main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 308: Evil Plans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    Oh god I've really been trying to stay positive about this season, I was expecting things to really improve as we moved past the first third of the season but this is really just another pointless filler episode that didn't change anything about what we already know.

Now I loved R2 and C3PO interacting and the humor was good but the whole surrounding plot was stupid. Sending them out to buy fruit for a cake...great.

Also does anyone else not realize this creates a major and ultimately stupid destruction of R2 as a character. He was supposed to have his memory intact from Ep.1-Ep.6 and be the one to tell the story of the star wars saga yet they nonchalantly wipe his memory this episode with no explanation. Sure you can say that they just wiped the time that he was captive but the way they portrayed it was stupid and having R2 getting memory wiped at all was sort of leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

The concept of an R2 and C3PO episode was good and I loved R2 going to the droid massage parlor and getting who knows what done to him by those female droids was hilarious but the fact that it wasn't a new plot but a pointless exposition on Hostage Crisis that didn't need to be told makes me angry. The short scene with Jabba and the Hutt council was good and next week seems promising but I always say next week looks promising and every episode still leaves me wanting in one category or another.

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I'm glad to see the whole "who hired Cad Bane" thing resolved, and gave a good reason for the Hutts wanting him.

Now next week's episode, though.... hmm.... now that one looks wonderful. Other than Vos out of character.

Overall... an okay episode. I had really hoped the opening scene would show Cad Bane freeing Aurra Sing.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&gl=us&q=comic%20book%20guy%20worst%20episode%20ever#i=0

Seriously. Worse than Corruption. Worse than R2 Vome Home. Just awful.

Is this how simple TCW has gotten? Instead of dealing with the innocents of war and, well, WAR, we not have counting with droids. One, two, three, four! :mad:

Not to mention the continuity headache. Cad Bane has the Xanadu Blood, which places it after the Holocron Arc. But it has TODO 360, which places it after the Holocron Arc.

Under normal circumstances I would be excited after seeing the preview for the next episode. But at this rate Cad Bane will present Quin and Obi-Wan with a restraining order and bring the case before teh Senate. [face_tired]

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    An amusing little episode- though I think Artoo being so hyper-into the droid spa was a little strange for him.

Also, giving Artoo a memory wipe (albeit a small one) just seems to violate a major rule of SW to me.

Other than that, a fun setup for Hostage Crisis and the forthcoming Hutt stuff.

Though I'm surprised there wasn't any comment about TODO by Bane. If this episode is set after the Holocron Arc (a theory many have suggested), it's rather out of place to not address TODO's resurrection, even if it's just Bane saying something offhandedly like "Don't make me regret rebuilding you.". The lack of comment on that would suggest the original pre-Holocron setting.

5. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    This is just bad story telling to be honest.
    I normally don't care about continuity errors but it doesn't seem like they care at all anymore.Plus this has nothing to do with The Clone Wars and most of this season has not at all.

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Wasn't the greatest episode but you guys are overreacting way to much(surprise!).

It wasn't really necessary but it was a fun episode. The best C3PO-R2-D2 dialogue in who knows how long and the Hutt scene at the end was pretty cool to see and some nice different designs in there. Still this season is still underwhelming and they need to fix this quick before they lose more viewers.

Cad Bane still remains and amazing and interesting character, the guy is one of the few scene stealers on this show IMO. Him interrupting the Hutt council was great at the end.

Oh and it's obvious their minds were wiped of anything that happened during the time Bane got the information from them. They remember about their "mission" from Anakin and everything after it and before it besides Cad Bane. Don't know how anyone can miss that.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I forgot to mention about those points, fistofan. But I actually would like to see Hostage Crisis take place after the Holocron arc, because of him knowing Anakin in Hostage Crisis, and not in Cargo of Doom. Palpatine did hire Bane before these arcs, per that choose your own destiny book. But the issue I see with this is TODO 360. Why does it have to be that droid; make a new techno whatever the droid is and be done with it. It's not hard to make a new character out of the same model. In this episode, I lost count of the many previously used character models I saw on Coruscant and in Jabba's palace.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Was anyone else surprised that the Cartoon Network censors allowed the drinking Nikto in the alley scene? He was quite conspicuous, chugging on that bottle...

9. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Instead of Obi-Wan...maybe Vos? Could make sense...What a way to introduce him!

10. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It just pains me to watch episodes like Landing at Poin Rain and ARC Troopers, then this. The TCW team could do so much better!

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I assume he has more then one TODO and possibly has a copy of his personality backed up... but who cares, only takes a second to retcon.

12. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Disregard my previous statement. I mistook Hostage Crisis for the Holocron Arc.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not sure if this episode was intentionally trying to channel the old Droids cartoons. R2's adventures in the spa almost seemed like a homage to his similar escapades in the droid harem of the episode, The Great Heep. IIRC, R2 was shirking his duties then too, while 3PO got himself into trouble.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It could have been anything, but most likely, yeah, it's some sort of alcoholic drink. The model used for it resembled something I've seen before in an episode, which was some type of wine. Senate Murders probably.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, namedropping Aruk was pretty cool.

Still, this is the first time anyone has tampered with Artoo's memory, AFAIK. "Artoo never had a memorry wipe" has been one of those long-standing things. Maybe they recover the memories from TODO in the next episode?

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Well I have no idea why I haven't thought of that. That would be amazing and a total fanservice moment...

Bane obviously knocks out Vos at some point in the battle, since Vos is absent from the battle scene in the teaser, and Obi Wan is wielding two sabers, one of which is most likely Vos's, which Bane later takes from Kenobi and duels him with. Kenobi could subdue Bane, force him to surrender, and gives Vos back his lightsaber. Vos gets pissed at Bane and kills him while he is down.

[face_praying]

17. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    That was cute but unnecessary. Don't really have much to contribute beyond that, this was not an episode with much depth.

18. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    "What? He was gonna blow up the ship!" haha But yeah! That'd be pretty sweet, I think. Here's hoping...

Anyway, I'm gonna add to the collective broken record and say that as a whole, A) This episode was completely unnecessary as we didn't need to know how the Senate Building plans were stolen to appreciate the fact that they were stolen, and B) This show is called the Clone Wars and we haven't seen any indication of that at all, once again. I'm all for the dynamic duo getting an episode to themselves...but this is on the heels of 4 girl power episodes that followed the same trend of ignoring the war. Nothing happened this episode, and hardly any secrets were revealed. Bane got the plans from R2. This info could have easily been added to the newsreel of the episode back in season 1.

Please, let next week's episode not feel so unimportant too.

19. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    That would be actually be pretty awesome.

One thing I forgot to comment on: Seth Green is horrible at voice-acting droids. Can't they do the Grievous or Battle Droid treatment on his voice or something?

20. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    Here's what I don't get though: Does it really matter? [face_whistling] It's just a minor (albeit amusing) robot minion at the end of the day. I personally could care less if it's retconed or not, droids are expendable for the most part aren't they?

Also got another question for people: Does the droid spa step on any established EU droid spa before it? Perhaps one with an long, convoluted, detailed backstory that some manages to have ties to the main characters of the Sage no matter how contrived it might be in the long run? [face_tired] (Yes that was very sarcastic and mocking on purpose. But I'm done. [face_mischief] )

21. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    That's what I think every week.

(Although this one just wasn't up to par)

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Wow. That really brings back memories of the old droid cartoons.

While normally I find the idea of an episode having a point or not to be kind of silly (especially in the Clone Wars. Taking a planet doesn't affect the plot any more thana shopping trip really), I did find it hard to care. I was expecting something to shed new light on the Senate Attack.

Well, there kind of was...we now know the motivation to rescue Ziro. I thought they were going to punish him...I wonder what he knows that kind get the Hutts into trouble...since they are openly criminals after all. Awesome to see the Hutt Council, and I think some of the names were from the EU.

Almost strange to see Anakin and Padme actually act like husband and wife.

23. Drunk_Lando

Drunk_Lando Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2010
    I found this episode...........I don't know. Wasn't good, but wasn't that bad. The ending with the Hutts saved it from being completely worthless to me.

R2 felt out of character to me. R2 and 3PO were told to get the fruit and get back. They knew about the party. If they wanted to go to the spa, I'm sure Anakin and Padme would have let them go later.

I miss the narrator intro. Was a reason mentioned why Bane need Padme's droid for the plans? Couldn't he have gotten them from anyone or any droid? And plans would be easy to get I would think. It would be the security procedures that would be the main thing Bane needs, and there is no reason why R2 or C3PO would know that.

24. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    Same here though I'll admit that this one was just filler, pure and simple filler. Though like the other ones I've had things I liked and disliked about this one (the droid spa, the little robots at the end going yay! That amused me :p ) I'd give this a 5/10. A So Okay Its Average in the best possible meaning of the phrase, besides MORA TODO! As for those that yap about "MORA battles!!1", please stop. [face_plain] I personally got it the first hundred times or so and I'm getting a bit sick of see what amounts too the same comment over and over again.

25. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I just wished they could have explained how Aurra was freed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.