main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 317: Ghosts of Mortis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 7, 2011.

1. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    You know what I've just realized I'd forgotten to be excited about in this episode? If it's visions of the future, won't we probably get to see visions of a future we haven't totally seen yet? Perhaps clues to the fate of Ahsoka, and perhaps Rex?

I mean, it would be kind of weird for Anakin to flash on his fate and not see any Ahsoka there. He'd be all, "What happens to my Padawan?" and the Son would be all, "You know, I'm still working on that. I have an outline of what happens to her in my drawer but it's ultimately George's decision" as a mystical Filoni-style hat briefly materializes on his head, and then dissolves in flame as he gets all explosively ticked off again.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think anything pointed that way- Lama Su mentioned they have to stretch DNA but remember Senate murders- clone production will increase instead

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I don't know guys, Im really liking this arc, and thiis episode looks like it's going to be great.

I hope that we get either a glimpse or at least a reference to Darth Vader.

And judging by the preview, we might just get it.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    not spoiling further but i see a very clear reference already I'm hoping for positive surprise- anything cool will do:p ....

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Dang it! Stop talking about the preview!

You're supposed to avoid spoilers in this thread.

*sigh*

I'd better stay out altogether. [face_frustrated]

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yep it's problem but it's kinda contradictory with idea of preview.... it shouldn't be this spoiling as it is now... i've seen only the one that came after the episode i won't watch the new clip since it is straight from the ep.... if there will be "bonus preview" i don't think i'll watch it either.....

7. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Is it so hard not to talk about the preview? We've had several mods explaining in this thread that the preview is not to be discussed.

This has been happening so often lately that I'm considering no longer posting in the episode threads before the show airs, which is a damn shame because I love the speculation.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    it is:D ...... because preview is from the episode and you've seen it and you know that is part of it... when talking about the episode after seeing the preview you automatically think the episode differently and well you know more about it- it affects your speculation no doubt.... but shouldn't preview feed the speculation instead of killing it? It's not a spoiler- it is preview and i love to speculate after seeing the previews but i try to do it in preview-clips thread then... preview is very closely linked with the episode so it is kinda odd that you cannot talk about it in episode-thread.... but i get your point- those clips are spoiling[face_peace]

but still could we just use black boxes to hide preview's info in speculations- so we could speculate with and without spoilerinfo from previews in same thread?

9. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm perfectly fine with black highlighting. I can't speak for anyone else though.

The thing is, there's a difference between speculating and flat out stating that your speculation is based upon the preview. Which is what he did.

If you want to speculate upon the preview, then by all means, do it in the preview thread. Keep this thing 'clean' for us non-spoiler people to speculate. That shouldn't be so hard.

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    To paraphrase Orn Free Taa from Voyage of Temptation: I think we can see and agree that there are two sides to every argument.

And like the voluminous Senator, I suggest we go eat some fried nuna. Take our minds off things. :p

11. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    koonfan, I'm not reading your post, because I'm sure it's chock-full of spoilerific spoilers, you spoiler-spoilering spoiler-spoiler. [face_skull]

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh yes in the preview clip son offers fried nuna to jedi....[face_laugh] not really[face_liarliar] or i dunno.....I haven't seen it:p

13. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Uh...no! The Fried Nuna isn't stuffed with spoilers or deadly assassin probes! Nonsense! Why would it be? [face_worried]

[face_laugh]

I'm not sure if there's much non-preview to contribute to the speculation at this point. At least not without wondering about the futures of the characters, like just what the heck they'll be thinking of or if they'll remember any of this. :p

The safest I know of, though, is the brief shot from the second-half-season-promo. Anakin briefly engages the Son in that one, I'm sure we noticed.

The easiest 'hero formula' answers are that Anakin uses his mad Force skillz, or the dagger might make a return. Or might we get a metaphorical solution?

Or heck, who's to say he'll even get a full-out victory? [face_thinking]

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm thinking we'll be ending this trilogy with some sort of storyline that will parallel the ending of the saga, just so we can end on a 'positive' note, like every arc or episode does. I'd be thoroughly surprised if it ended on a disturbing note, but who knows. The episode might be largely disturbing, then end in anti-climax. [face_laugh]

I've only caught a brief glimpse of the preview, not enough to have any concrete idea where this is going, but what I did see was enough to make me turn it off real quick. I didn't get spoiled all the way, so I had no idea that we might see what you-know-who said about you-know-what. I did get the impression that this episode has potential for disaster though, but we'll see about that.

And by the way, I know for a fact there's at least one person here who hasn't seen the second-half-of-the-season-preview... ;)

15. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Not sure I like the fortune cookie..

16. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    If spoilers aren't allowed at all on this thread before the airing, I'm not quite understanding why we have this thread up this early.

17. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Aber zum spekulieren natĂĽrlich!

Das ist doch selbstverständlich! :p

Disclaimer: I am not German. (Not that it matters)

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    this thread is usually made right after ep guide and preview are up so it feels like this would be place to discuss about them:D ......

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I don't really care what you think at this point. We clearly explained that FOR THIS TRILOGY AND THE IMPLICATIONS IT BRINGS, we will NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT be discussing the previews in this thread. The preview clips as a general policy are only to be discussed in the video clips/previews thread.

Next person to violate this rule gets banned for 24 hours. And that 24 hour period will begin on Friday.[face_shame_on_you]

20. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    And yet... it isn't. ;) Information from previews are often heavily spoilerific, so it helps to keep it contained to the preview clip thread.

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They're all odd. :p

22. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Ouch Garth.

I just don't feel any real importance in this episode, and I'm not really excited for it.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    My patience apparently has bounds.

24. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Obviously, not everyone feels this way. ;)

I, for one, am really excited for this. I'm not expecting huge surprises, but who knows! This whole Mortis thing is incredibly interesting. It's a fantastic break from jedi vs. droids and the usual pulp.

Don't get me wrong, pulp is good, but this stuff is really layered. It's like watching 'Mulholland Drive' 5 times in a row, and having a new theory about it every single time.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I just feel like its dragging on. It started out good, but the second part just didn't click at all with me.

Obi Wan finds plot MacGuffin, Daughter dies, Ahsoka acts like Harley Quinn, and Sam Witwer pulls off his most angsty role yet.

That is all I really got from it. I was really interested in this arc when it said it would explain the nature of the Force. But after watching the first two halves, I really don't feel like I want to know so much. Somethings just work better as a mystery.