main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 314: Witches of the Mist Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    THANK YOU!

Ok, now who thinks CT is full of ****?

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    When we met you, we were but the learners. But now WE are the masters! [face_skull]

[face_laugh]

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ...BANHAMMER EVASION DID IT!

[face_laugh]

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks for the fuzzy feelings fellas, and I too am sorry if anyone felt falsely indicted by anything I said!

Oh, c'mon, you big lug! [:D]

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, if Maul really is alive I hope we at least get a "whhaaaaaaaa?" moment out of Obi-Wan followed by a "I killed you! You're dead!" Robocop reference.

6. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I hope Obi-Wan will hit him with the almighty BANHAMMER! [face_skull] [face_laugh]

"If I find him, I will crush him, grind him into tiny pieces and then BAN him into oblivion" :_|[face_laugh]

7. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Agreed! :D

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's possible Sidious trained two brothers at the same time on some backwater planet, then had them fight each other when their training was complete to see who was the better, and thinking one was dead after the battle, decided to leave this world with his new apprentice to begin his campaign against the Jedi.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I was talking to a friend of mine, and he gave the most wonderful suggestion of what they could have done to Savage's creation process in order to make it feel less of a cheap and easy insta-Sith:

All they needed to do was to change the Nightsister ritual a bit. Instead of just some chanting, smoke and lights, it would require some actual sacrifice. You know, like all true conquests require. Where does Savage's newfound strength, power and abilities come from? From green mist? No, it should come from actual nightsisters. Nightsisters who trained all their lives, honed their powers and became fearsome warriors of their own right. Nightsisters who'd give their life to create this monster. Their life essence, their powers, their experience, their Force, would move into Savage, making him this awesome warrior in an instant.

You get what I'm talking about? A price for this amazing shortcut. Savage's power wouldn't have come from nowhere, powerful beings would have given it to them, sacrificing themselves. This would also mean that this is not a process the Nightsisters could just repeat again with somebody else without a second thought. It's a terrible ritual, a costly one. It would also create quite a striking dark scene, but not too dark for the show, I believe.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

Yes, I like this. Way better than the green mist steroids.

I get a big laugh out of anybody who complains about the show being too dark or inappropriate for kids, it's just ludicrous.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Glad you liked it.

And this idea would even add another layer to the whole Frankenstein vibe they were going for, because then Savage would have actually become the combination of several different people into a single formidable beast.

12. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh don't worry, I'm sure he'll be upgraded to Maul 3.0 with Darth Maul's 'spirit', so he can have Savage's power and Maul's skills. You'll get your voodoo eventually... :p

But yeah, that would have been really great. Very dark for a kids show though.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Just made me think of Temple of Doom. They could get Mother Talzin to say "Kali ma! Kali ma! Kali ma, shakthi deh!".

This time no Kate Capshaw.

14. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah I totally agree! That would have been a great idea and added even more depth to the character's background. Haha now when he inevitably reappears I'll be pretending he has a Force-magicks-infused axe and some Nightsisters died to create him. :p

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    It wouldn't have to be too dark. They could make it very graphical or very subtle and the end result would be the same.

16. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Agreed, there have been way more graphic scenes in this series than what would have been necessary for that to happen. All we really needed was some Nightsisters seeming to pass out (maybe after a little screaming :) ) and lying there dead. Keep in mind we've seen Jedi tortured to death on this show with no cutaway. Or Cad Bane shooting a Senator point blank and plopping to the floor for getting too mouthy. Etc, etc.

17. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm not saying they couldn't show it. It would depend on how.

Also, Barriss and Ventress impaling clones...

18. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Haha we should make a thread for the most brutal examples. I remember there being lots of awesome stabbed-in-the-back-by-a-lightsaber shots in season one...

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ...STOP!

BANNER TIME!

[face_laugh]

You gave me an idea! We should really make a banner with all these brutal kills!!! Ventress kissing & stabbing clone, Grievous stabbing Trandoshan scavenger in the back, Ventress doing the same to the traitor in 'Cloak of Darkness', etc. etc. [face_laugh]

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    NICE. I remember the best example it was a human being stabbed in the back he just had the perfect :eek: while the lightsaber was sticking through the front of his chest...I was like damn, this show is serious. I think it might be the "Cloak of Darkness" one you're talking about. If I think of any other good ones I'll let you know! :D

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You have Tal Merrick, for one, killed by Anakin while Obi-Wan and Satine merely stand around doing nothing ([face_talk_hand] I'm kidding, guys, I like Obi-Wan).

But yeah, didn't Ventress impale a guard when they sprung one of the Seppies?

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    but there WAS a sacrifice -Savage himself and his brother[face_skull] Savage's own soul was sacrificed for power

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Feral was not sacrificed, he was merely killed as a test of loyalty. And Savage's soul was not exchanged for power. We don't even know if his soul was really affected by the process, or merely burried in the mind control. His power came from water of life or whatever. Just not a very satisfying scenario...

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    i don't think sacrifice would have made it any more satisfyingo_O they should stop messing up with magic now[face_tired]

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Haha you do realize they're Force-witches, right Swash? It's not like the Wicked Witch of the West in Star Wars or anything... There have been Force-witches on Dathomir in the EU for well over a decade.

And yeah still agreeing with Gry on the Nightsisters sacrifice. It would've made for a more meaningful...and ominous...scene and backstory for Opress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.