main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 314: Witches of the Mist Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Actually looks like George wants witches to use magic instead of the Force.... anyway i'm familiar with many EU-concepts but that is not same as accepting them- i don't care about EU i dislike- dathomiriwitches are supposed to be forcewitches in EU but you know...... they don't seem to use Force in this series..... i dunno i just meant enough magic dammit- first politics then magic come on- both can be there - we just have have some balance between them and some explosive action with soldiers and stuff added there it is what SW have been all the time- even this series...... until they decided to do these marathons- first politics -ugh- now magic with at least 6 episodes in a row:oops:

2. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    It's the same concept - a group who see themselves as witches without necessarily realizing their powers stem from the Force, otherwise they wouldn't be using he word "witch" to begin with. The fact that they don't talk about it as the Force like the Jedi and Sith do is part of what makes them unique. They're Force-users just the same, these aren't Robert E. Howard or H.P. Lovecraft or Edgar Allen Poe stories we're talking about.

And also season three was definitely not all politics before this arc, I see that as a hyperbolic statement. Even if you do want to interpret this and the next arc as "magical," they're "magical" in completely different ways. Force-witches which already existed and supposed Force-gods that may just be part of a vision have way more differences than similarities, not the least of which is the amount of interpretive liberty granted to the audence.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think it's really the green mist (whatever that may be) combined with Force ability is what they use as their magic. But I wonder if all this ability enhancing magic is temporary. I hate the fact that Opress is this big lumbering brute compared to what we saw he was before the spell. I hope it evenutally fades and he reverts back to his former self.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.