main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 308: Evil Plans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't know, maybe that's why the Senate Guards came out in force when Bane landed, saying that no unauthorized persons were allowed to land there...it sounds like to me a precaution they may take in light of finding out about the potential threat(unless it's part of normal Senate security and secondly, it really didn't do them that much good if taking a precaution was the case.)

As for the shopping trip, I actually like to see more of the mundane side of life in the GFFA; to me it adds that much more realism to the universe...and I can't wait to see what they are shopping for!:p

And yes, the return of Bane...been anticipating that since 'Children of the Force' and he looks great in terms of animation. And man, an interaction with C-3PO and Bane!:p

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    One more day till a new TCW episode! [face_dancing]

3. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    And a week and a day until an episode I'm looking forward too [face_dancing] Hey, that's more then the past few weeks.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    what problem there is with not wiping them.... wait 3po could be wiped... partially.. like Rumblewagon said- it could be a partial memory wipe... or then he just tells how evil bounty hunter tortured him but forgets what he was asking :p since there is 3po is hostage crisis and there is also TODO... i'm really expecting much confusing continuity errors from this episode[face_worried] .....

5. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Yes, this episode does look like it is risking continuity. Especially with Padme being around since her and Bane hadn't met before Hostage Crisis.
    ^Well, that sounds familiar...

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Theory: If Padme does appear and sees Bane, there are possibilities. Either he won't know she's a senator, or she'll only catch a fleeting glimpse of him, or she'll arrive later to save the droids. :p

If this episode isn't so much about action as it is about plotting, I'll be interested to see where they take Bane. I was pretty impressed with the Holocron Heist, so I wonder how a kidnapping would work. [face_thinking]

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Stealing a holocron: very hard.

Taking the entire Senate building hostage: that's harder.

Kidnapping Threepio: now that's just priceless. :p

I'm all for more Bane action, but I seriously doubt we'll get that from this episode. [face_whistling]

8. TogrutaJedi

TogrutaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    Looking forward to seeing TODO again.[face_coffee] I wonder if there'll be any foreshadowing for him..

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    QFA!!! :D

(Quoted For Awesomeness)

If there's one thing this series has succeeded in, it's making the Monkey Lizards immortally cool.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well that reminds me.... Hostage crisis has that odd scene with Bane flirting with Padmé... which is seriously very odd:confused: - considering that Padmé's looks should not be very attractive if you are duros (actually i think Nute Gunray has described Amidala as "ugly human" in some novel)... well Bane is obviously kinda perv [face_laugh] - but calling Amidala "too young and pretty to be a senator" it was quite an insult towards other senators- especially Riyo Chuchi... who is apparently even younger (and i would describe her to very pretty as well:D) and Riyo is even blue[face_laugh] so that should actually make her more pretty in the eyes of blue guy... but apparently humanwomen are Bane's weakness:p

Still TCW has too much of these interspecies relationships Cut&Suu, Aurra&Hondo, Bith&arcona(in TCW-movie),Greedo&Twi'lek girl...... do anyone in the galaxy date their own species anymore? Well Padmé and Anakin, Satine and Obi-Wan.... and Ryloth had Twi'lekmen instead of re-used weequaymodels[face_laugh]

that depends on if this is the same TODO who blew up... or rebuilt model- latter one would make better sense since Holocron heist had scene that looked and sounded like first meeting of Ahsoka and Jocasta... but they seem to know each other in assassin8-}

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    What in the Twilight Zone are you talking about, Swashbucklingjedi?

Ziro, the Hutt, will not be interested in any human females as Karen Traviss describes Hutts as being asexual and having no attraction to human females (or other species for that matter) - this despite having Twi'lek belly dancers (but social and decorative purposes). Inter-species relationships would be more plausible if such relationship were capable of procreation.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING... i said nothing about Ziro- I WAS TALKING ABOUT CAD BANE:eek: I actually mention his name there: B-a-n-e= Bane and i also call him "blue guy"- where do you get that Ziro there i said absolutely nothing about him:rolleyes: - and it's Cad who calls amidala pretty!

And apparently Karen Traviss knows nothing about interspecies relationships - since she specifically claimed Twi'leks are not breed compatible with humans and they are according to TCW:p Ziro however could be interested in anyone or anything -i wouldn't be surprised... still Traviss info is canon if nothing conflicts with it- so hutts are asexual having only male or female personality that are not clearly defined- especially in the case of Ziro:rolleyes:

I just said that in TCW there is abnormally much interspecies relationships of romantic or sexual nature that is quite an odd:eek:

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I don't recall Traviss writing about Hutt human obsessions in any of her RepCom books. Is this from any of her clone wars novels?

14. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    The TCW movie novelization, she describes how Hutts regard humans and how Jabba keeps belly-dancer Twi'leks around for decoration and to flaunt his power, but doesn't regard them as attractive.

15. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    While it does make sense I can't see how that jives with how Jabba pulled Leia to him, raised a glass and told her that she "would learn to appreciate" him in ROTJ.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    But i was talking about Bane[face_tired] ....

17. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Perhaps just a way of exerting his power and domination over her.

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm actually really liking this episode so far. Sure, its not actiony yet, but still, I thought the droid spa and the banter between 3P0 and the Mustachio vendor was hilarious. [face_laugh]

I like how this episode shows that there is a human side to Star Wars and its not all politics and people blowing each other up. It almost feels as if this is the serie's Thanksgiving episode or something.

I wonder if this is something of a test run for Seth Green's sitcom we've been hearing about...

ALSO: The Holocron arc from S2 takes place BEFORE Hostage Crisis.

I'm not even gonna say anything.

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    [face_laugh]

How I miss the mischief and mayhem R2-D2 and C-3PO usually find themselves in. And here I thought C-3PO would the one who'd get them into trouble. Instead, it was R2-D2.

Threepio, your vocabulator is as loose as it has always been and will always be.

Say what you will about Bane, but he's thorough.

20. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Ah, where did you hear this?

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Slow, painful episode. That sums it up. :p

I'm not going to talk much about this episode, because a lot of things bothered me. Too many questions and there were some glaring continuity errors (not canon, but the things in the animation work).

Droid spa? o_O
    Cad Bane having difficulty torturing a droid.

Yeah, I'm going to stop here.

This is before Hostage Crisis because of Bane wanting "Senate Building" plans, but he didn't attack the senate building. And Jabba wants Ziro out of prison because he knows things that could harm him or something.

22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    This episode was a lot of filler but there was a lot to like here.

-The Hutt Council scene at the end was very cool and set up next week's episode.

-Always great to see Threepio and Artoo again

-Any chance to see more of Coruscant, whether is be the streets or the rundown works sector is a good one.

-The droid spa design was impressive.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    So yeah, I don't really care what anybody elses opinion is on this ep, I thought it was fun. I'd rather have nonserious episodes like this than boring Padme politics.

Next weeks looks amazing though.

Cad Bane sent to assassinate Ziro, Obi Wan and Quinlan Vos sent to take him back into custody... and since its confirmed this arc takes place after the Holocron arc, this leaves Bane's fate ambiguous.

EDIT: The opening narration shows Bane at the helm of the Separatist cruiser. Though I always thought Hostage Crisis to be Palpatine's introduction to Bane, being so impressed with what he saw he decides to utilize him. This means that next week could actually feature Obi Wan killing Bane... although I want something dramatic like Boba Fett or Anakin killing Bane, I just want an epic showdown to the death next week.

24. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    I liked the droid spa, was a nice bit that never occurred to me before but didn't really seem out of place. [face_peace]

25. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I don't exactly know what to think of that episode. I think I'm going to have to watch it again when the west coast Cartoon Network feed shows it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.