Clone Wars The Clone Wars: Episode 316: Altar of Mortis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Darth_Tarkus Jedi Master

star 4
    I fully agree on both points, friend. :D
  2. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'd be curious to know why the Son's "Force lightning" got changed. In the trailer for the latter part of season three, there are two short clips of him shooting the lightning at both the Father and Daughter. In the trailer it is purple like Palpatine's, but in the final cut of the episode it got changed to red.
  3. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I liked the purple one better.

Still my favorite episode though! [face_peace] :D
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
  5. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Looks like there IS need for more Son-icons after all:p yeah odd that change - maybe they just wanted to make clear Son is not actual Sith
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm glad someone bumped this because I watched it last night and appreciated something I don't I've noticed previously. In the beginning of the episode, when Anakin refuses to go with Obi-Wan to talk to the Father before trying to rescue Ahsoka, it's a perfect parallel to Anakin refusing to go to Obi-Wan for help when he's having his problems with his marriage and the Jedi Council. Of course, like most parallels in Mortis, it doesn't work if you stretch it out to include the context of the entire arc, but it works nicely as a microcosm.
  7. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Gha Nachkt's fart works nicely as parallel of the Empire if we just forget the context it was in:p
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
    Gha Nachkt's fart actually works better as a microcosm-parallel of your hatred of Mortis. It's forgivable because it developed naturally but it's still annoying. [face_skull]
  9. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Gha Nachkt's fart was obviously parallel of upcoming Mortis-arc....
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I wish I had the Son's ability to just knock someone out by tapping their forehead.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Your interpretetion or your fart?8-} :p

Ok seriously what i'm saying is that Mortis can show anything and we can find it to be an awesome parallel- could be that was intended to be parallel of Anakin not accepting help of Obi-Wan but could also be that it was just coincidence and not necessarily intentional....

I wish i would have Father's ability to erase memories just like that:p
  13. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  14. DarthPhilosopher Force Ghost

star 4
    Swash, no offense, but don?t you have something better to do other than criticise the Mortis arc? If you hate it so much why spend your time here tempering yourself? I enjoy this arc and even I haven?t the time or need to praise it as much as you condemn it.
  15. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Well at the moment i have not much to do:p it will change though- hopefully after summer....
  16. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    When there is nothing else to do i can bash Mortis:p Seriously we have posted quite a many pointless posts in this thread for now maybe it's better to stop now.... i have nothing to say about Mortis for now at least....