main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 307: Assassin Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnkaup

shawnkaup Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2010
    I really do love Star Wars, but Season 3 continues to have sloppy writing and loose ends considering it is secrets revealed. I'm not trying to get into a huge debate, but the team on the force-cast are nailing it as far as where the gaps lie this season. Fingers crossed for more Landing at Point Rain cinematic episodes.

2. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    So, you think Padmé shouldn't had taken arms even though she & co were being shot at because she's a "pacifist"?:confused:

Fair enough I suppose. People in general do become corrupt on different levels in stressful circumstances so I can't really judge Satine for her actions. As for Padmé, she was corrupted way before her colleague by her own doing such as the VONC in Valorum and for different reasons, her secret marriage for which I pass judgement either.

In this instances, I don't see either of them as hypocrites but victims of what makes us human.

Poorly written is an understatement... None taken, you're not alone!:D

If done right it could be really great, but after The Academy & Assassin...[face_worried]

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010

4. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    There's a difference between absolute pacifism (that Satine seemed to favour last season) and a more general 'pro-peace' mindset (that Padme seems to favour). The former prohibits any violent action whatsoever while the latter's more of a 'violence as a last resort' position to take. I may be wrong but I don't think that Padme's ever been shown to have absolute pacifistic leanings.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Certainly. I've never met a pacifist who stashed blasters in a concealed slot inside her throne's armrest.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Or wore an outfit with a holster to a children's hospital. [face_whistling]

7. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Padme ain't no pacifist. She'd rather not fight with you, but she'll get her hands dirty if she must.

8. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    That's usually frowned upon.

9. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Yeah, when my cousin was in the hospital, I couldn't een give him a toy car because there "might have been something in it."

Yeah, I wonder what was in that holster. :p

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Padmé are not pacifist -but it seems Satine is not pacifist either... not anymore[face_thinking]

11. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    In the SW galaxy the word pacifist means to state your dislike of war and fights and then proceed to war and fight. In TPM anytime Padme says anything about not fighting, the next scene is usually a fight.

She's a harbinger of doom that Padme is.

12. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    I don't consider Satine a hypocrite...she just was calling out OW for his. He dared to call her a pacifist fool more or less for wanting peace for Mandalore after years of bloodshed when the Jedi betrayed their ideals by becoming soldiers of the Republic. Also, OW came to investigate her for allying with the CIS which would put her planet's neutrality in danger and on top of that Obi choose his ideals over hers as far as she knew. So yeah, Satine has reason to be pissed with Obi.:p

Neither of them are, which is why I found Padmé's reaction to Satine threating the Super Intendant completely hypocritical. Then again, she's often the victim of bad writing.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Satine calls herself pacifist many times over in the mandalore trilogy- so her being pacifist and not complaining about Padmé's "aggressive negotiationtactic" definitely makes her look like hypocrite- Obi-Wan never call her fool openly- it is Satine who dares to mock him openly and call him names which is very ridiculous and childish since she is supposedly grown up woman and even leader of the planet8-}

btw is it "hypocrite" or "hippocrite"?:D I even used plural form for Padmé there... well there is only one Padmé but she has all those decoys there... too bad TCW haven't any (except that bettybotdecoy)

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's "hypocrite".

And yes, Satine looked like one in the Corruption and Academy episodes. But I think her character shows she is highly idealistic, and is almost irritated at the galaxy for forcing her to compromise her ideals, over and over again.

With Padme, I think she would rather resolve things through the democratic process and diplomacy, but she also has a fair degree of pragmatism.....that or maybe the events of TPM helped change her mind. :)

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Could be both. In regard to Satine we have to agree to disagree guys.
    [face_peace]

16. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Only just gotten round to watch this one, but I enjoyed it. Again, quite a political episode with Padme giving yet another peace based speech. I'd like to see some Senator's who actually do support the war. So far, everyone seems to be in some sort of netural/peace club together.

Nice to see Ziro the Hutt again too, I find him to be a very entertaining villain, and I look forward to seeing more of him. I got a kick out of seeing the Republic prison as well - I was trying to spot the other captured Separatists in the cells near Ziro.

Part of me expected Gunray to be behind the assassination again, but he seems to have gotten to the point where he needs to actually kill Padme personally now.

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I would love to see more Gunray in the show, but I think they made a good call in having Ziro be the one behind the assassination attampt. After all, Gunray's always the one trying to get revenge on Padme. It would get repetitive if every mystery in the show ended in Nute Gunray.

Entertaining, but repetitive. :p

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    At least Mee Deechi and Halle Burtoni support the war- but they should add Ask Aak- he supports war in AOTC at least- but some humansenator who would later become supporter of Palpatine's new order would be a nice touch too....

19. CameronKMcEwan

CameronKMcEwan Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2010
    belated review at Den of Geek:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/660793/star_wars_the_clone_wars_season_3_episode_7_assassin.html

20. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That's not much of a review, if I may say so.

21. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    I quite liked this episode. (Yeah, I also thought about the lesbian angle, but that says more about me and certain other people in this thread than bout the writers of Clone Wars...)

I was a bit disappointed that the scenes in Yoda's chambers were practically mirrored from ROTS and Anakin's scenes.

And, Slave 1 is now officially a wreckage. Come on, George! Why are you doing this to us?

It's obvious that Aurra Sing doesn't swing a light sabre on this show, so I guess a lot of Republic Comics are erased out of contiunity...

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Quinlan Vos in Hunt for Ziro is also sign of Republic comics being non-canon for now on... if they would even use their elements to make better episodes it would be ok with me- i never liked SW-comics that much anyway- Slave1 crash is actually explained very well- Filoni tells how Hondo Ohnaka loves to rebuild spacecrafts and he loves slave1 so he rebuilds it and repaints it with green and rusty brown as we see it in ESB
    here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKq8kIwqW44

- so at some point Hondo gives it back to Boba- perhaps we even see Hondo with slave1 in the future episode "Die jedi scum!" LOL and then some sonic mines (if you have played Rogue Squadron3- Rebel Strike you know how dangerous those things actually are :p )

Rebuilding explains some modifications that has been made to the ship and it's perfectly ok with me- especially now when it's confirmed that Aurra survived....

23. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    I do, and it annoys me that when they erase it out of continuity. I especially liked the Clone Wars comics. I thought they tied the war together much better than the Clone Wars series, no matter how much I, at times, enjoy the show.

Haven't played it, but thanks for that information. Didn't know that. I kind of figured it would be rebuilt. Hope we get to see it.

Yes, I like her character. Only wish they hadn't done away with her Jedi background, though...

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think Aurra's background has to be completely changed (like Asajj's will be)- her background is more like Grievous'- it won't be erased it just changes a bit and that's it- Aurra's lightsabers have been erased- but since Bane uses them as well as mandalorians... i don't see anything non-canonising that she had used them sometimes but prefer blasters now.... she is incredible sniper so that's logical....
    At least her home is still Nar Shaddaa- according to same clone-infocards that classify Ventress to be "Dathomiri"[face_tired]

Her skills with the force are apparently faded away- but her hatred towards jedi and unbelievable accuracy- plus the way she detected Padmé's Bettybot-trick points that she is still a bit force-sensitive at least.

I've read some of the republic comics and yes they created ok timeline through the war but it needs some serious retcons to keep main happenings of the comics canon- no eu-material is completely abandoned ever- so those comics will keep in the canon- unlogic things like timelines are just "historical errors" now.....

25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Gunray needs to do more though. At least something semi-victorious. Otherwise how am I to believe that he's the baddest, meanest, cut-throat Neimodian out there?

...the same way I believe that Grievous can actually fight and win someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.