main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 308: Evil Plans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Funny.

Didn't a previous source say 'on an important shopping trip'? So now it's a 'routine' shopping trip, eh...

I don't care about the shopping trip thing. I'm looking forward to seeing Bane.

What I'm wondering about though:

If Bane is trying to get the info from the droids, how come the republic didn't anticipate him coming to the senate building?

I mean he can't wipe their memory, and he can't disable them... (Since it's official that R2 never ever got a wipe) So we must assume they will escape / be released and tell about what happened, right?

It seems strange...

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    No, but then again that's wrong. Luke doesn't go on a droid buying trip in Ep4, and that's not how the story starts. You seem to have forgotten the little deal of the giant spacecraft chase and capture, stormtrooper invasion, escape pod escape, dark villain breaking in and choking people, etc.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well my car does complain about engine repairs- it doesn't scream but it "tells" about them as a text and if you don't put safety belt it starts to "scream"- it's more like beeping of course but still it feels like screaming :p and i think you all know old classic tv-series Knight Rider and his car.... [face_laugh]

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, if you were in surgery and the doctors numbed your leg so you had no feeling left and then started cutting on your leg, you wouldn't complain or scream either would you? What is the ability to feel pain then?

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Well, C-3PO's behaviour didn't exactly speak about horrid agony. He was pretty much normal, except short scream, which he stopped the very moment the rays stopped, even when he still had sparks going in his body.
    But we have two or so options in this:
    1) Droids (or at least more sophisticated ones) have been programmed to feel some pain, for the same reason as humans (so they'd stop leaving their fingers on the oven)
    2) C-3PO was screaming because the electricity made him feel very unnatural for that time (sudden short-circuits and *tecno-jumble-mumble*). Would have been fun if he had talked with different languages during that time.

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Ditto, making Anakin 3PO's only master...I glad it was left alone.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, but how much information could you get out of your car by not wearing your safety belt.

Probably just that you aren't wearing your safety belt.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well cars are quite simple compared to droids- anyway i think you are now nitpicking what comes to droid questions- droids in Star Wars are funny, bit childish- unrealistic robots that beep and scream because they are funny:) -let it be so and stop this pointless debate- i like droids because they are sympathetic- but realistic robots would be boring "characters"[face_tired] droids feel "droid pain" that only droids can really understand:p - as long as there is no droids or droidtechnicians in this forum -you cannot tell more info about their "feelings" and "thoughts"[face_laugh]

9. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Naaah! Not to be obnoxious but your comment made me really uncomfortable. COD was arguebly one of the worst episodes of the entire show! HC was interesting but it dragged and had a horrible plot. Plus Bane didn't sound right in HC. His voice was more muffled than usual. Plus he was bad shot when he yelled out "Skywalker!".

The people on these boards constantly lose me when they COD was good. What was so great about? Details?

To show where I am coming from, this is my top 5 worst ep. list:
    1. Senate Spy
    2. Cargo of Doom
    3. Bombad Jedi
    4. Blue Shadow Virus
    5. Corruption

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Woah odd list there- what's wrong with Cargo (Cod means "Call of Duty" for me:p ) i hated way like droids were non-battledroid like and not even funny "he is a commander" damn that was worst droidjoke ever:oops: But i loved everything else in that episode- Bane and anakin and Yularen and all it was one of the best TCW-eps for sure- ahsoka was also great in this when she disobeyed anakin- beated up bane but was fooled by him....

my bottom-5 list is (from the worst one to better ones)

1.Mystery of Thousand Moons
    2.Corruption
    3.Academy
    4.Downfall of the droid
    5.Bombad Jedi

None of the season2 eps:eek: - thid don't look good- season3 is not as good as season2:_|

11. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    CoD... Call of Duty? But really, it's kinda funny, everyone loves CoD and LaPR, but you don't like CoD, and I don't like LaPR. So I guess anything, no matter how loved will have someone who disagrees. Also, Corruption was worst in my opinion [face_sick]

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think it's good that those eps have haters too- even though i'm boring since i liked them:D But Senate Spy was also nice- Senate murders and blue shadow virus were not good episodes but characters added to them (Peppi bow, Nuvo Vindi, Tan divo, Mee deechi) were fine so you cannot find them from my bottom-10 of eps Still i think EVERYONE can agree that Corruption definitely sucked...... something i prefer not to describe here:D .... i still hate mystery more for some reason... i don't know- starting was a plothole- whole episode was a plothole... and Vindi was imprisoned.... i expected him having a great escape:p

13. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm all for one when it comes to bringing these characters together. The problem is that character interactions were rushed and the voice acting was at its worst. In fact, the worst voice acting was in the entire Holocron arc. Can't argue with that.

Plus, killing off Denal was a stupid idea. He didn't have a worthwhile death and nobody cared or knew him. The TCW team are also made sure there was no way he could have survived. :mad:

I suppose it is to opinions but as it is clearly seen, I hate the Holoron arc and I don't like Bane episodes. Actually, I haven't liked any episodes that have associated villainous Bounty Hunters. Its probably because the TCW team doesn't know what a "Bounty" Hunter is...

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Actually, I thought the Holocron arc was some of the best the show has to offer. Holocron Heist was definately the weakest, but it was still pretty good. Cargo of Doom had excellent character interactions, lots of sction, and all around creativity. Seriously, you can't say the zero-g fight didn't astound you!

Also, I thought Denal's death was well done. I know many posters figured out the fact that Cad Bane was in the armor, but I think that was just because they had a week to mull over it. If CoD had been aried back-to-back with CotF, it probably would have been more of a surprise.

And Children of the Force was the episode that felt most like the movies. We got to see Anakin falling under Palpatine's spell a little bit more and return to classic SW locations like Mustafar and Naboo. And, unlike other faster episodes, the speed actually really worked in this ep. Not a single moment seemed to drag on, and we got to experience more in a single episode than usual.

We are all indeed entitled to our opinions, but I can't imagine not being able to like a SINGLE thing in the episodes.

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Please stop with the off-topic discussion. This thread is about the Evil Plans episode, which hasn't even aired yet.

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    My guess is R2 and 3PO aren't going to get memory wiped or anything so we'll end up with a plot-hole as to why there was no extra security at the senate.

Because something tells me they're going to ignore that altogether.

But I might be pessimistic. :p Mark my words though. [face_beatup]

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Why to memory wipe droids that don't know anything? And what's wrong with these forums anyway- i get error messages all the time:eek: ... and i cannot use smilies in some posts..... and Fistofan- i completely disagree- Corruption and Mystery had much worse voiceacting and especially character-reactions- CoD was excellent compared to them... and so was holocron heist too.... and Gry- as moderator you should be more worried about these tech problems with this forum -than staying in topic.... we won't stay in topic anyway :p

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I do worry about the tech problems, but it's nothing I can do much about. Off-topic discussions, however, are right up my alley. :cool:

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oookayy... :) We may need more topics then- can anyone create a new topic- or is it up to the mods?-

even though i think there already is some old topic for rating these episodes placing them in order from the best to the worst for your liking etc.
    so sorry i'll try to stay on topic now on....

20. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should be wiped - that would conflict with canon.

My problem is that the droids will know what Bane was looking for: plans of the senate building.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    You mean why Bane doesn't wipe their memory? Well it seems that every TCW character can act idiotically if it patches up plotholes:oops:

22. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, not wiping them would create as much as a plot-hole as wiping them.

So I'm curious how they are going to solve this.

But my guess is they probably won't and we'll end up with a plot-hole anyway.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    And why not a selective memory wipe? A memory wipe doesn't need to be a complete memory wipe.

24. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

I guess we'll find out...

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I wonder if they could detect a selective memory wipe in a droid's records? Or maybe it just wouldn't occur to them. I could see it not entering their minds if Threepio and Artoo return all fine and dandy.

Or maybe Bane submits the droids to the fine mechanical skill of...a monkey lizard. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.