main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 312: Nightsisters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
  2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Just noticed this on a re-watch...

When Sidious yells at Dooku -- the distinct sound effect used when Vader is choking Motti in ANH.

Well done by the sound effects crew!

The Force is at work!

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Last time when i brought up invisibility ideas Gry laughed at me[face_laugh] i don't even care what Talzin did- nightsisters are just simple tricks and nonsense.... still damn good tricks for a 'simple' ones[face_laugh] i'm more worried about upcoming arc[face_worried]

Isn't it odd- so-called Star Wars-fans are also biggest SW-haters- i don't think anyone bashes whole saga more than so-called fans- it is very individual which SW you like- but we shouldn't let it to become personal war and hatred as it so many times does-

just mention things like Empire Strikes Back, Special edition, Originals, Midichlorians, Jar Jar, Phantom Menace,Prequels, Hayden Christensen and the worst of all CGI- which is technically cursing word:p - all those flame up the war if you happen to add "I like " or "I don't like" before them.... i think we should be free to say our opinions without being attacked if opinions aren't the "right ones"[face_peace]

ok off topic but just thought that at the moment.....

Most people agree with me that Force shouldn't be too magical- but this stuff is nothing compared to upcoming arc what comes to magic- i'm very worried about that- could it be the first Lucas-made thing that i will hate?!:eek: .... wow maybe i can understand prequel-haters better after that- just trying to see light side in everything :p

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Swash, you're really straying completely off-topic there. Let's get back to the episode at hand.

5. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I actually really like all the magic. I know it's just the force, manipulated in a unique way, but seeing such a unique interpretation of it is cool. It shows how much wider the galaxy is, than just Jedi and Sith beliefs.

The force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.
    It only makes sense that it'd have as myriad of forms as live is diverse.

6. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    I really liked this episode. And I was very happy that they didn't rain all over EU continuity, like they usually do. However, I do seem to remember in a comic that the Jedi who found Ventress found her after she lost her parents, not after she lost another master (master of what?). Am I wrong?

However, this does invalidate the Obession comic, doesn't it? At the end of that story, Dooku pretty much says the same thing that she's been nothing but a disappointment to him, and orders her execution, without any involvement form Sidious.

I hope the season can stay at this quality as S3 has been a real let down, at least compared to the very good S2.

7. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Why is there a bunch of Zabrak males living on Dathomir?

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    According to the episode guide behind-the-scenes stuff, this is a result of Zabrak colonization efforts. Some years or decades ago, perhaps even centuries (we're not sure), a bunch of them from the homeworld set off to make a new home on another planet.
    They apparently made it to Dathomir somehow and each colony identifies the planet it establishes itself on as its homeworld.

Of course, if you're just an average fan watching the show without a care for EU matters and which-species-comes-from-where, it's a perfectly acceptable turn of events. :p

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Does anybody know the name of that 'brainhead' baby kidnapper guy who comes to take baby Ventress away from the sisterhood?

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hal'Sted, some sort of criminal.

11. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I was just playing Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels for Wii. I beat Plo Koon with Ventress, and he actually says something very close to "you will meet your end, if not from a Jedi than from Count Dooku." I thought that was crazy since it foreshadows what happens in this episode wayyy before it was even on the radar!

12. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks!!! (Making icons ;))

@ Tarkus: That's awesome! :D

13. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Hahaha yeah man my jaw dropped when I heard that. I was like "No way!!!" :D

14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    So, it's been a few months, but I was watching the episode again for something like the millionth time or something (What can I say, I liked it), and just tonight I happened to notice a technical glitch in the episode. The funny thing is it's right out in plain sight, but thanks to the magic of mis-direction, I don't think anyone noticed it...or if they did, they haven't said anything. There's not even anything about it on the IMDB which is a real shocker.

This requires a little setup, though, so bare with me a moment. First, the Nightsisters, from a technical aspect, are largely a cookie cutter bunch. The animators copied and pasted however many they needed and changed enough of their features like their boot heels, legging straps, and facial markings to look just different enough to not be identical. Three of them, though, as noted in the official episode guide, got their own unique appearances and names, Naa'leth, Talia, and Karis. The guide is even nice enough (if you enlarge the trio's picture) to tell us which is which. Specifically, even though she has her hood up, we see Karis is the one with the short blond comb over (for lack of a better term), because we can see part of it just under her hood. She is then more recognizable in the episode when she has her hood down because we can see her face fully and her distinctive hairstyle and facial markings.

Now then, she and Naa'leth and Ventress get sent on the assassination mission, fail miserably, and return home. As their ship comes in to land, we are treated to a wide shot of Mother Talzin and the other Nightsisters awaiting their arrival. To her right is Talia, the third named Nightsister with the short pony tail. To her left, is Karis! Wait, Karis? Karis was sent on the mission and is just now arriving home, and yet there she is standing next to Mother Talzin waiting for...herself to return. Same hairstyle, same facial markings. When Karis gets off the ship and reports how they've failed, the other Karis is coincidentally absent. Identical Twin maybe? We'll never know...

Of course people wouldn't have noticed it normally, because you're supposed to be paying attention to the central figure on screen, not whoever's standing next to her. I just seem to be making a habit lately in many CGI productions to pay more attention to what's going on in the background because evidently, you never know what you're going to see. I'm not even the nitpicking sort, really, I just am bringing it up because it was amusing to me.

15. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I NEVER would have caught that! Nice!

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha funny but in episode with such a many weequays double-Karis is not even bad error[face_laugh]

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Heh -- nice catch Sen. Kelberry!

18. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I noticed it when I was 'processing' the episode for icons. I don't think I've brought it up.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Hmmm..... Karis..... much like Maris[face_thinking] Could it really be that Maris Brood has absolutely no connection to Nightsisters?- She has white skin unlike normal zabraks yet she is Zabrak, force-sensitive, rides a rancor and has name much like Dathomiri......actually she looks more like Ventress than Sugi-

still since she has horns unlike the female dathomiri- it could be she is halfdathomiri- if her father is dathomiri zabrak and her skincolor is from her grandmother then -maybe her name also......
    but quite ironic coincidence really i don't think they at the time of making TFU knew about upcoming retcon about zabraks on Dathomir and they out whiteskinned zabrak to ride a rancor.......

Ventress' father is also mystery so we could retcon he is Rattataki and that Hal'Sted is somehow connected to him that would save part of her backstory besides it was not told why they had to give Asajj away- if that would have something to do with her father it would salvage more of her backstory......

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Great catch - now that's a continuity error that I don't blame them for missing![face_laugh]