main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 308: Evil Plans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Her book is not responsible for anything- it's just bad fanfiction with a license :p - she said herself that EU is licensed fanfic for her and i don't like her style anyway- she didn't care of existing EU- and TCW obviously didn't care of her work even that much as it cares for EU (it does really -Ryloth was home of Twi'leks it was still desert even though tidal locking is now unexplained- Quinlan Vos is still a jedi and friend of Obi-Wan etc.) - so technically that makes her books pretty worthless- but that just my opinion -officially they're canon still..... Eeth Koth was in old Clone Wars actually- it's classic Agen Kolar- confusion but i think he is Eeth Koth not Kolar- now it's canonically possible too....

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did ANYTHING in Hostage Crisis stongly indicate that Cad Bane must have had the plans for the senate building?

I hear people saying "Well, at least this episode explained how Bane aquired the plans needed for Hostage Crisis". But when did we ever wonder about that? I always thought he simply hired a group of competent bounty hunters and went to town on those senate commandos.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah poor writing once again... they should've explained where did Bane acquired commandodroids:confused:

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    What's interesting is that Jabba clearly first hired Bane to do just that - capture the plans of the Senate. When Bane has done that and got his reward, Jabba speaks with the Council and then they hire Bane to free Ziro. So actually Hutts did one step too much. They should've called Bane up first and just hired him to free Ziro. He'd have most propably just acted like he did anyway, without the plans.

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Hehe, yeah, that was a pretty weird way to go about it. I guess they just gave Bane the senate plans mission first as a test of his proficiency. Then, once they were satisfied, they decided to hire him for the Ziro job. I'd guess Bane just simply threw away the senate layout then "What do I need this for? I'm not sneaking in, I'm breaking in guns blazing!".

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, the Senate building is a very large building. He probably needed the plans to know best where to infiltrate it and round up Senators for hostage negotiations, plus where defenses would be weakest.

The real question is why wasn't the fortune cookie for this episode "Let them eat Jogan fruit cake!"

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Bane didn't attack the Senate Building, he attacked the Executive building right across from the Senate Building. It's even shown in Hostage Crisis. They're continuing to make a mess out of this.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I can't figure out what your talking about. You claimed her books were "unlogic" with TCW, I gave you a possible and likely explanation as to why the continuity would not work.

BTW, Karen did have the knowledge that Eeth Koth was appearing in Season 2 of TCW and used that knowledge to include mention of him in Wildspace, which is the only reason I brought it up. Eeth in the Gendy series was retconned to be Agen, then unretconned I guess with TCW.

Also Karen's books do reference the other books in TCW novel series, which reference numerous other aspects of the EU, so I think your claims that she didn't care are unfounded. The fact that she choose to work around most things, while offering few to no contradictions, might even demonstrate a measure of respect for the rest of the continuity.

9. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Tip'o'the hat here to the good folk at the TFN's Clone Wars Roundtable. A quick listen on my commute and they left me with a much more positive attitude to this episode by intelligently highlighting all the really good aspects that I had missed, while not sparing the bad. Plus some great Ziro impersonations - you can never have enough Ziro.

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, it was a mission. A stupid, mundande one, but a mission nonetheless. Padmé needed the fruit so that she could woo the roonan senator to her side. His support could very well have a profound impact in the war. The droids were operating on a dealine and R2 knew it, and yet he chose to get sidetracked and enjoy a soothing rub down. It's a good thing there wasn't a droid spa on Tatooine, otherwise the Alliance would have been waiting for those stolen plans a long time...

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    That was COMPLETELY out of character for R2.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It definitely was.
    I don't know if anybody caught this, but R2 turned his head around when he walked into that "droid spa" building, while 3PO was being taken away right behind him. :oops:

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Well, I found that rather enjoyable. After the, IMO, rather blah Baron Papanoida and Mandalore episodes, I think the season is getting on track. I liked this one quite a lot, bringing back Jabba and Bane as well as some snark for ol' Threepio.

My only problem was the fact that Artoo could be distracted by the droid bar while his counterpart was being kidnapped. It didn't seem in character for him, as dedicated as he usually seems to completeing his missions and he usually comes across as smarter than falling for sales pitches of random droids.

I don't think it's stated overtly, just something we're supposed to assume now since Bane and his boys seemed to know exactly where to go in the not exactly small Senate building. On the other hand, one could argue that they simply pulled up the plans when "Bubble Brain" (don't remember the fish guy's name) hacked the system.

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm just gonna try and take one last stab at justifying Artoo's actions. They weren't GREAT actions, but I could see SOME logic behind them. [face_whistling]

-When has Artoo shown his headstrong, dedicated side? When there's something majorly important to do. Like saving LIVES.
    -What's the situation here? They're buying fruit. Not quite galactic importance.
    -What does Artoo do on a weekly basis? Plunges headlong into perilous battlefields to assist his masters. What is that? Incredibly dangerous and stressful.
    -What would an astromech do with his free time when there's not much else going on and he's had to go through a lot lately, like getting taken apart and having his memory drives raided? A spa sounds pretty good.
    -What does he do when he realises Threepio is in trouble and that the situation has become exponentially more dire? That's right. He sacrifices himself.

That's how I see it, anyway. Might have been nice if he wasn't as easily distracted, but I find 'damage control' a better perspective than 'make everything worse by picking at the wounds'.

It's also a little ironic that we don't like him being referred to as 'the family dog', yet now we want him to display a sort of Lassie-like singlemindedness. That's how I see it, anyway. Just an opinion. It's probably more complex than that. [face_beatup]

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    All right maybe i judged her books too harshly- so they're not Illogical (yeah that's the right word:D ) with TCW... but actually TCW contradicts itself too - so making eu based on it- is very hard task... i just don't like her books so it's easy to see every little detail in them as illogical- but Anakin's knighting still is a problem in continuity and her own views didn't really explain it-

But is wild space first meeting of Obi-Wan and Bail Organa?- they clearly know each other somehow in Cat and Mouse- not personally as friends maybe- but still....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.