main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 303: Supply Lines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Dodd argued that the Separatists would see the breach in neutrality and may take action against Federation ships trading with Toydoria, meaning the Federation would be forced to cease trading.

I get what you mean, it does seem a bit too pro the Confederacy but really it's a rational argument, America traded with Britain during WW2 and Germany took action with it's U Boats.

2. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Good point on the WW2 anecdote.

It was fun jumping back into the series! Unfortunately I missed the premiere, but I've learned from last season that a missed ep here and there just leaves more to look forward to with the boxset release.

Overall, I found this to be a very cool lead-in to Ambush. Glad I didn't read any spoilers, but I figured Di and Keeli (awesome tribal design) were gonna end up fodder anyway. Not like his name was a clue or anything [face_thinking] Anakin would surely have been worked into the scenario otherwise, and I tend to prefer episodes he doesn't appear in.

The return of Ahmed Best to voice Jar Jar was most welcome. He seems quite a bit more talented than we're used to, but i guess that's what happens to folks when they start hanging out with Jedi Knights!

I really dug the 70s vibe of Admiral Dao's chops!

3. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Wait - The Trade Federation is still part of the Republic? The hell? Haven't they been actively seen in bed with the Confederacy a bunch of times now?

Okay, putting that aside for a second - why the hell are they selling weapons and droids and ships to the confederacy? Isnt that akin to selling to the Nazis circa 1944? Palpatine might be a chessmaster, but I find it had to believe that he'd be able to cover up THAT little detail.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    They're lying.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Trade Federation does not sell their droids to the separatists, they both buy them from the same manufacturers. Bactoid Company and Colicoids make them, Trade Federation buys them for guards, security and soldiers against pirates. Confederacy uses them to fight the Republic.
    Once again, the Republic could kick Trade Federation out of the Senate and the Republic, but what would happen to trade? I'd like to see how the Republic deals with this when they finally kick Lott Dod out of the Senate.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Some sort of new trading company must be established- where do they get money... let's take a loan from a Banking Clan [face_laugh]

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    You know what would be great? If they have a story where the TF is finally exposed and kicked out of the Republic, which creates a commerce crisis because they have nobody to keep trade up. So someone is sent on a mission to recruit smugglers into aiding the Republic until a proper alternative can be set up. The fanboy in me would love to see a young Talon Karrde being approached by Kenobi. We need smugglers in this show!!

Although I'm not sure the writers could resist the temptation of having kid Solo working as an errand boy to one of the smugglers...

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Smugglers are mentioned several times... soo i would like to see some... but i fear that they couldn't resist the temptation of using ready weequaymodels:oops:
    Karrde would be an awesome addition- human (not weequay)- from Eu.... damn that would even makes sense with Eu unlike Greedo... no if they'll show us "smugglers" it's Hondo's boys in their new job- but i have nothing against seeing young Solo or Lando- GFFA is small enough anyway- after Ziro was captured there is only few places for criminals to hang around in the Galaxy- Jabba's palace, Mos Eisley cantina, Florrum and Coruscant Underlevels.... I want to see Nar Shaddaa in the series- i wonder where Ziro is now -since he wanted "as long away from Coruscant as possible"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.