main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 316: Altar of Mortis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    but similarly it could influence to test if he tells the truth about the Force so he could've lied about that as well.... but i don't think it would've ruined the test- only make it less interesting and less epic- but father was cruel when he did so at least and he was not perfectly honest..... not that he should've been..... but that pretty much questions all his comments.....

then of course he may have a wrong view of the Force himself- perhaps he underestimates the darkness in his son and accepting it dooms himself and his daughter- attachment blinds him and he is unable to see his son is evil... one possibility for now we didn't really see much of the siblings we only saw that father loves them both and keeps them in balance and thinks that Chosen One would replace him.... that was not his destiny obviously- so does Anakin kill them both or is it so that both sides are not needed for balance after all? We may see in upcoming episodes..

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He also said: "Only you can make my children release them."

He's no liar after all.

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    While that is a valid theory I don?t necessarily think they would be using this opportunity ? which they have said finally tells us what the Force is about ? to be feeding us lies which only further conflict the continuity of the Force. I think the Father is obviously correct about their needing to be equal of both light and dark in the universe, however I think he is misguided as to what Anakin?s true destiny is? to destroy the Sith (the source of evil in the universe) and thus allow balance.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    so he is not only lying but also contradicting himself- his later comment indicates that Anakin would've been able to save another even if he wouldn't have been the chosen one- the chosen one can control both but it gives the impression that someone could've been able to save one of the prisoners but only the chosen one can release them both- or at least i understood it so- Palpatine for example who symbolically killed his Griffin or Yoda who throw his Gargoyle away- only Chosen One can release both but releasing another is not enough it just proves you are damn powerful- Father was pretty sure Anakin is the Chosen One still he didn't tell the truth- IMO lied- 'white lie' maybe but dishonesty anyway

if one prisoner and one child holding him/her is enough to define the chosen one- why to take two prisoners -just because he wants to be cruel? He is not making perfect sense anyway either he lies or then he just is one more guy with these "point of view" wisdoms to explain his crazy actions.... or then they just did write this bit badly.... once again.......

this was just the first part of the trilogy we have seen- just like original trilogy changed the truths of the first part with sequels- this may do the same- entire ANH-background was based on Ben's lie- Vader was Luke's father- we learned that only in second part and last part also told Leia is Luke's sister- only hinted briefly in previous 2 (like Bespin scene where we see Leia is Force sensitive and we hear about another hope) and Vader was not fully consumed Anakin
    as we learned in Rotj
    So saying that to be feeding us lies which only further conflict the continuity is not very good argument what comes to SW- from that point of view Lucas have been 'feeding us lies' all the time- PT continued tradition as well as TCW...
    judging the OT only by ANH gives very different picture of it- just is this trilogy- we have seen the first part- maybe second part makes things more complicated

i just said maybe Father was like Ben- he to

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    5,000 quatloos on the Son!

6. DarthFootball

DarthFootball Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Anyone else see the MTV clip and get a distinct "Eye of Sauron" vibe from the opening shot?

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I was about to say that actually..... so yes i get that from the first preview- this tower of Son- or whatever...... is definitely like that tower from Mordor.... well Mortis and Mordor... resemblance is obvious

8. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Just watched the MTV clip of Asoka and the clip from the official site with Son....both were awesome!

Question: Why is Asoka all...cracked? Or was that veiny? Is that a hint that it is actually NOT her?

-JR

EDIT - Please stop discussing the preview clips here, there's a thread for this. - Gry

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I zoned out in ninth period Trigonometry today and had this whole daydream about the next two episodes.

Anakin's duel with Ahsoka ends with him killing her. The Son approaches him and begins to taunt him about how weak she was. Anakin goes bat**** insane and beats the living hell out of the Son with his lightsaber, possibly killing him. The Daughter approaches Anakin and commends him for siding with her in the end, before he turns around and has the red eyes and color scheme of The Son. The "Psycho"- like music from the Grievous appearances in the microseries begins playing, and he e strikes down The Daughter and then goes to the citadel to kill the Father, where Obi Wan attempts to stop him, only to be killed like he was in Episode IV. He kills the Father and stands on the tower of the Citadel as the dark side consumes the entire planet.

Suddenly, Anakin awakens on a medical frigate screaming. The Republic forces were attacked by a Separatist ambush at the rendevous point in Overlords. Obi Wan and Ahsoka are alive. Anakin relinquishes his duties as Ahsoka's Master out of fear of what he saw in the dream. After everyone leaves Anakin in the room alone, the Father appears. Anakin demands to know who he is, and he describes himself as a member of the Order of the Whills before leaving Anakin, stating the Whills have an eye on him.

[face_thinking] a daydream... or VISION OF THE FUTURE???

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That sounds much better than what will actually happen.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Insider already spoiled the synopsis for these episodes.

12. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Don't tell me what happens, but is my daydream anything even remotely like whats gonna happen? Just a "yes" or "no" question.

Though I know the Whill thing won't happen.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No. :p

14. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Well... is it a satisifying conclusion or is it just some bullcrap "lol everyone lives happily ever after" deal?

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

SPOILER!!!

No, Anakin betrays the Jedi, murders younglings, the entire Order is basically destroyed, Padme dies and Anakin is dismembered by Obi-Wan, but he survives.

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    No it didn't. It just gave little previews of each episode like it usually does.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The outlines of the episodes were spoiled. Basically after this episode, Ahsoka goes back to normal it seems.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Isn't that kind of predictable?

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That is absolutely true, yes.

Even ignoring Ahsoka, you know Obi-Wan and Anakin leave somehow.

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This is a non-spoiler thread, GG. I'm surprised that the moderators haven't done anything about your post(s).

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I didn't specifically say what was revealed. As for spoilers, I mainly discussed the outcome of this episode that might transition to the next.

Not exactly going overboard. ;)

22. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Two things.

Starkiller's voice is distracting.

Did they really need to do such an obvious LOTR rip off with the tower?

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'll have to wait until the morning to watch the episode.

Comcast just doesn't want to work tonight. :p

24. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Not too much of a fan of this one so far, but once again I see influence from Joseph Campbell. The small creature that seduces Ahsoka represents her subconscious, which is often visually represented by some sort of animal, being the most carnal of thoughts and feelings everyone has. I wouldn't say the son is "possessing" Ahsoka per se, but these things she's telling Anakin during the duel (stop calling me Snips, you criticize too much) are her actual thoughts that she never wanted to express.

25. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Yeah I wasn't too big on this episode, but that doesn't matter since next week's looks like the greatest thing ever created by a human being.

This one was too confusing and didn't seem to have alot of symbolic value to it unlike last week's episode.