main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 303: Supply Lines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I wonder if there's any chance we'll see Mar Tuuk in this?

Anyway, I am also looking forward to Dodd.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    About Senators doing stuff:
    I think you guys need to stop think US senators, and more Roman Senators, who were pretty active outside the senate, even leading armies personally.

The issue of Tydoria's neutrality...well, if they just send supplies, then they can be neutral like the United States was neutral at the beginning of the World Wars.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don´t think the Republic wants supplies. It needs soldiers.

Completely wild theory: Katuunko decides to secretly send a bunch of those hulking droids that collapse into a box, so they can be sent secretly without compromising Toydaria´s neutrality.

beatbox likes this.
  4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think I saw the supply ships in the Season 3 trailer.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The episode is called supply lines.

In the clip Cham complains about a lack of food, water and power for the heavy weapons, Di says "we need those supplies", and Admiral Dao complains that his own ships are low on fuel and ammunition.

I am almost positive this about supplies, not soldiers.

Though...if it is about soldiers...looking to World War 2 again, they could be like the Flying Tigers or Eagle Squadron - officially mercenaries or volunteers with no connection to the government, unofficially a preparation for the inevitable end of neutrality.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, you´re right. I forgot about the episode title. It´s probably all about getting katuunko to send some fuel and food.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I don't think it's a coincidence this site was reported as an attack site when we've got a Jar-Jar episode showing tonight. ;)

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I can't imagine any term of violence or malice being applied to Mr. Binks. Some posters on this board, on the other hand, definitely quality as social, psychological and intellectual malware.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't know if you're aware of this, but *ROTS SPOILER* the Seppys lose in the end anyway. *end SPOILER*

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. :p

That's my exact point - we're already watching a prequel show where certain outcomes are predestined, and now we're watching a prequel to a prequel. Idiocy.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The only way that would work - and what I think their original goal had been - is to reveal in the prequel that what you thought was going on in the sequel was actually far more complex (or completely different) than what it had originally seemed to be. In other words, something akin to a plot twist.

However, I have misgivings that there is any sort of complex twist involved if Jar Jar's the protagonist.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I wouldn't call it idiocy at all. Yes I agree it wasn't smart at all for Dave to spoil both General Di's fate and Admiral Dao. I hate that a lot because us as adults who saw that preview will feel nothing when he's killed off, unlike 99. I just think they wanted to show the taking of Ryloth and how difficult it was for the Republic to take it back.* Also I think it'd be interesting to see how badly it got and to see Syndulla and the Twileks go into hiding. I hope we see Wat Tambor.

Also something I noticed in the article on SW.com is that Filoni said something about being in Season 3 but we haven't seen much of the war at all, which leads to me they like making these prequels so they can extend the story a bit of a certain arc without progressing the war. It seems that this show will continue on for much longer than we expected.

*Obviously at the time they didn't have the animation to go with the battles they wanted to show us.

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think what I'm posting is a given, but if Jar Jar's in an episode, there's going to be a good chance theresa gonna be some bombad nutsiness happening, courtesy of him. And I think Bail's going to be thinking, "Padmé, you have my pity and sympathies."

14. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    ...is the sound really really echo-ey in this episode? Did Cartoon Network screw up the sound nationally, or is this a local problem?

15. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    i have that sound problem too in boston.........:_|

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I was going to make the same comment. It's as if they did the voice recording in an empty auditorium. I'm in a suburb of Philadelphia. Vlad, if you're elsewhere, then the screw up is national.

17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I have the same problem. For a second I thought it was my speakers.

18. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    I'm in Virginia. Very annoying. There's no way Lucas and co would let the episode out of the can sounding like this, so it must be some kind of CN issue.

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Living in Brazil, I always have to wait til Saturday or later to watch the episode. That is why I only join the discussion quite late, and I don't come to the episode threads until I've seen the episode.

I think for this episode, I care so little about it, that for once I'll witness the discussion before I get a chance to watch it.

20. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I have that too. Ughh, it's so annoying.

So far, though, Jar Jar is more annoying than any others so far. Also, Katuunko acts nothing like he did in Ambush.

21. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Sounds fine to me.

The problem I do have is this is some sort of prequel to two different sets of episodes. This has got to be confusing to the little ones.

22. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Humm.. seems to be going great so far. Echoey sound, annoying Jar Jar and out-of-character Katuunko.

23. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Weird. I'm watching CNHD through U-Verse and the sound is fine for me.

24. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    Actually, it's pretty decent so far, except for the sound issues. I am tempted to stop watching and just wait for the official site to post it. But I am already 2/3s through, so I might as well keep going.

Not the continuity mess that everybody was expecting. Toydaria wants to maintain neutrality--Bail says it's a humanitarian issue and is convincing the king to provide aid on the down-low, so that nobody links it to Toydaria.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Argh, I'm just going to sleep. It's 2:00am here. I'll just watch this by morning. Hope the opinions around here get better over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.