main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 315: Overlords Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ZOMG Savage is being promoted to ARC now? [face_hypnotized]

And here I was, thinking it couldn't get any worse than having two Mauls running around... :oops:

[face_laugh]

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Okay, are any of them guys (Father, daughter, whatever)going to fly in the air (without changing into a creature)? Are they going to float/levitate? So if they are not going to do that, what makes them so special? The Chosen what? Sorry, if I'm not following, but this force stuff is all the same. Swing a sword, force push here and there, electricity hear, talk about great power (that one never sees, and if they do anything big, the fanbase here start scremaing over powered, but complain when the force ain't used in a situation, and then, well bring in the hardware, thats what they have done in every era. Not too interested in this arc, looking forward to probably the one afterwords.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    That's some very hasty criticism, even by my standards. We haven't seen more than brief glimpses of this trio, how are we supposed to know what displays of power they have? The only thing we've seen them do is metamorphose, and that's already a pretty big deal. For all we know so far they could fly, teleport themselves, travel through time, or destroy suns with a thought!

4. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well here's a thought: how about that infamous power to stop people from dying?

Doesn't seem like an insignificant power to me.

Maybe Darth Plagueis paid a visit to these guys.

5. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    I was thinking more on the "Origin of the Force" and I can't help but wonder if they are actually talking about how the force came around or how the first sentients learned how to use it. Perhaps these guys taught the first force users how to use it. Granted this could be very dangerous ground with the Celestials, Red Sith, Force Wars, and Rakatan but it could be intresting.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The trio (at least the Son and Daughter) in the preview are shown just as much in their "metamorph" forms than they are in their humanoid forms. And as humanoids, they really don't look all that much alike. I'd be curious to know if the "metamorph" is actually the true form and the humanoid form the assumed form.

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    My apologies if this has already been addressed by someone. I posted this one Rebelscum.com when the Qui-Gon preview was first released, and I only joined up here today:

I think this ?Mortis? trilogy may indeed explain a lot about the nature of the Force... in a way that is beneficial to the universe. I think that Mortis (meaning in Latin, of death) is in fact the Netherworld of the Force spoken about by Yoda in Revenge of the Sith. There is no evidence to suggest that the Netherworld is in fact another plane of existence as one would assume, but rather ? in typical Star Wars style ? it could literally be a planet or world. Qui-Gon says in the preview that it is a conduit through which the entire force of the galaxy flows thus making this world a unique occurrence in the galaxy. The ?family? of Force users could in fact be the ?deities? of Star Wars who oversee the entire progression and the will of the force. The ?wizard? could in fact be the parallel of God, whilst the Son and Daughter are the parallels of both the Devil and Angles respectively. During the course of the arc I would assume both the Son and Daughter will battle for control of Anakin?s destiny, which will in turn determine his path (like the illustration of a devil and an angle on ones shoulders to convey ones conscience). This world is also where the spirits of all dead beings reside thus explaining Qui-Gon?s apparent existence whilst keeping true to Yoda?s line ?returned from the Netherworld of the Force?. After all, as per Qui-Gon?s dialogue, he can?t see ?real world? events, suggesting he hasn?t being able to obtain immortality... he can merely appear in ?Star Wars Heaven?. Given this worlds uniqueness I would image it could only be accessed by either the intervention of the ?Father, Son and Daughter? thus why Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan seem bewildered by this place and are seemingly unaware of its existence.

If this is indeed true I think it would be awesome for Luke to be drawn to this place sometime after Return of the Jedi to seek guidance from the Old Jedi Order. Imagine Luke sitting in that crystal cave with Mace, Kit, Plo, Aayla, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, etc, etc all talking to him and giving him wisdom...

8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I've been doing that for weeks now. :p

Oh and yes Savage is becoming an ARC Trooper.

9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (petty spelling error pick up, go!) Well, I know what ARC Troopers are...but what the heck is an ARC Troper? A clone who frequents TVTropes? :p

Ohhhh, I'm terrible, terrible. Terrible, terrible damage. XD

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The ARC Troopers should find out what kind of armor Savage is wearing, he's pretty much blaster proof.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I've been noticing. I was just not sure whether it would be impolite to point it out.

And Koonfan, I expected better from you. [face_not_talking]

12. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Okay, so I'm confused -in the preview, when Qui-Gon says that thing about the Force flowing through the conduit, has it been confirmed that he's talking about the planet itself? :confused: I'm not sure if I missed some key context clue (I have minor hearing loss; don't blame me :p) but I had assumed, when I first heard it, that he was talking about just the place where Obi-Wan was. I think that it was due to all of the crystals around Obi-Wan, which made me think of Ilum.

13. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Eh..... I'm nervous about this. This better not mess with things we already know about the force too much or a lot of people will leave the show (and the Suite Life is Already crushing you as it is)

I mean come on Lucas...learn from The Crystal Skull....and Spider-Man 3 don't touch up anything when you're past the high point...

Oh, well maybe I'm worried about nothing, after the episodes that people dreaded turned out good. It's the ones that looked kick ass that had the problems [face_laugh]

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Every now and then, we just have the urge to speak an incredibly lame pun with an incredibly lame basis. :p

It's quite interesting that we have almost no idea what this trio could be. Are they previously normal beings who achieved enlightenment of some sort? Are they THE cores of the aspects of the Force? Are they avatars, something like 'angels' and messengers?

Ahh, possibilities. [face_laugh]

15. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Maybe they're the Gods of Star Wars? [face_worried]

16. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Or maybe they are a manifestation of the Force itself. For instance maybe they are the Force taking the form of beings so the person they are taking to can understand... like in the movie Contact.

I believe he says, to paraphrase, ?this planet is a conduit through which the entire force of the universe flows?. I believe he also labelled it as ?unique?.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Consider:

"I have encountered a vergence in the Force. Located around a boy. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians."

I know, I know, midi-cholrians ARE NOT the Force, but they are certainly intimately related. So, Mortis is a Force conduit, a place where the Force converges, and they need Anakin to decide the balance of power there...

Did these guys create Anakin?!

18. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Pretty cool ideas here. And I agree, this family seems to be living embodiments of the force.

19. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Ah, I thought he had said "this place," and I had taken it to mean the one location. I'll have to rewatch it.

Edit: Qui-Gon says the "conduit" thing in response to Obi-Wan asking "What is this place," not specifically "What is this planet." However, later, he does mention "This planet is both an amplifier and a magnet."

It really does remind me of the caverns on Ilum... I wonder if we'll see another Adegan crystal mine.

20. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Beat me too it... yeah it is rather vague however I would bet he is talking about the planet...

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, and this guy is called 'The Father'... [face_hypnotized]

I sincerely hope the miraculous conception will remain a mystery, but you might be on to something there...

22. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    ...you mean they might actually be going the route of

Anakin: So why do they call you Father, anyways?
    Father: Because (clears throat in order to do his best ESB Vader impression) I am your father!

...when they said they had Original Trilogy references coming, I guess they weren't kidding... [face_mischief]

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    They talk about "The Will of the Force". (I think, really tired right now).

They say "the Force is with us/you". That always seemed to imply some kind of Intelligent Designer/guardian angel kinda thing; i.e., you act correctly, the Force will be with you, if you choose poorly, you might not have the Force with you.

So in my pre-PT days, I always thought someone like Luke or Obi-Wan would have a better connection to the Force the more Jedi-like they acted, and vice-versa for Vader/Palpatine.

How this ties into the Father/Son/<del>Holy Spirit</del>Daughter thing, I don't know.

I am very nervous for Friday.

24. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    What if they talk about the Will of the Force because they're the W(h)ills?

I'm tired too. :p

25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah, this arc has the potential to explain all of the various pieces of information about the Force... the Netherworld, the midi-chlorians, the ?will of the Force?, the ?Whills? and the prophecy of the Chosen One... lets hope they don?t wreck this opportunity.