main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 302: ARC Troopers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    My thoughts exactly. This thread went way offtopic straight into Sadland.

2. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    All you have to do is....say something intelligent. If you have any particular observations or ideas about the episode and they strike a chord, then people will respond to them.

I said a bunch of other stuff, but nobody responded. In fact, the first three pages of this thread was pretty much nothing besides declarative statements and random opinions. There were no dialogues at all, it was all monologues. Personally, I don't think that actual conversations are a bad thing.

3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I was refering to you, actually. I don't know how else to describe your, "shocked and appalled," behavior.

Also, lol strawmen. :rolleyes:

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Back on Topic..

Yeah, I think they need to stop attacking Kamino. This is the third attempt during the clone wars yet they are beat every time...

5. Avii

Avii Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2010
    At first you don't succeed. Try, try again.

6. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Here's the link; it comes about 1:48 into the video: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/starwars/index.html

It's very brief, here's a screencap:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/DBrennan3333/NoMoreInnuendo.png]

I think it's cool because this just kinda cuts the crap. Instead of the pathetically transparent innuendo, they just basically say, This character is here to be freaky-sexy, ya know? With all the double entendres and all that crap, TCW was kinda like the idiot who thinks he's clever by making pathetically obvious double entendres out of any use of the word "stiff", "wet", "hard", "hot", etc.

Thanks, Fistofan. I'd been wondering what everybody was mentioning.

7. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    You quoted somebody as saying "shocked and appalled". Nobody said that. So, um, who, exactly, were you quoting there, chief? (And I didn't know I was hitting a soft spot with the mention of Viagara users. Sorry about that.)

Anyway, your limp attempt at an insult of me extends to Cameron without doubt because of his unequivocal stance on the issue. (See: The T2 Extreme DVD.)

8. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    You're the one with the attitude that anything that doesn't conform to your moral sensibilites is automatically bad and shouldn't be seen by children (which, BTW, I don't think to many really little kids would stay up to watch Clone Wars). That = shocked and appalled by standards of, y'know, actual people. Of course you didn't actually use that phrase, but your utterly butthurt attitude reeks of soccor mom, "won't somebody PLEASE think of the children," nonsense.

Also, I'm just loling at how you have to result to petty insults in place of making actual points or backing up your stance with objective facts instead of, "LOL JAMES CAMORON DIDN'T DO IT!" This is pretty much all I see when you post. If you could actually explain how kids seeing fictional clone kids shooting fictional blasters at fictional battle droids is somehow harmful to them, I'll listen. So, knock off the childish, "NO U," responses. It's sullying whatever, "point," you are trying to make.

EDIT: As for the episode itself. I liked it, but I'll have to watch both of them again before I can decide if their my favorite or not. I'd love to watch Cadets, Rookies, and Arc Troopers in one sitting someday.

9. DBrennan3333

Nov 5, 2004
    Okay, so first you quoted me (literally quoted) as saying something that I never said at all, and so your fraud got caught.

So you flopped miserably at that (meaning: you got caught) and now you're similarly flopping in your attempts to mock my argument. My basic thought is that glorifying the episode's glorification of killing children on a cartoon for kids was classless and irresponsible. I know that you love boys with guns and so you can't digest that thought, but that's the point that I was making. You and your boys-with-guns-loving brethren were the ones talking about "censorship" and all that. I never said or even hinted at anything like that at all.

(And you also said that you don't think that kids watch TCW. Ummm....have you see the commercials during the show? It's exclusively targeted at kids. They tried putting it on the adult TNT network and it lasted about two minutes before they pulled it.)

10. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    Child soldiers exist in the real world. They have been used many times in history and at present are being used in Africa, by petty tyrants with no regard for human life or anything else except increasing their own power. That description fit any supreme chancellors you know?

Everything about the clone wars is horrible the second you start to think about it, from the fact Palpatine created it to increase his own power to the slave army to the Jedi's lack of action on either of those. This is completely in keeping with that theme.

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The only arc of this episode that I enjoyed was the carry over story with Echo, Fives and 99.

Everything else was just horrible in everyway. This episode was as bad as Clone Cadet's was good. Greivous and Asajj failing............Jedi(and Sithling) tossing being around with the Force at will........................I mean really? Asajj Venress Force pushed like 20 Clone Troopers at Once?:rolleyes:

If it didn't have the carry over story from the previous episode I'd be ranking this as the worst Clone Wars Episode ever. As it stands its still terrible.

12. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I never claimed I was directly quoting you and you know it. My using quotations was merely to reflect how your, "arguments," are akin to a soccer mom's. That's all. Nice try though.

I can fully understand why someone would take issue with seeing kids with guns. You're the one who failed to adequately explain yourself beyond Cameron in T2 and using strawmen. The fact that you compare children defending themselves against MACHINES in a life or death situation to Anakin and Padme getting it on in a hardcore sex scene says more about you than it does me. I'm not the one who find's Asohka sexy after all.

Note, I didn't say that no kids watch Clone Wars. Stop reinterpreting my posts for your benefit. That's anti-intellectual. All I meant was that LITTLE kids wouldn't be as likely to see Clone Wars at 9 PM. (Like 5-6 year olds or under)

13. ratssraw

ratssraw Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    A question: If the DNA was "deteriorating" could they not get a fresh sample of Boba Fett's DNA? They have him in prison and he is an unaltered clone of Jango. Perhaps he is unwilling to submit to having DNA taken. Any thought?

14. ratssraw

ratssraw Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2009
    The younger clone cadets are based on Daniel Logan. He is a New Zealand Maori. I think the animators did a great job in making the young clones look like Daniel. I don's see the Nordic influence. Some of the hair styles are different and change his appearance a bit.

15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Haha I don't think Republic consent laws would stop Sidious. It's been said that the reason they didn't replace all the stormtrooper voices with Temura Morrison is because by the time of the OT they were using other people for clones, but I secretly like to think the reason stormtroopers are such bad shots is the deteriorating DNA :) In a New Hope when Obi Wan says only stormtroopers could be that accurate it's because he only remembers how good the original Jango clones were.

16. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Is there any instance in the Star Wars universe of a clone being made out of another clone? My assumption was that they just couldn't do it--they'd all come out looking like 99.

Also--DBrennan, even though I don't always agree with you, I love the passion and excitement you bring to this forum. This whole discussion has been very entertaining for me.

17. Sithlord715

Sithlord715 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    DBrennan3333: Up-tight fool and Bronze League confirmed

Seriously guys, stop feeding the troll

As for these episodes, all I can say is that they were quite fantastic. Wish that they would have included the Ventress "kiss" scene, but hey, it's something to look forward to on the Blu Ray

Pros:
    -Visually stunning. The animation seems far more fluid, and the visual quality is truly superb. Wouldn't be surprised if the Season 4 episodes looked as if they were straight out of the movies
    -Shaak Tii was very well rendered, and seeing her in this show was satisfying
    -Seeing Lama Su was cool, as was the conversation between him and Tii
    -Ventress actually behaved like herself, being a dark and seductive assassin. Her comment to Grievous (and hell, that whole scene) was fantastic
    -Grievous bashing Obi Wan's face was great. Also, the look on Obi Wan's face during the final moments of their confrontation was that of panic, as if he knew that he might be outmatched
    -Space battle was epic, though short
    -The continuation of Fives and Echo's story was great
    -99 was handled very well, and his whole story was very touching
    -Isn't it interesting how great this show is when Ahsoka is no where to be found? Seriously, imagine if this show never even introduced her? I like to imagine that in every episode she doesn't make an appearance, she's off on some remote planet, being constantly tortured by Sidious

Cons:
    -Would have been nice to see Alpha
    -Though the Bounty Hunters were cool, I'd have liked to see some Mandalorian trainers. Hell, a mention of them would have been cool
    -Another Separatist loss =/

I just pray that this kind of quality remains throughout the entire season. Hell, I don't even mind EU retcons if the show remains this good. As for next week's episode though.....*shudder*

18. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Too true. Honestly, I try not to be a "hater"...but Ahsoka brings the show down, plain and simple. My favorite episodes generally tend to be the ones she is absent from. As much as the producers talk about making her more mature and less bratty and blah blah blah, I still find myself kind of cringing when she is featured heavily.

She is basically like Robin to Anakin's Batman. It's just so much harder to take things seriously when she is around.

One more note: I thought the music when 99 bought it was really good. I think someone else here was hating on it...I think Kevin Kiner's doing pretty well lately, I don't understand why people are still so viciously against him.

19. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    It would have been cool if Ventress actually made it out with the DNA then one of the jedi could have said "this is a dangerous development, we will have to speed up the search for a new clone model" which could be an amazing arc of episodes with them searching for a new badass to clone :) I have a feeling though we will see the repercussions from Ventress failure in this episode in the future judging by the season 3 trailer.

20. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I'm usually impassive to the score, with some notable exceptions (i.e. any time John Williams' music kicks in) but even I noticed something poignant about the music playing during and immediately after 99's death. Having only watched the episode once, am I right in remembering that the rest of the audio (blaster sounds, etc) faded out and the music became the focus for a few seconds?

21. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I had a couple gripes with this episode, but the one that sticks out to me was Obi-Wan under the water. In TPM he knew Breath Control and he just forgot it after that? It bothered me a little that they didn't have him use it. Also in TPM and ROTS he carries around that little oxygen converter mouth piece, but he suddenly doesn't have it? I don't understand that.

22. Rexter-fangirl

Rexter-fangirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2010
    Are you kidding? Man that was not as bad as I was imagining..

Poor Colt. :p

23. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I very much enjoyed the first episode and this one was even better. Invading Kamino always seems to lead to good stories, whether in the original Republic comic or hear. Nice to see the return of Ventress, who is always an intriguing character. Her sexual innuendo with Grievous was amusing...this is the second time you've seen this pop up on the show. Poor Clone 99.

24. FDC1

FDC1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    I agree, I think the young guys are a very good representation of Daniel Logan. And the fact they have Daniel voicing them makes them even better!

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A friend of my had an amusing comment while we were talking about TCW:

"The 2 episode Season 3 premiere was a prequel and a sequel to an episode from the first season- so they effectively turned a standalone into a trilogy."

"And, of course, turning a standalone into a trilogy is unheard for Star Wars."

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.