main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 317: Ghosts of Mortis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I would have assumed that from you Swash, since I'm aware that you like Evil Plans, but I'm still curious about what CT thinks.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Are they? o_O In fact i think they aren't bone but kind of cartilage instead like ears or nose- in fact we can see in AOTC when Shaak Ti activates her saber how her montrals wobble a bit- while it may be error due to costumisation it's still canonical scene- so montrals aren't so hard as horns they are softer material and less heavy than having huge skull.... i wonder what Twi'lek or togruta skull looks like- Twi'leki lekku has part of brain so is it like human skull with holes atop.....

Well i think they just didn't think it further.... i guess they supposedly have bit stronger muscles and still some neck problems sometimes..... weak neck-muscles- possible evolutional proof of human ancestors?
    I still don't buy that aliens with such a striking humanlike appearance would be just "humanoids"....

What was so horrible in Plans it had Artoo and 3PO like old times- droid torture was seen in ROTJ and all very OT-like episode...... CT pretty much hates all episodes with even a bit childish plots- but well i would also like to know did he hate Mortis EVEN more:p so CT which is worse- Jar Jar as jedi, Joogan Fruit or..... MORTIS[face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] ?

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't think Togrutas could live very long with a neck that slim for a head that heavy. As soon as the muscles begin to atrophy with age their neck is pretty much waiting to snap.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well i guess we solved Ahsoka's fate-issue- her montrals grow too much and snap[face_skull] ...... maybe it's not that heavy it looks or then they have surprisingly small but strong neck.....

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Textbook anti-climactic ending.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And he got his hand cut off, and the people he was trying to save ( minus Han ) were freed by Lando and ended up saving him instead. There is a lesson which he may have learned there.

Luke may not be dogmatic with respect to attachment, but he no less dogmatic than earlier Jedi with respect to the dark side, having put their dogma into action. What primarily defines the Jedi is their aversion to use of the dark side.

That's why it seems notable that the Jedi do not actually tell him to kill Vader. They use other words, including face, confront, and stop.

I don't see any evidence that the will of the Force was to destroy the Jedi order just because of their policy on attachment. Such an order still creates a net positive effect.

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Honestly curious... why exactly do you think Overlords is so bad that 'Evil Plans' is better? And I mean Overlords specifically, not just Mortis as a whole.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Evil Plans is right up there as one of the worst. To be honest, I don't think I watched it all, I turned the channel at one point. At least I got to see C-3PO tortured. I find the idea of droids torturing droids awesome.

I still place the Mortis trilogy as the worst episodes in the history of the show, the very concept is anathema to me and that it dragged on for three episodes is probably what clinched it.

If they somehow turned Evil Plans into a trilogy, maybe that would put it over the top.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You mean right down there right?

As for me, nothing can be worse than The Academy. [face_sick] I can stand Evil Plans because of the various Cad Bane scenes, particularly the Hutt Council bit at the end. Mortis is currently in freefall down the list of preference, don't know where it will stop but at this stage it's gonna be pretty close to the bottom.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_laugh] Well I can't argue with that logic.

Really? I would expect Corruption or Supply Lines to rank lower for their comparative lack of action. At least The Academy has some good action in with the politics/civics.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The Academy sucked

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Trying to break your own personal record for most productive post, GG?

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Action in an episode means nothing if it's poorly choreographed and executed. Combine that with the fact that I hate stupid kid detective plotlines and the excruciatingly painful voice acting for nearly all the Mandalorian characters and you've got yourself the winning formula for a Grade F episode.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not a voice-acting connoisseur. What was so bad about the action?

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't understand what you mean by that, Tarkus, but I don't think you were here when we discussed about the Academy. I took many breaks from TCW during its third season, both the first and second halves of the season. Pretty much the Academy was the first TCW episode I turned off half way. It just sickened me.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There's nothing wrong with you and fanboy hating The Academy, but I could go on and on with specific things that I liked about it, while so far I've gotten a lot of strong verbiage but zero specifics from you guys about it. This is a problem I seem to run into rather frequently on these boards.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Mary Sue Ahsoka

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not following you...

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    At the beginning the action was clumsy and awkward, like Season 1 footage. Then when Ahsoka leaps out of nowhere and completely destroys the police you have to wonder "How did these guys get to be law enforcement if they fight like that?" Granted they're up against a Jedi but still, in a galaxy filled with all kinds of threats they should be trained to handle most types of criminal, that including the Force-sensitive eg. Dark Jedi who can pop up out of nowhere to cause chaos. A pacifist society still needs law enforcement that can actually maintain the peace, resorting to violence if necessary, rather than become corrupted by greed.

Actually speaking of corruption, "herp derp corruption buzzword let's slap it in every other sentence derp derp" gets a bit old after the first 5 "corruptions". Find a thesaurus or something guys, seriously.

There's also the fact that Ahsoka at age 14 or so is a complete master of martial arts and executes every move flawlessly. That gets a bit old; if she really is a Padawan not like the Jedi equivalent of those 12 year old Asian kids going to college then we should see her mess up her timing or whatever.

EDIT: Oh, and Mary Sue = Super Character Shield. Here's Wikipedia's definition:

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That is GG's auto-response to anything Ahsoka related. It's like a nervous tic. Attempting to get any reasoning will only result in a headache for yourself.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Why you distort my words?:_|

I said AS GOOD AS so neither is better- what comes to quality in my book Evil Plans=Overlords got it- as good as or as bad as- neither is better that's what i was saying... it's just that episodes were as fun to watch- both had D'oh moments but at the end i felt same "Not totally crap- but they can do much better" plots were totally different of course but entertainment value was same that's what i'm saying......

cannot remember how much i gave to these eps in ratings...... my ratings seem to change from time to time:D but right now both eps (Plans and Lords) were worth of about 6,5 so it's 7, Bombad Jedi is about 7,5 so it's 8 what comes to full numbers so Bombad is better- simply because it had more entertainment value- it's next episode to rewatch so i tell more about my relationship to it in that thread- it's far from my favorite-episodes still i understand why so many dislike it- but i don't......

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well I'm not picky about animation at all, so that part of it is no problem to me. Many complained about the animation in Downfall of a Droid and Duel of the Droids but I never thought they looked that different from the rest of the season.

I totally disagree with you that there's something wrong with Ahsoka taking on 4 - 6 guards. She got them by surprise, if I recall correctly they only had short-range weapons (no blasters), and, as you said, she's a Force-user. If 4 guards with staffs could take on a Jedi, now that would be disappointing. I wouldn't expect the average cop to be able to take on a Jedi or a Dark Jedi just because they're in the Star Wars universe. Her whole life is centered around her Jedi training, and her focus on the Force and letting it guide her actions is why her motions would appear so fluid.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Considering the fact that GGrievous is great fan of most overpowering Gary Stu villain ever (CW-Grievous) i don't really care about his Mary Sue complaints anymore[face_talk_hand] - if Ahsoka is Mary Sue then old Grievous in CW is something we cannot even describe with such terms it's much worse than just character shield he has:p ok totally off-topic here

If that would've been only problem with those- it wouldn't have prevented me from giving a full ten- but it's still noteworthy that those eps are ugliest ever made and also bad as episodes.....

I agree with you in this one Tark... whatever you're now..... but that was not the worst part of Academy either- Almec's sudden sadism was over the top and kids sneaking around government warehouses:rolleyes: .... and teacher in tubetop[face_beatup], superholoidentificator .... need I say more? It was simply ridiculous- Ahsoka kicking the *ss of mandoguards was not what irritated me- it was everything else..... Satine had nice aquarium though.....

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It's okay, UNLEASH YOAW ANGAH, Swash! [face_skull]

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Sorry 'my lord'- I'm not in the mood for that right now.......:p