main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 222: Lethal Trackdown Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm actually glad to see Slave 1 and Jango's helmet nearly destroyed. Why? Because it's the perfect compromise for those who wanted the armor and ship to be directly related to the PT and OT, and those who wanted no connection between the PT and OT Boba. This way, it's a bit of both.

Take note: while Boba may be in lockup, Hondo clearly stated that he wanted to salvage the ship in which the helmet is still located (albeit in many pieces). Also, Slave 1 was conveniently destroyed off screen on the same planet that Hondo resides. For all we know, a wing and maybe just half of the ship was wrecked.

Perhaps in season 3 we will learn that Hondo, being the friend that he was to Jango, salvages and repairs both the ship and helmet and gives them to Boba as a "just out of prison" present. Of course, Hondo being Hondo would probably want a bit of work done on Boba's part in return.

2. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    So how are Boba and BOSSK gonna escape...2 WORDS,1 MAN...CAD BANE.

3. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I could see Cad Bane teaching Boba the lesson that he needs to be his own man, and that Aura was (for lack of a better word) professionally ******* Boba over.

And was I the only one waiting for Aura to make some sort of mention to Anakin being the same kid she saw win the Boonta Eve podrace? I'm not one to wish for characters to reference the films every second, but it's too big a connection for her not to make some mention of. There's always season 3 (or a junior novel :rolleyes:)

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    =D=
    VERY nice explanation, and I'm really agreeing with it. It's a good way to read between the lines of the particular points that he's bringing up with Ahsoka, that while he's there to gauge how much more Jedi-like she's become as a member of the order, he's also there to see how much she's grown as her friend/uncle/finder.

I was quite impressed with Plo Koon in this episode (I know, I know, big surprise, but hear me out :p), being reserved, wise and awesome, though I'm really hoping we see more of his warm side in the future, not just with his clones but with the other people he works with as well. It might be regular Jedi-training, but it was a nice contrast that while Ahsoka was doing the dynamic chasing and tracking, Plo Koon was calmly working to get information through negotiation. With all the swashbuckling we're used to seeing, could his attempts at negotiation be more along the lines of what a traditional Jedi would do?

Oh, and he has some great lines, and the ones that stuck out for me were:"We're never too busy for the citizens of the Republic." and "We ARE justice." Those were awesome, Star Wars-y (y'know, in the somewhat campy-but-lovable style), and in-character all at once. Calm yet focused. :D

5. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I went back this morning and watched it again, and what really jumped out at me was when Plo criticized Ahsoka's lack of subtlety. Here's a girl who's be trying to emulate her Master in every way for the last two seasons and then Plo basically says he doesn't approve of that particular aspect. The tone of her voice when she apologizes speaks tremendous volumes about how she regards Plo Koon. She sounds utterly humbled and perhaps even hurt that she might have disappointed him.

There are times when Jedi do need to do the action and the swashbuckling and the whole fight your way out of a situation, but you're right, Plo was an excellent contrast here, and even reminded me a little bit of Tera Sinube's methods of investigation back in Lightsaber Lost.

6. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I remembered one more thing that bothered me, and it was about Hondo Ohnaka.

His character is hecka confusing. Back in Bounty Hunters he's basically massacreing (sp?) a peaceful village of farmers and now he's helping save Republic hostages because it's the "honorable" thing to do? What? Was attempting to kill off an entire village honorable in his mind?

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    So Boba's in juvenile hall? I was suprised he was captured. Slave 1 destroyed??
    and why does Boba have brown hair? Daniel logan, nice they got him, but he doesn't sound the same as he did in ATOC at all.

8. Sithlord715

Sithlord715 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    Wow....this episode was absolutely awful. Truly, it was. I don't even understand what they're doing with the show anymore. A big part of me wants to never watch this pathetic excuse for a SW show ever again...but I know I will

Gah, I'm so mad, I can't even put it to words. Thank Filoni and crew for ruining Boba Fett, Bossk, and Aurra Sing for me (I mean, if a child can beat her, then what good is she, right?). Also, thank you for absolutely annihilating canon

F this show

9. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    WORD. The Hondo/Aurra relationship was freaking hilarious, I just about died at the obvious innuendo.

I also really enjoyed the underworld bar scene (funny conversations, loved the feel of the place), I felt that it worked well for them to find out that way because they'd been to FIVE bars beforehand. So the extreme luck Ahsoka had at overhearing that convo wasn't totally ridiculous. Just mostly :p

Aurra was such a BA. Her smacking the hostages around, throwing Boba against a wall, making out with Hondo, shooting a bunch of people point blank. I like Jaime King as Aurra, though I do seem to notice that she slurs her lines occasionally/doesn't always enunciate. Anyway else notice that? I notice the same thing with Daniel Logan, only he's a first time voice actor so it makes more sense for that to be true. Jaime King's been doing it for awhile, and I've never noticed that with her other characters.

Monkey Lizard fight!

I loved this episode--everything except the end, which I felt was awkwardly rushed. Obviously there's a time constraint, but did they have to have the awkward encounter with Mace where he just says ONE THING to Boba? I'm giving Windu the benefit of the doubt here and saying that it's the shortness of the episode and not his personality that makes him as a** at that moment.

Also, why was it called 'Lethal' Trackdown? Who died? Aurra? Ponds? Or was the name just a tease...(I mean, I though Aurra was going to take off with Ahskoa on the wing, so...)?

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hm.

Boba looks like Jacen Solo in this :D

Aurra has a boyfriend.

Ahsoka pokes around and finds Nautolan wth a visor.

I like that chorus song played when Boba has a moment of emotional intensity. I just wish this show had less of a "Saturday Morning Kids' Show" feel when dealing with villains.

11. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

This was the most adult themed episode we've seen yet.

What I liked:

- the Coruscant Underworld
    - Ahsoka hearing everyone's thoughts
    - the revamped Florum
    - all things Plo Koon!

What I didn't like:
    - Ponds' death. They could have accomplished the same goal by killing the navigator clone.
    - the Speeder bike chase. For some reason it just doesn't project speed very well.
    - Bossk did nothing. NOTHING. Not just here, but in the whole Boba trilogy. He just stood around and flew the ship (barely). A nameless droid could have been as lameass.

One more thing:

I get Hondo's little joke: "Not mine, I assume?". I liked, I laughed at it. But then I started thinking:

How do a near-human and a Weequay produce a human? It's either mind-boggling, or the mother of all ret-cons

12. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Seriously, get over it.

13. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Well, that's where you fail, if you can't explain it why should we listen to you?

14. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    I think the real question we should be asking is, "If a Aurra Sing and Hondo Onaka produced a child, why would it look EVEN REMOTELY like Boba Fett?"

Hondo clearly has a limited understanding of biology. [face_laugh]

15. Sarli_brint

Sarli_brint Jedi Knight

Dec 2, 2008
    Why watch it if you really hate it so much. Seriously, life's too short to waste time.

I really enjoyed this episode,and I thought it had a much better seasonal finale sort of feel to it then last years final ep did.

I was mildly annoyed by Ahsokah saving the day, but since I expected as much the minute she came in to the episode, it wasn't much of a surprise. And, to be fair, we havne't been beaten over the head this year with that sort of thing the way we were last year.

I do like seeing her with a mature Jedi Master that actually instructs her rather than just letting her go her own way. More Plo, please!!!

Aurra comes off as being very rutal and totally manipulative, not to mention a child abuser, which is great for her character. I mean, she was so obvioysly just using Boba for his ship and possible other inherited resources, right?

this will probably get me in trouble with hardcore Boba fans, but I also liked how they have handled Boba so far in this show. The R2 ep right in the middle of this arc was a bad idea, and we didn't get to see enough of Boba, IMO, but in the time constraints allotted I think they have done about as well as they can do.

I know that some fans have complained that Boba isn't bad enough, but I think they have portrayed him very realistically as he is now, which is stil a young kid, bent on revenge and a little impressionable, but growing all the time. I can see the complaints from the opposite camp if they'd made him out to be this totally capable,mature and street smart character way above his age, too. So, you can't please everyone, I suppose.

I think they should put Cad Bane and Boba together for a while.

All in all, I think this season is an improvement over the last one, and am eagerly awaiting next year.

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Everyone has different opinions, Game3525. Not all can agree that this episode is good.

17. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    OR, we don't know Star Wars as well as we think we do :D

18. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Hondo Ohnaka only decided to attack the village after instead of paying up, the village let one of his men die. It would have been more honorable for the village to simply abide to the original agreement they made with Ohnaka, am I right? [face_peace]

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I don't think it's that but he's probably tired(like I am) complaining about "canon." THIS SHOW OVERRULES ANYTHING BESIDES THE MOVIES. People need to get used to it and stop complaining about it.

20. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    It is not about the episode, it is the constant complaining about canon. It is kinda of tiring, I mean if you enjoy the stories in the EU does it really matter what level of Canon it is?

21. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008

Exactly, this is what I'm talking about... all these character contradictions. The writers really need to write to serve the characters, rather than have the characters serve the plot... so it's not like we need Hondo to be dishonorable this week, but next we need him to be honorable. Of course, Hondo is a pirate so obviously his perceptions of honor are a bit skewed to fit his needs.

22. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    That is the point.

23. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    Genuinely disappointed by this episode. Really sub par when compared to last year's season finale. Aurra Sing was the star but in the end Ahsoka and her plot powers saved the day. (I mean cutting off slave ships wing in one swing, really?) I was expecting an action packed episode and really it didn't deliver. The imagery in the coruscant bar was great but Plo Koon ruined it all. I don't want to see reserved and peaceful resolution I wanted to see blaster fire and chaos.

Also this arc really ruined Boba Fett's character. They turned him into the mysterious awesome killer of EP. 5 and 6 and even ruined the sympathetic, and tragic stoic little kid from Ep.2. It seems totally improbable that a sniveling little kid who fires one shot in the entire episode and cries after he gets left behind grows up to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. Also peeved that Bossk a pro bounty hunter in his own right did nothing this entire arc aside from speak basic and get owned by an elderly scottish guy.

The ending also was stupid. Bossk and Boba both getting captured? How is that feasible or plausible at all considering we know they both escape somehow by the time of ESB. I mean it is great that they are setting up a big jailbreak series of episodes but they shouldn't risk ruining characters images at the cost of it. Turning cold blooded pro killers into bumbling dolts just so you can make the good guys win in the end was the one thing I was hoping wouldn't happen. The entire arc seemed like it was pandering to the kiddy crowd to make Boba easy to relate to. The arc basically fleshed out ep.2 Boba but all we got to see was ep 2 boba. We saw no glimpses of what he would become and it ruined what was otherwise a great season.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  24. Sarli_brint

Sarli_brint Jedi Knight

Dec 2, 2008
    I haven't been a kid for longer than I want to admit, and here is where I have an opposite point of view. I think this ep added to Boba's character,making it more complex, rather than ruining it altogether. He may be Boba Fett, but for now, he is still just a kid, a very skilled kid no doubt, but stil just a kid.

So, I think we can cut him some slack, and give him room to grow. I think people would be speaking out just as equally if they had gone the other direction with Boba and turned him in to a 13 year old Rambo type character.

I'm not sure about these supposed upcoming jail break episodes, but hopefully we'll get to see more of Boba, and see how they take things from there.

25. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    It would be kinda of cool if they save the "jailbreak" episode till the live action series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.