main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 318: The Citadel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    That was probably my favorite episode of TCW yet... however abruptly it ended.

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    He sounds like Christopher Walken.

3. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    That Episode was just fantastic. :)

4. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    New favorite episode of the season. Just so much classic Star Wars fun.

Rex with the shot in the camera was so minuscule but so awesome at the same time.

No new episode next week though which sucks. I hate when they break up arcs. Though it looks like it will be worth the wait.

5. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Nearly everything about this episode was flawless...

...but a random carbon freezing chamber suddenly in the Jedi hangar?

6. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Finally we are back to the clone wars. This was great. I loved it.

Only problem is Two Weeks?

7. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Good episode, but once again conversations with Ahsoka not only slow the pace to a crawl, they are poorly written and seemingly meaningless. Never nothing new as she once again doesn't listen and it doesn't matter. Still don't understand Obi-Wan's need to undermined Anakin every chance he gets when it comes to Ahsoka.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think there's a continuity issue here. Anakin and Rex said this was the first time they've been frozen in carbonite. However, that happened to them in the comic digest Shipyards of Doom, and in that digest, Anakin and Ahsoka made references to the duel she had against the Magnaguards on Tatooine as happening rather recently.

The reference to "Do as I say, not as I do" - that seems to be the standard for Jedi training. Obviously, Anakin chaffed under that, while Ahsoka downright breaks it.

Nice reference to hibernation sickness on Obi-Wan's part.

I can see homages to ANH - the small blaster sentries on the walls and the Death Star prison corridors.

As for Tarkin - he only appeared in the last segment, so there wasn't much of him in this episode. However, there was enough to see the creators conveyed Tarkin's arrogance across well. But that's it. Didn't see him looking down on non-humans, nor did I see any of the steel he seemed to have in ANH. By steel, I mean what he had that allowed him to face Vader and even order him about without flinching. That's the one thing Tarkin and Thrawn had in common - both could face the Emperor and not flinch.

However, I think we all have to agree that Tarkin's concerns from a tactical point of view were valid.

9. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Great freaking episode!!
    I was hooked from the beginning and I wanted it to keep going for another 22-44 mins.That is why these episodes need to be longer,and now we half to wait 2 weeks for part 2?.Im suddenly getting a Season 2 scheduling flashback.

10. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Loved it... first time we've had clones in battle since way back at the start of the season.

All in all - one of my favorite episodes.

11. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I must say, that's the first episode of TCW I've thoroughly enjoyed since Hunt for Ziro. The sense of tension, adventure, fun and danger that I like when it comes to this show was heavily prevalent. Though certain things were pretty obvious, it didn't take from the fun.

- Of course Ahsoka was going to find a way to join the rescue effort.
    - Of course there would only be an entrance that only Ahsoka could enter.
    - Of course Tarkin and Anakin would have a rocky meeting.

Tarkin's general distrust for Jedi from the beginning was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to the next episode and seeing how their relationship develops...be it good or bad.

As I said before JAT was putting in major work this episode playing Obi-Wan, Plo and the Separatist Commander. That man is so talented. On the off chance that he's reading the boards, excellent job as always, JAT!

Good episode that didn't suffer from the darkness overload this show has been soaked in the past few weeks. Keep it up!

12. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    That.. was... AWESOME!

Clones..squee! [face_blush]

13. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Cool little moment with Anakin before being frozen. He stands just like Luke whilst he was walking the plank in ROTJ.

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ahsoka was definitely not needed

Better than the previous three weeks. I need to rewatch it again to see if I missed anything. Besides Ahsoka, I dislike the "Captain" Tarkin.

I noticed that issue between Shipyards of Doom and this episode. I do feel they reused the same plot from Shipyards, and it's very noticeable. Anakin saying carbonite freezing will help them to stay hidden from scanners, telling Ahsoka to say back, but Ahsoka of course does the opposite and stays, Obi-Wan telling Anakin off and allowing Ahsoka to stay. Sounds like they're running out of ideas for stories. The Piell torture reminded me of Cad Bane torturing Ropal too. Also the droid wanted info from Piell, and Piell wouldn't give it to him.

15. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Shipyards of Doom was an abandoned script for TCW and they liked the concept enough to actually go through with it.

I honestly don't give a crap about TCW tie in media continuity.

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Finally security battle droids show up, been wondering why they haven't been in the series yet.

17. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    And I am sure there are plenty who do. Me personally? I haven't read enough to form such opinions.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It was, although don't forget that comics are canon too. The issue with them using the Shipyards plot is basically it's like the characters involved in this TCW episode are reacting previous events. Nothing new there

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Pretty good episode. I loved that they threw in Tarkin. He's only a captain in the Clone Wars? Was he demoted or something recently? I remember reading he was responsible for the creation of the Death Star. I guess that discounts the EU storyline that I read back in '87. I can care less if it did or not, but that was one thing I always figured he'd played a part in and that I liked about him.

20. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Well at the end of ROTS he is seemingly showing it off to the Emperor and Vader.

21. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I like that Obi-Wan pointing out to Anakin that the very things that annoy him most about Ahsoka were traits he had as a Padawan is something that they reinforce. It's not like that alone is something you can make an episode out of with no other ideas, and it seems very realistic and relate-able. Of course the Masters would give that Padawan to Anakin, making situations like what recurs between the three most main characters of the series (I think) the logical outcome of a logical decision. If it was something that just happened once in the series it wouldn't create the same dynamic.

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Meh. It was okay but far from amazing. Nothing kept me on the edge of my seat and there were lots of missed oportunities.

The Good:

- The dialogue from Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka was pretty good.

- There was certainly a healthy dose of action. Hooray for the return of commando droids! :D

- Even Piell acted just as I imagined he would. I'd love to see him used more often in the future.

- I liked the return of the doctor droid. I was pretty shocked when he threatened to poke Even's only eye out. [face_shocked]

- Di anyone else notice that the laser cannons in the detention area were the same from A New Hope??

The Bad:

- C-3PO's scene was totally random and took me completely out of the moment. What was he doing in the Jedi Temple?!

- The whole carbon freezing plotpoint as a while. First of all, no hibernation sickness? Secondly, why did they directly contradict Shipyards of Doom by having Anakin say he was never frozen before? It's like they're going out of their way to screw up continuity at this point!

- Echo an Fives, two of the most fleshed out characters in the show, had no interactions whatsoever?! :confused:

- I didn't get why the warden ordered the droid to be blasted. I didn't even fully get what the droid said to tick the commander off.

- Tarkin being Even Piell's captain seemed really random. He seemed shoehorned in just like Greedo.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. Another episode filled with missed opportunities and disappointments that coukd easily have been avoided.

23. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I have a feeling this arc is gonna end up tieing into the creation of the Death Star. Perhaps Tarkin is acting as Palpatine's link between the Republic and CIS's operations, he's obviously up to something.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Have to admit, I did think of some of these too. C-3PO, like Ahsoka, weren't needed. Carbon Freezing, depending on how long some living being is frozen, I think has been said the longer someone is in there the more likely hibernation sickness will develop. I didn't understand the warden's motive either. Tarkin is no Jedi's captain, and he himself is no captain either. If they were going to use Echo and Fives, they could have done something.

Did anyone notice that Rex and his team lost a redshirt clone named "Charger," and Cody lost a clone called "Longshot." :oops:

25. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.