The Clone Wars: Episode 303: Supply Lines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    First, use dots and commas. Second, they did do that in the first place.
  2. Plyison Jedi Knight

ohh well sorry governor, he just sounded different to me that is all.
  3. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it's up on the main site, and there's no echo in the audio. So I guess it was a problme with CN or the cable companies.
  4. Plyison Jedi Knight

finally someone who understands jk but seriously i thought the same thing
  5. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    That echo was a bit annoying. It made the dialogue a bit hard to understand at times. It was almost as if there were two TV's in the room or something.
  6. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    I must of been the only one who didn't have any echo. My HD feed from CN was great.
  7. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Echo? Did you guys watch it in HD? When I have watched CW vids on YouTube that were HD they definitely had an echo to them. But I watched this on the OS, so I didn't hear one.

This episode was surprisingly good, I was expecting Jar Jar's usual bumbling antics and was pleasantly surprised during the whole plate juggling sequence, not to mention how funny it was at watching the reactions of all the dignitaries present as he scooped up their plate and cups:p . Heck, even Dod's aide was impressed! And I liked Obi-Wan's tone of voice when he explained to Organa why he had to go to Toydaria.

Ryloth...great battle scenes and I actually liked Di's character(shame they killed him off, but we knew it was coming:p ) And the last stand was well done, towards the end he knew he wasn't going to survive and you could see that on his face. What struck me was the little detail of him petting Syndulla's mount as he spoke with him; just a little subtle detail that added a bit more to his character, IMO. As for Syndulla, I thought he was a little harsh with the Jedi, but I guess if your people are starving and you were promised aid and it hasn't arrived for quite some time I'd be a little upset too.

Well, the Toydarian chamber sequences did seem a bit tedious but I thought everyone stayed in character, especially Dod. But what confused me was Orn Free Taa...he lamented about the plight of his people yet in the Ryloth trilogy he was at odds with Syndulla and his freedom fighters. He had to have known that Syndulla was fighting for Ryloth but in the trilogy they had to negoiate with each other for Ryloth's future...I don't know, maybe I missed something but perhaps something happens later on that puts them at odds with each other?

So far season 3 has lived up to my expectations(which aren't that high to begin with so it isn't saying much:p ) and I hope it continues with this level of visual quality and character development.
  8. Plyison Jedi Knight

yay but it did make it sound cool at times
  9. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This episode gets a C.

Liked the attempt to explain how the Separatists are still part of the Senate/Republic. Liked the new Clone Commander a lot.

Strongly disliked Toydaria... pretty lame looking planet and not very specific to the Toydarian evolutin and culture other than some floating tables and chairs.

Are all the Clones just starting to seem similar to anyone else.

Jar Jar Binks. Enough. You have done all you can with him, TCW. His antics at the end...err, I mean distraction, was stupid, unfunny and pointless. I also felt that this prequel to Ambush simply made Ambush confusing because at the end of this episode it is pretty clear the Toydarian king is pro-Republic, but then when you get to Ambush he seems to be neutral again.

Also, Drew Greenberg is listed as a supervising writer here. And also on the upcoming Baron Popanoida episode. Sorry, guys, I think I'm checking out of this show until an episode comes out that appeals to me a bit more strongly. These mediocre fill-in-the-blanks episodes are just too boring for my tastes. I'll give this weeks episode a shot, but if George Lucas' character ends up firing first (while Han still doesn't) that's the final nail in the coffin for a while for me.
  10. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'll let you know when Greenburg's not involved. ;)
  11. WedgeWalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Regarding why Bail didn't just have them refuel the ships headed to Ryloth...there's something that's being overlooked here. It's something called integrity. The Jedi knew that the right thing to do was to get permission from Toydaria. Organa knew it too. So, even though it's possible he could have just said very little to the folks on the platform and had the ships refueled, that wouldn't be the honorable thing to do. As the fortune cookie said in "The Zillo Beast," "Do what is right, not what is easy."

Not me. I'll grant that Di's clone commander didn't do much to distinguish himself. But still. And besides....last week.

I found it funny, as did my friend Josh. And it most definitely had a point. He was the distraction.
    For what it's worth, I enjoy Jar Jar in this show. I don't want him in every episode. But it's nice to see him, and to see him growing.

Of course, I've never understood the rabbid Jar Jar hate.

Then you missed things. No offense, but you did. Note the last scene. What the events of this episode do is make the king realize that the Republic seems to be trying to do the right thing. He sees they are compassionate, a trait he shares. But while the compassion is making him think about joining, or at least aiding, the Republic, things aren't that simple. As king, he must also be concerned for Toydaria. And while the Republic is on the 'right' side, that doesn't mean they have the strength to win, or even keep Toydaria safe. Thus, he's willing to meet with Yoda. But he's going to need to be convinced that the Republic will be able to keep Toydaria safe. That moves us to Ambush, where Yoda comes to the meeting. Ventriss and Dooku crash the meeting, and then the meeting turns into a contest to see who can better keep Toydaria safe.

In actuality, it makes perfect sense

Well then at least you won't be making yourself angry by watching this show. No offense. Just saying.

Now, I'm not necessarily standing up for Greenburg. He wrote Senate Murders, which I think was the weakest episode so far. But then again, he also wrote Hidden Enemy, Lightsaber Lost, Duchess of Mandalore, and Lethal Trackdown. All episodes I really enjoyed.

Thanks Rexter-fangirl! Josh and I really appreciate it. We started recording our episode about Supply Lines Sunday night. But Josh wasn't feeling it, so we're going to pick it up and finish perhaps this weekend.
  12. WedgeWalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Also, did some of y'all really think so low of Matt Wood and David Acord that they would mix the sound with that weird echo some of y'all heard? That they would let that be the final mix? I'm sorry folks, but a little benefit of the doubt for people who helped mix the prequels (which undeniably have great sound design and mixing) isn't just a good idea, it only makes sense.
  13. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    This episode just didn't cut it for me. It made no sense, was spoiled by Dave, and contradicts Ambush. And I didn't even mind Jar Jar! Blehhhhh I-)

It's weird though, how can such a clumsy character suddenly be so amazingly acrobatic. :p

14. WedgeWalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Where's the contradiction? Several folks have said that now, but I just don't see it.
  15. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Yeah, there were some scenes that sounded pretty cool.
  16. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    I don't see the Ambush contradiction either, but I agree with your other points, Humble_Jedi.

Actually, the one area that I feared about this episode and where it surprised me positively is the contradictions with Ambush and the Ryloth Trilogy. I thought Katuunko aiding the Republic and Cham fighting alongside them would contradict everything. But it turns out the episode was quite carefully done in this particular respect to avoid such a thing. Sure, Cham does come out as a bit of a douche, but that's understandable given his position.
  17. JediBendu Force Ghost

star 3
    Um, yes. Because they're... clones. They're pretty much gonna be the same - the exceptions are, well, exceptions!
  18. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Could you explain?
  19. Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Force Ghost

star 3
    My major criticism in this episode is Yoda, I rather enjoyed it otherwise. I wish he'd stop stating the obvious, in Ambush he was excellent.
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Far from contradicting Ambush (which I was worried about going into this episode), I thought it set up Ambush beautifully and worked great. I'd have more of an issue with how it sets up the last Ryloth episode from season 1 (forgetting what the exact title was off the top of my head), because IIRC, Cham Syndulla was complaining about how the Republic never sent aid, when this episode shows they did, if a bit late. However, I may be remembering it slightly off, so when I rewatch that episode (which should be tomorrow) I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

For the most part, Jar Jar wasn't too bad in this episode... until the dinner scene, at least. Seriously, a character as blatantly and frequently clumsy as Jar Jar manages to just toss plates and cups around and get them to balance that perfectly? It would be hard enough to see if he's carefully setting each one in place, because the expectation even then would be for him to knock it all over... but tossing them like that? That didn't strain the bonds of credulity, it smashed them.

That said, it was good to see Bail Organa, and I liked having him there, and the scene where he's told Jar Jar would be joining him was amusing.

I liked Jedi Master Di and that the show showed a Jedi dieing (plenty of them are supposed to die in the Clone Wars, after all, even before Order 66)... but do they have to make it so blatant that he's going to die? At the very least, Filoni shouldn't have been quite so blatant in his comments before the episode (sure, say that afterwards, but not before!). Even better, pronounce the name differently. When I first saw the name in print (before hearing it), I thought it was pronounced like the letter D, and I think it would have been better that way. Or change his name entirely! I don't have a problem with names having significance like that (its pretty common both in SW and elsewhere), but it was a bit overdone here.

Still, even with my gripes, I still enjoyed the episode :)
  21. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    "Trapped on Ryloth, Master Di and his men are."

Oh man, that was so Ric Olié. :)
  22. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    It's almost parody-like. First they discuss the crisis with Dao (who keeps saying how bad the situation is and they can't help those on Ryloth), then, when the transmission ends with fleet destruction, Obi-Wan and Mace look at each other, decide that the situation is surely very bad, and then turn to hear what Grand Master Yoda has to say.
    Yoda: Trapped on Ryloth, Master Di and his men are.
    [Obi-Wan: Sigh. What about if I speak to senator Organa? He is near Toydaria, from where they could send aid.
    Mace: Good idea.
    Yoda: Talk to someone near Ryloth we must. Representive Binks, good choice is.]
  23. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    After doing a great job with Yoda in Ambush, bringing him to near-ESB levels of greatness, he's been absolutely wasted ever since.
  24. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, they need to do more Ambush-like (as in Yoda based) episodes where we really get to see Yoda.

On the other hand, Yoda's supposed to spend most of the war on Coruscant working with Palpatine and coordinating everything.
  25. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Sometimes, when I read Ima-Gun's name, in my head it sounds "Master Dee", which would be A LOT better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.