main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 222: Lethal Trackdown Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Guide is up, says "Aurra loses control of the Slave 1 and crashes it". No real continuity problems here, and I guess they're just being subtle enough for casual fans to enjoy her death or real enthusiasts to work it into the EU.

2. mykillmyers

mykillmyers Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Aurra Sing and Bossk were obviously just using Boba Fett as a way to a means, they were trying to get bread and worked a vulnerable boy for his ride, all under the guise of helping him get his revenge.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Oh, so they wanted the bounty on Windu. [face_idea]

But I didn't know Windu was made of bread...[face_thinking]

Seriously, I'm joking. I'm not that confused.

Still don't get why Boba didn't give any coordinates, though.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Another thing that was stupid was when they said Pond's number was "CT-411" or something similar. His number is CC-6454, as said in a TCW visual guide.

5. mykillmyers

mykillmyers Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I'll give you and example from THIS episode. Mace showed compassion when he totally blew Fett's assassination attempt off altogether and said he wasn't going to "Act like a child as well" by going after him and taking him out, like the chosen one wanted to do. Mace showed compassion "attachment" when he saved Anakin from getting his head blown off earlier in the episode by the booby trapped helmet, Mace cared enough to save him. Anakin says R2 got more praise from Mace than he ever has, totally forgetting that Mace saved his life like an hour earlier all while never saying thank you, which I'm sure is not the jedi way either. Compassion comes in different forms and sometimes its anonymous, sometimes it's in your face, sometimes it's over your head, nobody expresses themselves exactly the same. If all jedi acted exactly the same people would whine about that.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ok, thoughts, in no particular order:
    The descent into the Coursicant underworld was stunning. I also enjoyed how varied the ships and speeders buzzing around that tunnel were.

The Coursicant taxis looked like the Mandolorian ones, but with ads on the side. I love the little touches like that. Makes the galaxy feel more alive.

Bar fight was kind of disappointing, but I suppose there were time constraints. And I suppose the jedi are supposed to avoid violence.

Aurra and Boba's story hit all of its emotional points very well. She acted kind enough to see why Boba became attached, but when push came to shove, Aurra showed her true colors.

Hondo once again hilarious. As someone else mentioned, I was surprised at what they implied there with line about Boba possibly being "one of his." Probably a big story behind all of that...and I wonder how Jango fits in as well.

At first I thought Hondo was a strange person to talk about honor, after extorting innocent farmers for their crop. My second thought was that honor and and morality can be very different things some times, so it works. After all, who were more honorable than knights and samurai...and who loved extorting farmers more?

Poor Ponds...why not the nameless guy, or the Scottish dude?

Nice action this episode. Brief, but interesting.

Though a casual fan might be confused as to how Slave One got fixed up again. Actually, I am curious as to how it is repaired...maybe Hondo salvages it?

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Why is Bossk in this show? Why have him at all?

8. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I suspect that, with Boba Fett now in custody, the writers have given themselves the means through which they'll facilitate the inevitable 'jail-break episode', and hopefully Bossk's presence (or lack of) in these episodes will be justified with some badassery in that future one.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Ponds shouldn't have died. The should have killed the nameless clone naval officer instead.

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, I agree.

We obivously haven't seen the end of Bossk and Boba.

11. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Thoughts as I go...

Anakin and Mace discussing Boba Fett and if Mace should go after him... cool. (I also liked the Boba/Jango/clone/Kamino/Obi-wan discussion in R2 Come Home a lot.)
    Ponds's dead body floating through space... cool.
    Plo and Ahsoka team up... cool.
    New Jedi speeder... cool. (I also liked the new speeder bikes the bounty hunters used in part one).
    Flying down into the underworld... cool.

Underworld cool. But... they just leave air skiffs around unitended?
    Monkey fight.. cool.
    "dogs" on Florrum... cool.
    Hondo... why did it have to be.. wait... did they just kiss? Awesome, so that's why she came to Floruum! "Not mine I take it?" HAHA!
    Man they really like that song at Hondo's.

Aurra not letting Boba have a drink? Really? Go ahead and kill someone in cold blood but you can't have a drink??
    Shooting Castas was sweet.
    Ahsoka "Force listening" was cool, but a little convienent that that guy who knew exactly where Aurra was was in that bar. Still, I did like some of the conversation snippets we heard, especially the ones talking about the war. Speaking of which, the bartender looked cool looking.
    "Bad news boys... you're fried" line from Bossk was beyond cheesy.

Did Slave One get blown up?
    Not crazy about the Aurra death fake out.

So Boba and Bossk are arrested? Yet more people that have to get broken out of jail at some point? Is there any doubt about a prison break episode at some point now? LOL. Can't remember if Cad Bane is in jail or not?

Wonder what Obi-wan was up to? Is there an Obi-wan episode that could fit in here... some mission he was on?

I don't feel like that had an ending for some reason. "I don't forgive you!" "you'll just have to." Could have been a better line from Mace.

Overall strong, fast paced episode though. Nice to see Plo back.

12. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Hondo is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    OMG -- number 2 may be one of the biggest plots holes ever. How stupid!!

Also, MACE is such a d-word. I'm glad Anakin got him killed in ROTS. It would have been better if Sam Jackson hadn't played the character I think. And in TCW they have a chance to redeem him and TC Carson is just doing the same bit.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    This made me laugh completely: From the episode guide: "Notable: First series visit into the Coruscant underworld; season finale"
    Really, now? It should be: "Notable: First series visit into some random Coruscant tunnel; season finale"
    I guess those scenes in Lightsaber Lost and other episodes like Duchess of Mandalore weren't the underworld. [face_tired]

15. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Hmm.... guess they didn't bother with Aurra Sing's Jedi backstory this time around. To be honest, TCW will probably never acknowledge it; the Dark Horse comics seem to be the only sources that go along with the Jedi-heritage angle anyway.

16. Gundark31

Gundark31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2010
    I was disappointed by this episode, it was good but I felt that given it was meant to be the "Boba Fett Trilogy" he was very underutilized.

At different times it seemed like Artoo,Plo Koon or Ahsoka were the main characters of the Trilogy, I would have preferred if they had focused entirely on Boba since we've already seen so much of these characters in the rest of the series and movies.

I don't think they've really added anything to Boba's character because at the end of it we're right back where we started with Boba swearing to get revenge on Mace, these episodes might as well have not happened at all since they don't seem to have really affected anything.

A better idea might have been for Boba after seeing how corrupt and injust the galaxy is to give up on revenge and change his focus to being an amoral Bounty Hunter concerned only with profit, they should have done something like this to resolve the revenge plot.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  17. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I thought this was the best of the trilogy and that it really made up for the somewhat dissapointments of the other two episodes. I felt that Lucas Animation really found a balance point between what they wanted to happen in the episode, but I'm going to list some of my beefs, most of which are from the end of the episode:

Bossk being captured so easily - Come on! One of the reasons I was so excited for these episodes was that he was going to be showcased but he was a dissapointment. :(

Slave I crashing - sure the fiery explosion in the distance was a way to have the viewer assume Aurra died only to come back again in a later episode, but seriously: THE Slave I?

Boba's little "I realize I did bad things..." - They could have skipped that and just had him talk about Mace and Jango and revenge and stuff

Things I REALLY liked:

Corsucant - Once again Coruscant is improved vastly and blows the mind. The giant pit things were genius.

Night club - Fitted that cantina feel but a little more pompous, still I liked it.

Hondo - He's just a fun character

Plo Koon - Ditto

A sequence of Ahsoka learning. It's really nice in how it shows here developing and maturing in her force prowess and it shows it in depth.

There's probably more I could think of, but overall a very good episode

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The episode was great, and the ending was pretty unexpected. Never thought Boba and Bossk would get caught.

But what have they done to Slave I?! :oops:

19. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    The young Bobba Fett trilogy was annoying in the same way as the Death Watch trilogy, they tease us with the characters for three episodes in a row, and then refuse to truly give it to us. That is not good writing.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I thought this was pretty good til they crashed Slave I. EU sources do say that Boba had Slave I basically rebuilt - maybe this started the process?

21. idpullthecurtains

idpullthecurtains Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2010
    I loved the whole crashing Slave 1 scene. Very spectacular. Slave 1 looks VERY beat up in ESB. Plus cool plot device that Aurra got killed with it ;)

22. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, finally saw it. Overall, I did like it very much, though it wasn't quite as chord striking as some of the other season 2 episodes. Some of the critiques would be...
    -I thought it was a little sudden that Plo would bring a padawan out of the blue. Why not a Jedi Knight who's free at the moment?
    -Supporting characters aren't quite used smartly beyond a means to advance the plot. Bossk was simply the Bond-villain death trap that would have killed the hostages, and Castas was the convenient schlub whose whole purpose was to give away Aurra's position
    -This trilogy as a whole could have been so much more if they'd dedicated more time to making the episodes flow. If the second one had taken the time to develop Boba and his relationship with Aurra, we probably would have felt a lot more for Boba's situation
    -Four words: Missed Moment Of Awesome. That cantina confrontation had a lot of great atmosphere, and in a sense, it DID end in a logical Jedi-like way, but big sighs. Then again, it's admirable that they aren't just turning the Jedi into bang-bang-martial-arts-action-heroes for EVERY conflict they're in.

And things which I felt were really good...
    -Despite the very jarring change in mood for the second episode, this episode actually serves VERY well to wrap up Boba's immediate story arc as well as the season as a whole, being more poignant in its feeling and accomplishments
    -Yeah...settings are gorgeous, with a lot of atmosphere and tidbits that help make the galaxy seem more alive
    -The Twi'lek ladies stepping away from when Plo made me laugh. Maybe it's just because they wanted to go somewhere else, or maybe he looked menacing, but my thought was "Poor guy just can't score with the ladies" [face_laugh]
    -Monkey-lizard fighting...we've just found a new level on the epic scale. :p
    -The Slave 1 thing...well, I'm a little wary on the crew's relationship with Continuity, the EU, and the fans of those things, but it was still a very nice scene. In fact, the whole 'Jedi takes down a ship thing' actually made me think back to the scale of action in the old micro series, albeit handled in a more controlled manner
    -The Mexican (Corellian? Tatooinian? Nar Shaddaian? Help me out here!) standoff between Boba and Aurra against Plo and Ahsoka. Wow, that was just completely fast and visceral with one smooth move after another. Kudos to them for that whole scene, especially since Plo using the table can actually be considered an EU-reference to something his own master did. In the Stark Hyperspace Wars, his Wookiee master Tyvokka basically overturns a table for cover and force pushes it into a bunch of thugs. :p

While Castas and Bossk were sadly shoved aside, the rest of the cast was actually handled very well to me. So much so that I felt the need to point it out in a completely separate list of achievements. ;)
    -Surprisingly enough, Admiral Killian. He might not have known Boba's details, but I thought that him trying to gently talk the kid out of it was a nice showing of how he feels about his troops
    -Plo Koon and Ahsoka have a pretty good chemistry. Plo's somewhat strict, but like Anakin he gives her some encouragement too
    -Aurra was pretty bad, in the sense that she's marvelous as a manipulative, mature and highly dangerous character. Has quite a bit of history behind her to boot, but she's smart enough not to make messes of things
    -Some might argue that Boba shouldn't be vulnerable or conflicted. That he should be badass and ruthless and that he's supposed to be a majorly manly Mandalorian. Well, I say: He's a kid. This was a very good depiction of what someone like Boba would go through, IMHO: A kid with a lot of brains who felt the death of his father deeply.
    -Hondo was great as always, and I loved that he tried to give Boba some advice. He strikes me as the sort who'd have a soft spot for kids now. [face_laugh]

Overall: Some missteps, and continuity and the EU are basically going to suffer quite a lot, but I thought it was a good showing of the characters. The flow of the trilogy might hav

23. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, except the Padawan was Ahsoka, and while they were kept from being Master and Padawan to avoid attachment issues, since he's the one who found her and brought her to the temple in the first place, it doesn't mean that they don't have some kind of either friendship or mentor-type relationship going on.

I mean, Plo even has a cute little nickname for her that he uses as a term of endearment. The interesting thing is it's really a nickname appropriate to a youngling, and whenever anyone else is concerned Ahsoka's out to prove to the whole universe she's not a youngling any more and sometimes even gets upset at being called one ("Cloak of Darkness" comes to mind)...and yet Plo gets away with this term of affection. Ahsoka's got a tremendous amount of respect for him and I think it would be a good thing to see a couple of more episodes that have them doing something together.

In this case, Plo probably saw an opportunity to take Ahsoka out and get a better feel for how Anakin's been treating her and training her because he cares about her and her growth as a Jedi.

24. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Does anybody else think Boba is in the Republic version of juvie, instead of an all-purpose jail for Separatist war criminals? Or perhaps kept away from them, because he is a kid, after all.

25. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I don't know about juvie. Fett committed some very serious crimes. The Jedi may have asked The Courts to go lenient on him I suppose. The thought of Fett doing hard time at 12 makes him all the more badass when you think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.