main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 305: Corruption Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Anybody picked up something about the tall Egyptian-like aliens who seem to be in command of the Gotals in 'Corruption'?

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I can watch C-SPAN if I want to watch politics.[face_talk_hand]:p

Guys, the preview article pretty heavily implies that Death Watch isn't involved in this one, unless I'm mistaken.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Death Watch isn't in this or the next episode, but comes back with a vengeance for the close of Season 3.

3. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    True, but C-SPAN is not as fun!:p

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh dear, it's Padme-Action-Hero time again... :rolleyes:

Here's hoping this episode will involve Dooku's plan, leading up to the return of Death Watch.

Is it just me, or does the start of season 3 seem a little cold? I mean the double opener was pretty cool, but after that it just got a little meh...

And I'm really not looking forward to Maul V 2.0 either... but that's for another thread.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I predict her life will be endangered again somehow. It's obvious they want to try to add more depth into Padme, but I can't see her grow as a character anymore. Same with Anakin, Obi-Wan, ect.

6. Embo

Embo Jedi Knight

Mar 27, 2010
    Come on. Someone has to have the courage to say it. The Emperor has no clothes.

This is it, huh? This is what we've been promised? Can anyone say the season, thus far, has surpassed their expectations? Can anyone even say it's met them?

I know it's been said by better men (and women) than I, but Clone Wars, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow.

Why do I put myself through this? Is it the hope that things will change? That it will get better? Is it love? Devotion? Or am I just a glutton for punishment?

Is this what it felt like, Rhianna?

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I got to admit, I do find this whole "three political episodes in a row" kind of tiresome consider there have been many "three action episodes in a row" occasions. hree isn't that many. Plus, we get at least a shoot out in every one, and a fairly big battle in Supply Lines.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, there's 'you're going down a path I can't follow', and there's 'there is yet good in him'. I'm inclined to think the latter. :p

To be sure, I'm rather confused on the logic behind three political episodes in a row, as it certainly wouldn't be too conducive for attracting fans and viewers, but look on the bright side: The more they do, the more they get out of their system, and the sooner they can get back to action and/or adventure. [face_laugh]

No, it's not just you. Definitely noticed how odd it is that they focused more on policy, politics, and schemes rather than action this time, though I think they've had a little more success merging the two. Maybe they're trying to reverse the trend of Season 2. [face_laugh][face_praying]
    Doesn't mean I'm giving up hope, though. It saved Plo Koon from a cold, lonely death! ...Once! [face_beatup]

I don't think the Death Watch is involved, not totally at least. The articles so far seem to suggest it's an ideological schism within the government rather than from an external threat.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    So far, it's far exceeded my expectations. The animation is just beautiful, and I'm not one who needs constant, non-stop space battles and laser shoot-em-ups. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

10. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Although it would be nice if these episodes where broken up, they have been good so far and i think they will be better when we get the official timeline that will have this slower episodes stuck between action episodes which will give us a breather when we watch them in order.

Besides, has everyone forgotten we say a battle on ryloth in Supply lines. Its not like the last two have been without any clone wars action at all. We saw a jedi and his entire squad go down.

Just relax, enjoy this episode, and have some faith that the best clone battles have yet to be seen.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Everyone has different opinions. You can't force everyone to like something.

12. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Heh. This advice is why I haven't watched an episode since the season premiere.

Since season one, I've watched this show based on the previews. If the previews don't grab me, I don't watch the episode. Simple as that. There are episodes from both season one and season two that I haven't watched and have no desire to watch. Season three will be no exception. However, I don't give people grief for liking episodes I don't, nor do I get down on others for not liking what I do.

As long as people state their feelings in a mature, respectful manner, does it really matter if they have reservations about certain episodes before they air? Either they'll come back on after viewing and be pleasantly surprised--like I was with Clone Cadets this season--or they'll come back and pretty much feel the same way as they did before.

Either way, this world would be pretty boring if everyone thought the same way.

13. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Count me in as someone who wants to see some bloody clone vs. droid action already. It seems at times that the TCW crew lose interest in focusing on the Clone Wars, instead wanting to do everything else that's remotely connected with the film universe.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Which is why LFL Animation should make another show that isn't focused on one period of time. Then they wouldn't have to squeeze everything into one show.

Bring on an OT series!!!

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Avada, I'll recommend episodes to you, don't worry. :p

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Actually I wasn't even talking about the episodes being too political or lacking action.

It's just that the last two episodes felt like 'fillers'. I still can't see why it was so important to show us these stories. Especially if they don't make sense. Also, I've had it with pointless prequels.

And now an episode coming up with Padme... I can't even think of a single episode starring Padme that I liked. Okay, 'Destroy Malevolence' maybe, but it wasn't really about her anyway.

And as far as 'Secrets Revealed' goes... what secrets exactly have been revealed so far? That Grievous has nothing Ventress could ever want? That the Trade Federation is still in the Republic? Oh right, that was revealed in season 2...

17. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm looking forward to seeing Satine and all, because I like her character, but even I admit she can be a bit 'Mary Sue-ish', and teamed up with Padme.. well, I just hope this won't be too preachy with the two of them combined. I don't know how interesting it'll be having two characters who are already a lot alike team up, and if they work together too smoothly it'll just seem boring like the Ahsoka and Chuchi team was.

But like the Jar Jar episode, I'm hoping the writing of these two peace-loving senators will be handled better than expected. And I agree it would be a missed opportunity not to have some mention of Jedi and relationships..

18. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Oh, I don't doubt that. ;)

My favorite part of SW is, and always has been since I was a kid, the Jedi. I'm not as interested in the Clones or the political side of SW. So, if there's a Jedi-centric episode--no matter who the Jedi are--I'll watch it and skip the rest. And any episodes with Obi-Wan, but that goes without saying. [face_laugh]

Not saying that those episodes I haven't seen are bad (I haven't seen them, so I can't judge), they just aren't my cup of tea. So, I can understand the "if you don't like it, don't watch" mentality. It saves me grief. ;)

This episode, I might catch it, just to see the dynamic between Satine and Padme. Besides, I'll be watching Sym-Bionic Titan and Generator Rex anyway.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It is WAAAY to early to talk about that. Any answers or "secrets revealed" we'll get will be from the middle to the end of the season. Though you had me in tears with "That Grievous has nothing Ventress could ever want?"

20. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I always thought 'Secrets Revealed' was nothing more than a BS marketing slogan. Remember how 'Rise of the Bounty Hunters' turned out? 8-}

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah Filoni said himself he wants to do OT-series- or something from GCW-era- damn i want to see series that takes place between ANH and ESB- there is so much potential- we could see Han, Luke, Chewie, droids and Leia team again... in animated form though -but good enough. Luke can fight Vader- Boba can be nuisance to rebels- it's very free for Lucas and others to create stories between those movie episodes.... they already have Bossk animation model- that's a good start:)

22. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Ah yes, a TV show which takes place during a war and routinely has its main characters' lives put in danger. Good call, that one.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Putting sarcasm aside, what I meant was if you take a look at some of the previous Padme-based episodes, her life was endangered. You can see that the writers are trying to add some "tension" into the episode by threatening the life of PT character. Yet, we know she's going to survive. This happened twice in season two. Now for Corruption, I can see them either doing this to Padme or Satine.

24. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I know it won't be this episode but Satine has to die at some point in the series right in order for the mandos to get their warrior ranks back? Hopefully her death will come unannounced and it will be a big shocker when it happens in the series.

25. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Why do people point this out so much for Padme? Doesn't a main character's life get threatened in pretty much every show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.