main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 308: Evil Plans Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    I personally think she freed herself, Aurra has the skills and smarts to do it in my mind to pull it off. And if that doesn't work for ya... well how do you think she was freed? Does the show have to explain every little detail about the what the characters go though? Isn't that the EUs job?:confused: Not a jab at the EU there people, just a simple question is all. [face_plain]

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Hey everyone! I have a new no.1 hated episode! Isn't that great!

Seriously, this episode alone failed my expectations from the future of this show. If S3 continues like this, I will give up completely with the show. I am so sick of these crap episodes with bad stories.

I had stated that I was willing to give up the show if Kit Fisto didn't ignite his saber again. Well, scratch that. It looks like things will conclude for me very soon...

terrible job TCW Team. Absolutely aweful.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I had a little mini-cheer for that :p

Honestly, I really enjoyed this episode. It wasn't without its little faults, but overall I enjoyed it. Fun little episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing Quinlan Vos in next week's episode :)

4. TheLucasAdvocate1992

Aug 14, 2010
    to Paraphrase the Critic: FINALLY, POSITIVITY, HONEST TO GOD POSITIVITY! [:D] :p

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    If filler is the EU's job, then why does this episode exist? If we could fill in the blanks that the Senate Plans had been stolen, why did they need to show us?

6. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I was very disappointed in this episode. There was no tension in the episode whatsoever because we already know that Cade Bane gets the layout of the senate building by hostage crisis. At least next week there will be some sort of tension and we dont know what will happen in their hunt for Ziro after hostage crisis.

I found it very slow paced and again, I felt this sense of "missing" season 2 and early season 3's heavy action episodes. I like the occassional filler episode with a small amount of action (Assassin, Sphere of Influence, Senate Murders) but now this is just getting ridiculous! I can't wait for next week!

The only pros of this episode:

-2 new original species in the market. I really liked the hammerhead one.
    - Hutt Council and a reason why Cad Bane gets him out of prison in hostage.
    - The return of Cad Bane, though he had no "action" roles
    - Scenery of Coruscant
    - Actually finally seeing a Roonan character speak/ have some sort of a role.

I really didnt like how they didnt show how Aurra Sing got out of jail. Does she just magically appear in hostage crisis? Bad writing IMO. This whole episode was just poor writing. TCW team can do SO much better than this. (Geonosis arc, Clone Cadets, ARC troopers, etc)

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I really hate the recurring problem of them saying Bane attacked the Senate Building. :oops: He attacked the Executive building.

8. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Kind of disappointed with Season 3 as a whole so far. Too many episodes that are prequels to earlier season episodes. It's nice and all to see how they got to some points, but the majority of those have been either political or sneaking around with little action. Clone Wars is at it's best when they are working with a Jedi battling or the big clone vs. droid battles.

All that being said the episodes themselves haven't been bad, just not what I wanted. Today's episode's strong point would be the Artoo and Threepio interactions, and it's always nice to see Threepio work in the middle of a job he was made to do. All we've seen up till now in practically every work in the EU has been either Threepio being a nanny or being thrown into combat situations. So him using his vast knowledge of those 6 million forms of communication to plan for a specific species' specialty dinner was nice. Then Artoo giving himself up to prevent Todo from dismantling Threepio was a great way to show the comradarie between the two. Another good thing, more Padme character models, looking very nice.

9. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    I couldn't help notice the repeating species in the background seems coruscant is only inhabited be 3% of the galaxies species.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Especially since the new, better looking alien shopkeepers really stood out.

Though, there are limits to how many models they can produce for random background population. Some Humans, Roonians and Muugans would have been nice...but even then there might be problems I am unaware of.

Speaking of models...I think Jabba got a newer model this episode. At least an updated skin texture.

Edit: Wait, Senator Aang?

Considering the show Filoni worked on before this....[face_laugh]

Why did he go with the movie pronouncetion though?

11. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Well I am glad Padme's dinner party went off without a hitch! I did not think my prediction for this episode would be so accurate unfortunately instead of Chuchi getting a massage we get R2 getting a massage! I do not enjoy seeing two of the most beloved characters in Star Wars tortured over and over and over again. I am Just going to pretend this episode didn't happen I cannot accept R2 had his memory erased that is just stupid that is so against the character they've established as being witness to the whole story. The writing has really gone off the deep end this season. I remember when Clone Wars about stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Hf4Zend_Q instead of dinner parties.

12. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Her escaping would have been a lot better then this garbage of an episode. Seriously what was that. The episode amounted to nothing. What has happen to the clone wars?

13. TheLucasAdvocate1992

Aug 14, 2010
    What? A droid like R2 can't take some time to get spiffed up? :p

14. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    An episode like this can remind us that we are not the main audience of the show. It was cute enough and showed some good R2D2 action but did little to full fill our minds with the tidbits of information we expect in a non-action episode. Though it did flesh out R2D2 some more we are more about fleshing out the non droid characters.

15. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    On his own time? Sure. On ours?...

16. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I actually liked this one more than everybody else. My expectations were lowered when I read the premise. I liked Artoo's day at the spa and that he sacrificed himself to save Threepio. I also liked a bit of the domesticity between Padme and Anakin and her actually choosing an outfit. Seeing all the other Hutts was cool.

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Well, it seems this does take place after the Holocron arc, as stated in the episode guide, and that Anakin rebuilt Todo in an effort to gain info on Bane, but he escaped in the process. http://starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode308.html

18. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Actually liked this one a lot. Reminded me of the old Droids cartoon, and why Cad Bane is a cool villain.

Granted the timing on this episode sucks (after a bunch of political episodes), but I enjoyed seeing R2 and C-3PO having an adventure again.

That said, come on guys, let's see some epic CLONE WARS action.

19. TheLucasAdvocate1992

Aug 14, 2010
    You are aware that you are 20th or so person to say something along the lines of "MORA CLONE WARS!", right [face_tired] Granted I'd also like to see a battle by now as much as the next person, I'm just getting tired of seeing this phrase pop up over an over again. Also if the preview was anything to go by we'll be getting it next week. ;)

20. Plyison

Plyison Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2010
    its cool to see cade bane being all bad a##!

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    According to the episode guide....

This takes place after the Holocron Arc and TODO 360 was rebuilt by Anakin so they could get more information about Cad Bane, instead TODO escaped and returned to Bane....

22. ElanMars

ElanMars Jedi Master star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    glad i'm not the only one that has been mostly bored with season 3 and it's mediocrity in storytelling. the amount of times anakin is with padme, well, everyone must be pretty stupid to NOT think they are more than just "friends".

instead of wasting time with stupid episodes such as this, they could have used the money and time spent on these and spent them on new character models and outfits (really, anakin ALWAYS wears his battle uniform?). jabba's palace looks awful. no bib fortuna at least? jeez.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That's pretty much the biggest issue with this series right now. They keep putting characters in situations where we know the outcome. While sometimes the journey is interesting, it certainly isn't always that way. The best episodes are the ones where anything can happen: Example: Grievous Intrigue. Tell me you weren't expecting Eeth Koth and/or Adi Gallia to die? Characters like Chuchi, Rex, Ahsoka, Cad Bane etc. offer far more because we don't always know their fate. But the desire to keep doing prequesl lessens that dramatically.

Honestly, the Baron episode was half interesting. Mostly because Chuchi was there and her fate was unknown. But as to the Baron and his family, we already knew the resolution to that since two of them appear in ROTS. Same with Padme, Bail or Mon Mothma ever being a target for assassination. It's why Onocanda Far was a bit more interesting but it also made it easier and obvious that he was going to die in Senate Murders.

24. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    The budget is all going towards modeling Padme's hair and making the complex physics for Jogan berries. Seriously though that is one thing I have been wondering about. Did they blow the entire budget for season 3 on Kamino and Shaak Ti or something? For something that is supposed to be cinematic every episode they have been really been skimping on the big budget special effects and action set pieces that Star Wars is most well known for. At this point I wouldn't mind going back to geonosis 2 or 3 more times if it helps save money so long as we can get some action.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well this episode wasn't bad- it cannot be -because it cheered me up:)

it was cute episode with droidhumour and always sympathetic classic droidduo.... what was out of place was that this was "The clone Wars episode" This was more like best episode of the "Droids" animation not "Clone Wars" at all.....

after politics they give something like this- they really want that see how all fans who like only serious and actionful side of the Star Wars- are suffering:p

Fortunately i'm not one of those- i do love epicness i like battles, tragicness, action

but fortunately i have also accepted the fact that Star Wars is childish- it's fantasy and not mature at all- not even when it's tragic -full of death and despair- it's more like myths and legends then- not suitable for young children but enjoyable for us who want to see epic battles and tragedy with escapistic fantasy setting - you don't still have to take it seriously-
    that's why i like it- and droids have been like that from the very beginning "oil baths" "droid torture" etc. It's just fan- not realistic at all- but fun.....

Still i want to see that tragic mythical side of the star wars in this series too- they managed to do serious episodes like rookiees- i am really hoping that end of this season is full of action and darkness instead of these "cakemissions" and "droidspas" they are cute and make me laugh and i love droids and their unrealistic but appealing culture..... still TCW-makers -some battles please- some epicness, death and despair[face_devil] ..... last time someone actually died it was Padmé killing smugglers... yeah i don't recall any deaths after that....

About continuity: episode guide tells us how TODO was rebuilt (By anakin- wow that jedi really is MacGyver of GFFA) and he escaped and apparently returned to Bane- so this takes place after holo arch- Buahahahah 2ndQuest- who was right?![face_laugh]

You mean next episode... since he surely was not bad*ss in thiso_O

Really when did criminals started to use exact terms?o_O ... executive building is senate enough for Bane....

This memorywipething is bit odd- but apparently Bane's droids didn't remain other memories than those within the last hours- droids remembered who they are- and even their fruitmission... so there is many kinds of memorywipes- like there should be- nothing unlogic there.... Holoarch happened before this- like i thought- supporting my timeline and changing 2ndquest's:p
    Still i agree that there was no tension- Aurra's escape- or Todo's own episode would have been better idea

One thing that made me sick- was re-used models in the streets.... several thousand Twi'leks there ... once again..... and weequays- surprise surprise[face_sick] ... new models were nice- like that vendor who swindled 3po... but seriously- suddenly 35 percent of coruscant's population are siniteens :eek:

and biggest plothole of all- no one saw nothing odd in the fact that Padmé has own jedi overlooking the party:rolleyes:

there is war in the galaxy and best jedi warrior ever- is overlooking production of cake- which purpose is to please senator to vote against the clone production8-} does it really make sense -come on?!? Anakin was not needed -actually r2 could have been at padmé's house without explanation.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.