main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 309: Hunt for Ziro Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Nov 10, 2010.

1. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Or maybe she popped him right in the eye and it was cut because it was too violent. I don't care how laser proof a Hutt?s skin might be I doubt their eyes are laser proof also. It would have been awesome to see her stick the end of the gun right in one of Ziro's nostrils and make a brain slushy.

2. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Just because we don't see Rotta's mother doesn't mean that she doesn't exist. We don't see Papanoida's wife but we don't assume that the Pantorans are hermaphrodites or reproduce asexually.

3. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    We can hope anyway. Something about the thought of Jabba once giving birth to a child kinda kills his street cred a bit as a gangster. It would be like Tony from the Sopranos giving birth to Anthony Jr. It's just wrong.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You're comparing two very different species. Pantorans are humanoid and Hutts are giant, slug-like, sandworms. If it's perfectly natural for a Hutt to reproduce asexually, then it would not ruin Jabba's street cred.

5. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    Whether they're hermaphrodites or not, maybe they just like the sex.:p

(That being said, imagining Mama Hutt in "compromising situations" is a bit too much even for my stomach LOL)

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Rotta's mother may exists but since there is no source i would say he is only Jabba's - that is possible according to previous EU-info about hermafroditic hutts- pantorans however are apparently nearhumans so that theory is quite a farfetched- there is sources stating that pantorans have sexes- either male (like Chii Choo and Papanoida) or female (Chuchi and Papanoidas daughters) (and it's quite a clear that they are very much like humans- only males seem to have beards and females have bigger breasts) so you cannot really compare them to non-humanoid hutts

Someone is talking naughty againo_O well anyway.... sexual reproducing is not only fun[face_laugh] - but also also better way to ensure good genes to the infant- if mother and father are the same little baby is technically copy of parent- but if there is mother and father infant has more possibilities to receive different traits from both parents- if inbreeding continues many recessive bad genes can take over and well that's bad... but genetically thinking sexual reproduction is better choice because of that:-B - it also means more diversity :p

7. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    "Come get me big boy? then she would do that thing when someone flicks their tongue between two of their fingers like the old lady in the movie Kingpin.

:eek: Yikes.

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It's possible that she may have been copulating in the episode, but her partner was completely enveloped in the many folds of big Mama.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    ^^^^^^^^^ So glad I decided to check in on this thread [face_sick]

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    People were complaining about the fact that a simple blaster bolt could kill a hutt like that. Well, looking closely at the scene, there's a pretty good explanation:

Two shots. One hole.

Sy really dug a hole through the fat and into Ziro's vital organs. And you know that if there's someone who's intimately familiar with hutt physiology, it's little Snooty. [face_sick]

11. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    Totally. Big Mama is probably a big name in the Hutt "adult holofilm" industry... Those parasites crawling on her skin were enticing.

12. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    I need 150cc of brain bleach! Stat!

13. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    That's what she said!

14. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Not any more than calling Rotta his "little punky-muffin" already does, anyways. :p

15. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    That never happened. Even if you can show me that it did it still never happened.

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Heh, for all we know, Hutts do it with their mothers.

Which would make them real bad mofos.

In that case I see no problem with Jabba's street-cred.

17. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    As Gardulla is back in the game, and even acting as Jabba's liaison on Nal Hutta, I gathered that she could be the mother of Rotta - if we want to assume that Jabba did not everything with and by himself...

18. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Wait...aren't Hutts hermaphroditic organisms, meaning they can self-fertilize? It doesn't preclude them from having a sexual relationship, but still...

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Allright guys let's make this clear- Hutts indeed are hermaphroditic slimy slugs- i think it means they got "equipment" of both sexes- i don't want to know exact anatomy of hutt's genitals[face_sick] but they usually have both in their body... still hutts tend to have sexes in their culture- i'm not sure if this is originally part of their alienculture or cultural change to be more "normal" in human and humanoid centered galaxy.... they have been in contact with non-hermaphroditic species thousands of years so change in culture would be natural ....
    so usually hutt chooses to be either male hutt or female hutt- they possibly can somehow control their hormonal levels- or then they use some stuff or drugs to change it better- that changes their voice and the way their body works either male kind or female kind- still anatomy of hermaphrodite remains... hutts can impregnate themselves (gross:rolleyes: ) or each other - no problem either way- real-life slugs and snails do the same- sexual reproduction however is better way because it creates diversity to the genes....

20. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Something tells me Ziro and Miss Lapti Nek never committed any act that would result in reproduction, even if their genders were compatible.

21. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    you serious. Hutts can choose their sex. thats kind of creepy.

22. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Many organisms are different sexes at different points in their life cycle. The fact that the Hutts are sentient makes it creepier, because it implies a personality shift with that transition. Or, their idea of gender is different than the human perspective because of its impermanence in their species.

23. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    i wonder what my personality would be if i switched gender?:confused:

24. FalorWindrider

Jun 7, 2010
    Eh...possibly, if you had hormone infusions.

25. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I think Quinlan was completely in character:p [image=http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/BarrissCoffee6/quinplastered.jpg] [image=http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/BarrissCoffee6/quindies.jpg]