not sure if the computers could withstand that much hat awesomeness. :p
  6. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    That would be an epic fight. :p

But something tells me that we might not see Embo again.[face_worried]
  7. Koonster Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually that would be awesome. They'd have each other in neck snapping holds the ENTIRE TIME. I personally loved this episode: Sugi, Embo, Hondo, Rancors, Seperatists winning for once, those weird animals that the natives ride, vulture droid carrier, Felucia in general, how it was exactly like the seven samuri...
  8. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Alas, I don't have time to really get into, but I really think this was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

usually, I am not one to talk much about the ever elusive "Star Wars feel"....but personally, I think this episode captured the feel of Star Wars perfectly. Kick arse samurai do-gooding in an exotic local...and what a local. Felucia didn't look quite as good as it idid in the movie or concept art, but it was still beautiful none the less. The battle set pieces were really exciting as well, and damn did Embo kick ass. Almost too much ass...the other bounty hunters didn't get to show off at all...still, I liked all of them and hope see them again (bounty hunter posse showdown).

very nice touch, dedicating the story to Kurosawa. Man inspired Star Wars in many ways.

You see a trio of cruisers blow it up in the opening, what isn't explained about that?

9. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Oh, so that was supposed to be the medical station over Felucia? I'm sorry, I guess after seeing the third reuse of that shot of the wounded clones boarding a gunship on Geonosis, I kinda zoned out.
  10. FistoFan93 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah, they could've at least used Shadow of Malevolence footage for that.
  11. Koonster Jedi Knight

star 2
    It wouldn't be the same![face_not_talking] Anyways, they just wanted to reuse the separatist dreadnaught design. COUGH Trench isn't dead yet Cough
  12. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not as good as I thought it would be. The Bounty Hunters were very human, which I didn't really expect (all reminded me a little of Jedi Trial) but not a bad episode either. The only really jarring moment that made me wonder was that I was a little surprised that Anakin didn't let Hondo drop. I guess it's nice to see he's got moments of self control even if they're extremely few and far between but it seemed a little out of place.
  13. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Just saw it...

OMG MONKEY LIZARD AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! :D[face_laugh]

Monkey Lizard attacking Anakin and biting him and flinging himself in his face had me cracking up.

And then he manned the tank and fired the cannon at him!!!! :D[face_laugh]=D=

EPIC WIN!!!!!!

I half expected Monkey Lizard to pickpocket Obi-Wan's lightsaber though, earlier on when they first met Hondo.

I loved this episode!

Okay, the Bounty Hunters weren't hunting bounties, but still...

Embo rocked. Is it just me or did he speak Huttese or something? I couldn't make out a word he said!

I also liked the little guy in the armoured suit. Too bad he didn't kick some more ass before he got taken out. Although he did kick ass as the little guy himself!
  14. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    And Obi Wan would snatch it back with cool before the Monkey Lizard finishes the pickpocketing. Would show Obi Wan's learned from the last time.
  15. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Nobody steals from Obi-Wan. :cool:
  16. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually feel kind of jealous/impatient. I feel like seeing Zillo Beast instead of this episode.
  17. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Indeed, but I have to admit, I want to skip the Godzilla/Cloverfield/whatever episodes and watch the Boba ones.
  18. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't a memorable one like the Battle of Geonosis or Saleucami episodes.
  19. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    This plot has been used many times, most recently (that I remember) on Enterprise with the Marauders episode. That being said, I enjoyed it a great deal. More people died here than died in Marauders I might add as well.

Some tremendous detail in the early space flight scenes, some fun banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan, three neck snappings and good guy bounty hunters. I like stories that leave the Clone Wars once and a while and it's nice to see the Jedi doing some good elsewhere. I like, I like.

Not to mention Hondo's Ricardo Mountalban voice is awesome.
  20. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    The episode was better then I thought it was going to be after reading the posts on here. Ahsoka had the awful cringe worthy line "You don't have to look tough to be tough." ugghh...

Anyway Embo was completely badass, I feel like we'll see that guy a lot in the future due to the positive reaction so far for him.

I hated the whole training segment of the episode though, a lot of the scenes and lines weren't good at all. That orange Felucian started to get on my nerves.

I loved seeing Hondo again though. Jim Cummings does a great job voicing him.
  21. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    -Felucia. They did a horrible job animating it in my opinion.

Are you kidding? The animation for Felucia looked great.

As for the Republic sending a small ship to investigate, I suspect that Anakin and Obi-Wan's job was to do some recon and it quickly got out of control. As for the vulture droids following the shuttle to their "death", yeah, I agree. That was stupid.
  22. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    My thoughts on this episode were mild. Many parts of the episode were long, and overdone. The Seven Samurai homage has been done many times before. It's getting quite old.

The beginning went by too fast, and once they got on the planet, it seemed to drag a bit. Ahsoka had some annoying dialogue, and I am relieved she got little attention in this episode. But, she wasn't needed. I would have liked it better if it were just an Obi-Wan and Anakin episode. Also, why would they use a T-6 shuttle? It's weaponless. Not every smart, considering they don't know what happened to the Felucia med center. Ahsoka seems to know that craft quite well, too. (Strange.)

The so-called "bounty hunters" were not bounty hunter-like, but moreover just normal bodyguards. I would have liked it if Hondo called Sugi and her team off by saying "Not every bounty hunter like" or something similar. But the "how much are they paying you" was a nice touch, but again, still not what bounty hunters do.

I don't get why people like Embo. For me, he was all right. His strange acrobatic flips and his James Bond villain rip off hat throwing was okay. Sugi was probably the best out of all of the others, but she didn't seem like a bounty hunter.

Overall, it was okay. I saw a preview of Boba holding Jango's helmet, and then the Godzilla/Cloverfield (it did look like Cloverfield in the preview) after the episode.
  23. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Kind of rushed, but not bad. Embo was interesting, but there wasn't that much of him. Ahsoka was a bit annoying but also not involved much. Sugi was cool, and I wonder if we might see her again. Hondo was kind of underwhelming.. and what happened to his tomato monkey-lizard?

Overall it was OK, liked it better than Cat and Mouse.. but not very original. It seemed too much like Defenders of the Peace, with some Dooku Captured mixed in.
  24. AvadaKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Agreed. :)

This episode was surprisingly good. Very fun to watch. I was ready to just roll my eyes and groan through it like I did with Cat and Mouse. The first thoughts I grumbled: why is Obi-Wan riding in the back and Ahsoka riding shotgun? :oops: You can see how picky I can get about this show, lol.

But as soon as the bounty hunters showed up, I found myself watching and enjoying the ride. The banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan never gets old and I will always enjoy them playfully sniping at each other. Ahsoka didn't even annoy me once in this entire episode. Now, that's progress. [face_laugh]

Embo really surprised me. I was expecting to be kind of let down based on the hype, like I was with Cad Bane, but I really liked him and his presence. I would've been very disappointed if he would've died. I'd like to see him come back at some point. Good guy, bad guy. I wouldn't care. I just want to see him again in some capacity. I'm also glad that he didn't speak Basic. That would've annoyed me to no end.

All in all, the last episode of The Clone Wars I enjoyed this much was Grievous Intrigue, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. Next week's episode looks good too. Anakin and Mace? I'm there. Plus, I'm a sucker for huge monsters attacking things and creating chaos. Heck, I even enjoyed the new Godzilla movie they released back in the late 90s, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this new one too.
  25. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahsoka was annoying, though. And I did find it strange when she was sitting in the co-pilot seat, and Obi-Wan was sadly booted to a passenger seat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.