main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 319: Counterattack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Ziro + SY Snootles. @};-

2. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    Even Piell already survived to just after Order 66. Just saying :p

3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Anyone else like that were not getting spoiled at all for this episode? Only one short preview from the official site that showed practically nothing, no extra previews from other sites and no official site story semi-spoiling the episode.

I'm pumped for tomorrow night.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That sucks- i actually hope EU-conflict this time- kill Piell TCW-team please- there is too many order66 survivors already- and Bultar Swan can be killed too IMO

Maybe if there is Death Star printed on Soka's bare back[face_laugh]

5. Drunk_Lando

Drunk_Lando Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2010
    What do you mean by an Order 66 survivor? Just because you weren't killed on the first day doesn't mean you survived Order 66.

Going by Wookieepedia, Piell was killed by Stormtroopers months after Order 66 was given, but I believe it was still in effect. So technically, Piell isn't an Order 66 survivor.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ok i thought he had even more time after order66 but still he should be council member still in ROTS and he is not.... so i think he will die in this series and old death is non-canon after that but i don't think they kill him in this arc- far too early- but maybe future seasons.... but if Even is alive and well during ROTS it's not too farfectched to say Ahsoka is ok as well- i wouldn't imagine any jedi would leave place in council to another if Piell won't leave the order or something- why he would leave the council and still continue his work as jedi- makes no sense to me.... so since he is not in ROTS he should be dead it's only reasonable option to him if he won't be kicked out from the council but then he has to mess up badly[face_laugh] .....

7. Websinger2

Mar 31, 2010
    It wasn't even months IIRC, but only a couple of weeks before Piell was killed by stormtroopers, which just goes to show us more of the Great Jedi Purge. And with Bultar Swan, she also only survived a very short amount of time before being killed by Vader. Let these people survive to reach their already canonized deaths, since they were actually well done moments that serve the purpose of showing more of the Purge, and killing them off now would serve no purpose except to disgruntle more people. Not sure why Bultar Swan was brought into this, she's not even in TCW yet.

And Jedi are allowed to leave the Council if they wish. They wouldn't be forced to stay on. He was also a member of the Council of First Knowledge, one of the other three councils that aren't the High Council, and chose to be on that council instead of the High Council. It's not far fetched to say he chose one over the other, since he was training an apprentice at the time as well and probably felt the First Knowledge Council was better for him. But we digress.

This episode looks good, and I'm glad they haven't spoiled us with too much.

8. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    In the expanded universe, Tarkin does take a mistress ( a young admiral Daala), so he's not above cheating. In this episode, Tarkin will get Jilted by Ahsoka because Ahsoka doesn't want to see a holo-movie with him (she's only 16 and all, as you all said. But Tarkin blew up a planet. I don't think he really cares about other people). It'll flash to the future, where he convinces the emperor to put in place anti-alien policies in revenge.

Secrets Revealed!

9. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I'd say it is possible Piell starts to disagree with the non-pacifist actions of the Jedi, and therefore he feels he can no longer properly represent the Jedi. It doesn't seem like his character though.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Tarkin is a pacifist/wants the Jedi to be pacifist? :confused:

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I assume that's something in the previews that we're not going to discuss in here?

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

14. Websinger2

Mar 31, 2010
    Oops, my bad :p, didn't have a copy at hand. Still not particularly long though.

15. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Uhm, no, that wasn't in any sort of preview. No idea what he's talking about, really.

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Holy crap, that clone trooper got split in half.

And not by a lightsaber.

17. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    From the opening scene, we just know that it's going to be one of those days for the Jedi.

Good resourcefulness on the part of Artoo and his troops.

Poor Echo. Fives is the only one left from their unit.

18. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I think I'm going to cry.

EDIT: Yep. :_| RIP... Echo..

20. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    This is going to end up being my favorite arc. It has the flashiness of the prequel trilogy with the writing and heart of the original trilogy. So great.

ECHO :_|

21. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    I can't believe that just happened.

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Echo.. *censor censor* WHY!!?

I mean, I was expecting something would happen... BUT IT ACTUALLY DID.

This is the most emotional I've felt watching Clone Wars..

23. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I have a pretty strong feeling Rex will go next week. In order to keep his appeal from going stale and to focus marketing efforts on Fives, who is now alone (:_| ) he'll go out in a blaze of glory.

24. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Really surprised that happened... but since we can't kill anyone "important" since they all survive to ROTS... a lot of these clones we don't see later have to die to keep up tension/drama.

RIP Echo...

25. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    PLEASE no.

I've shed enough tears already... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.