main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 303: Supply Lines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Indeed, which is why I doubt we'll be seeing much with him outside of consultations and lessons from the temple.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm sure they could at least manage one more Yoda-in-the-field episode. But that's really a discussion for elsewhere.

3. Plyison

Plyison Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2010
    I know right!

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Imagine if they just had an episode with Yoda and Echo [face_laugh]

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah... 'I'm a Ghandi' [face_laugh]

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Still a lot better than "I'm-a gonn' die" :p

7. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I wonder if he has a brother who went to the dark side? Yousa-Gun Di

8. JoeBiWanKenobi

JoeBiWanKenobi Jedi Master

Apr 25, 2008
    Regarding the TF, and the were-they-or-weren't-they a part of the CIS. I may be a little late to the party, and this may have already been brought up, but I was re-watching Episode II last night and Gunray said that the "payment" for the TF to formally join the CIS was the assassination of Padme. They were already providing material support prior to this, evidenced by Dooku's line to Wat Tambor along the lines of when the Techno Union's droids are combined with the TF's battle droids, the CIS will have a big ass army. Obviously Padme was never killed so I don't see a contradiction in the episode... It was surprising to find out, for sure, but nothing outright contradictory, I don't think...

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    [face_laugh]

There are too many similar pun-based names to even think about listing

10. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    Good Episode , I really didn't expect master di to die , he was a great character ..

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Really? o_O

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I didn't think he was that great actually. He seemed rather bland to me.

Anyway. I'm not going to elaborate on my previous points because everything I would say has already been brought up and discussed at length.

All I want to say is: if they're going to kill off a Jedi, CAN THEY GIVE THE KILL TO GRIEVOUS ALREADY? I mean seriously.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I watched Liberty of Ryloth again tonight (getting a friend who's missed most of the episodes so far caught up... he's now seen most of Season 1) and was paying particular attention to Syndulla's issues with the Republic. Which honestly sounded much more like the Republic had never been there in the first place, didn't send help, and were likely to stay after repelling the Separatists and be just as bad. But even that seemed more logical with Supply Lines than something else that really caught my attention this time: Palpatine (and Orn Free Taa) having a major hesitation to allowing Republic troops to work with Syndulla, something that seemed inexplicable when we now know Syndulla was working with the Republic troops and Master Di. Did the Republic not know that Di was working with Syndulla? Because that's the only plausible explanation I can come up with.

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Maybe it wasn't so much what sort of character he was (likable, sure, but we've already seen a dutiful Jedi who never gives up in the face of death...his name is Plo Koon :p) but how his death played out. I dunno, I just thought it was a good scene from start to finish.

Grievous...Well, Grievous wasn't anywhere in the Ryloth trilogy, so why would they feature him here? Unless we'd like to say that he took out the initial forces and ran off for no reason (kk gaiz, we downed the raid boss, im goin home)...or he conquered the planet then turned tail and ran when he heard Mace Windu was coming for him (@#$% no way I'm fighting Mace mutha-kriffin' Windu! You're on your own!)...:p

I'd like the General to get good kills in as well, to be sure, but for now I'll be content with what Master Di's death was able to achieve. It finally showed a redshirt Jedi falling to numbers, and it helped show that battle droids can be deadly. I understand where you're coming from, though; we've already seen that the battledroids CAN be deadly, at least to clones. Ganking a Jedi is just the cherry on the cake to some, rather than another major step forward.
    ...Besides, we've still got two more non-movie Jedi in the trailer (Levloa and a Nautolan), and hopefully they aren't part of a newsreel. [face_laugh]

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I still think Melching, the Ambush writer, had Ambush and Supply Lines as a two-parter. Filoni and Gilroy might have taken his ideas for Cham Syndulla and Ryloth and did the S1 trilogy...why they didn't think they had to amend Supply Lines a bit to account for what happens in Liberty, I don't know.

It's little things like this that sometimes irritate me with TCW, because it doesn't really seem like a budgetary decision or anything - simply sloppiness. And yet, they have continuity people, they watch these things over and over again.

Or is it because once the voice actors have done their lines, it's hard to go back to do revisions?

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Filoni himself was talking about the importance of trying to stick with continuity while at CV. Doesn't always work that way, though.

17. Hark_Mamill

Hark_Mamill Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2010
    Worst episode ever.

May Jar Jar sprout boils and spontaneously combust.

I can deal with minor and even some major continuity problems. In fact I am impressed by how in depth the conversations can be on this forum about the tiniest detail. My disappointment rests not with continuity but with believability.

My disappointments:

1. Jar Jar is in no way a believable character. Who in their right mind would trust him with galactic diplomacy? He speaks like a child and, until this episode, has enough trouble with just walking.

2. The only TF reps on the entire planet that could possibly witness supplies being whisked away were the two at dinner? And even they didn't see the giant ships outside the window? Why did they put up with the juggling moron spilling food and dancing on the table? I have more of a problem with the TF guys' reaction than to Jar Jar suddenly having jedi reflexes.

3. Organa not disclosing the existence of a Separatist blockade when asking for aid is also ridiculous. Was he trying to pull one over on them? Did he forget?

4. Di's death could not have been more lame. Thank god the droids actually killed someone but couldn't he have been a little more difficult to kill? Quick, someone research and find out how many droids it took to kill Di and I guarantee you it will be less than 10% of the number of droids I have seen mowed down by other jedi. Maybe Di sucked?

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The same person who named him Representative.

I don't find anything wrong with that. Maybe it's just me...

Was that important? His plea had nothing to do with the war. It was about the twi'leks.

Or maybe the other Jedi you saw were overpowered. To someone that says Di's death was lame or that he sucked because he was killed by droids, I only have one thing to give you:

:oops:

19. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Normally I don't care about posts like yours, but I really felt the need to comment on your last point. Lame? Really? Lame? It's probably the last word I think of when I watch that scene. Surely, Di is not master Yoda, but Di was injured on his arm, surrounded from all sides by 50 battle droids and 2 tanks. His goal wasn't to win, to escape, or to live. His goal was to protect the Twi'lek people, which is, after all, the role of a Jedi.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Unfortunately, Yoda is mostly used to say expository dialogue in this series to justify him being in a scene. That's, IMO, a waste of one of the wisest Jedi in the universe.

They should only let him speak when he has something really philosophical, smart or important to say.
    That would make what he says that much more powerful. Like his prep speech to his Clone Squad in the cave seen in "Ambush".

21. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    Here's the thing, given what we now know about the show, a criticism such as this, while still significant, doesn't have nearly as much force as it otherwise might. Why? Because we know the show jumps around in the timeline, and that the writers aren't afraid to return to a series of episodes and stick new one(s) in, shedding more light on the situation.

So just because we're not sure why Palpy doesn't trust Cham doesn't mean it's a question that will never go unanswered. And for me, knowing there's part of the story out there not yet told is cool.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    We're told that the reasons for them not trusting Syndulla are from before the war (him being known as a radical from then), though, so it's not really something they can go back and show. Palpatine's and Taa's comments would be very inconsistent with anything happening between the two episodes.

23. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Concerning Lott Dodd. Wouldn't the very fact that he is defending the CIS invasion implicate that the TF is aiding them?

24. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Of course. Everyone is the galaxy seems to know it. But there is no proof. And technically, he's not defending the CIS, he's just saying that the TF can no longer deal with Toydaria if they openly aid the Republic.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Except that Lott Dodd is a Republic Senator. Why would he be opposed to dealing with the Republic if he is still technically part of it?

I understand the political dealings in the matter, but Dodd is doing a rather terrible job of hiding his true loyalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.