main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 307: Assassin Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS SPOILERS FOR EPISODES 308 OR LATER IN THIS THREAD.

Use the General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) thread for any discussion beyond Episode 307!

[image=http://starwars.com/img/theclonewars/guide/epguide307.jpg]

"The future has many paths -- choose wisely."

Synopsis: Tasked to protect Senator Padmé Amidala during a political mission to Alderaan, Padawan Ahsoka Tano is plagued by recurring visions of the recently-deceased bounty hunter, Aurra Sing.

Director: Kyle Dunlevy
    Writer: Katie Lucas
    Supervising Writer: Drew Z. Greenberg
    Staff Writer: Brian Larsen

Key Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma
    Key Locales: Coruscant, Alderaan

The Official Episode Guide can be found HERE

2. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Can't wait for this one! The preview looks great! Its really good to see TCW team putting Aurra Sing on the same level as Cad Bane in skills and being a major threat. I also can't wait to see Alderaan! :) :)

Small things I picked up:

-The women in the background seem to have Princess Leia buns, which is kinda cool way to explain why Leia, who grew up on Alderann, adapted to wearing her hair in two side buns.
    -Aurra Sing has a new weapon, make up, and outfit. She looks bad ass.
    -Padme has a new model in her "PJ's" and seems to be in that same dress as Ep 5.

Now I'm dying to know, what the hell will happen to Aurra once Anakin finds out from Ashoka that she tried to kill Padme? I can see Anakin, who is already on the path to the darkside, to be the one to kill or almost kill her.

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    This could be really good! :D

Yet I don't want to get my hopes up too much. :p

Let's try that again, shall we.

Hm, this will probably be another mediocre storyline. [face_beatup]

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Hopefully it will be good.

But Ahsoka saves the day again maybe?

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Season 3 started off excellently, then plummeted until it hit rock bottom with Corruption.

The Academy was certainly a step in the right direction, and Assasin definately has the potential to be the best episode of
    the entire series.

In other words, ny hopes are sky high! :D

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I wouldn't keep your expectations too high. Because if the episode doesn't seem what it should be, you will be angry. :p

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I agree but it's hard for me personally not keep my hopes high, I'm really looking forward to this. Aurra Sing IMO was the best of the Boba Fett trilogy and Jamie King does a great job with voicing her, she easily sprang into one of my favorite TCW characters.

I just hope I'm not letdown.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Awww, come on GG! Have some optimism! :)

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I feel like this episode is gonna be a make or break for Season 3. We have had four episodes ranging from passable to Senate Spy level of quality. If this one doesn't up the ante somehow, I can see a lot of angry or dissatisfied fans.

That said, I hope its good. Sing has a lot of potential when used properly.

10. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, seeing as how the good guys always win, it will be either Padme or Ahsoka. (Not counting Mon Mothma, that is)

So GG, if you could choose, who would you prefer to save the day? (It's hard I know) :p

This episode makes me wonder:

Will Sing be after Padme? Or will she be after Ahsoka? (EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the preview, lmao)
    Or will they make it seem like she's after Ahsoka, but she's really after Padme? (Or vice versa)
    Is Ahsoka having these visions because Ahsoka is so close to Anakin and Padme is involved?
    In other words: Are Anakin's visions 'rubbing off' on Ahsoka because Padme may be in danger?

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    You don't acquire Force visions that way. They're supposed to be rare, and only certain powerful users get them. I guess Ahsoka "qualifies" for that. :rolleyes:

I rather see neither save the day. They both constantly do it, and it gets annoying. I can't stress that enough. :p

12. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I know, it was just some whacko theory to get the speculation going :p

Agreed. Although Padme annoys me more than Snips. Here's to Aurra Sing beating the good guys! [face_cowboy]

The cool thing about Aurra is, no matter how poor the episode she's in, Aurra is always awesome.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Aurra can take down Jedi Masters (old material), but cannot take a Padawan. That's sad. Reminds me Grievous.

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, that may be, I just meant to say that her character is awesome. She's got a great personality and voice.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On the topic of characters "saving the day" -- can Typho save the day? Or is he just going to be background decor? Just like Padme's fancy dresses and hairdodads? Except he's less useful?

16. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Potential for another promising episode, at least for me personally. As always, though I will watch it, not compare it to anything else, except perhaps to compare it to previous episodes, and see what I think. It seems to have the potential for more character development. I'm a sucker for character development, seriously.

17. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Not a bad fortune cookie. And it really gets the whole visions thing about 'many possible futures' from the season 3 trailer.

I kinda wish the preview didn't give away what Ahsoka's vision was though.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Congrats on your first episode discussion thread, Barriss!

As for characters saving the day...it'll never happen, but...

Aurra Sing: (pointing blaster) Haha! At this range, senator Amidala, there's no way I can miss! You're as good as-
    Bail Organa: (walking in) Senator Amidala, I understand your confusion, but- (lets out a MANLY SHRIEK OF TERROR) IT'S AURRA SING!
    Aurra Sing: (lets out a more masculine scream) AURRA SING? AURRA SING?! WHERE?! (the shock throws off her aim and she fires at the ceiling, bringing down debris which knocks her blasters out of her hands)
    Mon Mothma: FALCOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUNCH! (slugs Aurra down with a right hook) (points) And that's how we do it on Chandrila, schutta!
    Bail: :eek:
    Padme: :eek:
    Ahsoka: What's a schutta? :confused:
    -The End!-

:p

EDIT: I rather liked something Humble_Jedi said about the visions 'rubbing off' on Ahsoka. It's a crack theory, but perhaps the sheer strength of Anakin's connection with the Force seeps out through his subconscious. He's too busy with the war and has his hands full, so it inevitably spills over to another close Force Sensitive.
    Or rather, Inception that isn't happening on purpose. [face_laugh]

19. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm pretty neutral on Padme, she's usually associated with the more boring storylines. But, every episode that Aurra Sing has been in has been super awesome.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    This looks like it could be interesting.

It also looks like the first 25 minutes of AOTC.:rolleyes:

21. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Well let's look at the people behind this episode and their previous TCW work:

Kyle Dunlevy directed: The Mandalore Plot, Cat and Mouse, ARC Troopers and Sphere of Influence.
    Katie Lucas wrote: Jedi Crash, Sphere of Influence and The Academy.

So I guess success is not for granted with these two, but there certainly are hopes.

22. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Katie Lucas wrote The Academy eh? Uh oh. Nepotism strikes again.

I hope Katie doesn't end up being the Sophia Coppola of Star Wars.

(perhaps this post was a bit too negative - I certainly have high hopes for the episode, as screwing up Aurra Sing would require some effort)

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    What i dislike about Aurra Sing in TCW, is that there has been no mention of her having jedi training.

One of the reasons why she was deadly in the EU is because she could wield a lightsaber.

So i don't know why she doesn't use one in TCW. I don't know why the writers don't do it. It's as if they are screwing up her backstory.

24. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Her backstory is briefly hinted at when discussing her motives. Also, one does not need to be able to wield a lightsaber to be deadly. Aurra's a kickass sniper, fighter, and to top it all off, she's absolutely deranged.

Besides, add too many lightsabers and the duels will occur too often. [face_laugh]

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Luke had them too when he was still in training. I don't think they are suppose to be that rare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.