main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 320: Citadel Rescue Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In the inevitable TCW Special Edition that will come out in 20-some-odd years, they'll use one of the other versions of Osi's death. The Special Edition Episode Guide will confirm that one to be his true manner of death.

Incidentally, since Ahsoka will then be denied her Citadel arc kill, they'll redo Even Piell's death and have her kill him, after he gets rabies from an Anooba. That will also be the "true" death.

2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    *grave nod*

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    *cemetery nod*

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    *under the dirt(or in this case lava) nod*

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    *wishes he wasn't so tired so he could come up with a witty nod*[face_tired]

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    *six feet under nod*

*nods while kicking a bucket*

*nods while pushing up daises*

I'm not sure whether we've run out of metaphors or not, but Barriss's idea is hilarious fanfic material. [face_laugh]

7. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Chances are George will be dead in twenty years so there won't be a TCW special edition.

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I believe it's been established that he'll have himself frozen in carbonite, only to be unfrozen once every year to decide on the course of Star Wars and mess with EU.

This was established in Vector of Confusion I think.

9. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Sorry for getting off topic, but when George does eventually die, I really hope that Katie takes over. A female perspective could really be a great influence on Star Wars.

10. ChrisMathers

ChrisMathers Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    Herein lies the problem which Piell's death is just another part of: when George Lucas gives license to an author, he is essentially saying "Create whatever you want within the context of the universe I invented, taking care to follow whatever specifications I decide to give you. You may use whatever I say you can use. You may NOT use whatever I tell you not to. But if you follow my directions and the story is okayed, than anything you create will have the weight and bearing of any one of my movies for this reason and this reason alone: you don't own anything I create, save for permission to use it, while I own everything you create, because I own the sandbox you build your castles in. And therefore having given you license to create it, I still own it, but my sandbox now has new castles. And in exchange for the profit I stand to gain through the creation of your work, I implicitly agree not to contradict your work - anything I don't like, any constraints that keep me from pushing forward with my own new ideas, are my own doing for giving you license in the first place. This unspoken understanding between us will result in continued profits for myself, the ability to publish fiction for yourself, and this mutually beneficial agreement will attract new fans, and please existing ones."

So yeah - Lucas should do one of two things. Either STOP dismissing Dave whenever he brings up the EU, or STOP printing games, novels and comics.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    ^ This

Very well done good sir. Good show.

12. KelDorMaster

KelDorMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    Haha I agreed with all of this. I absolutely loved this trilogy

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    After reading through (most) of the 20 pages of postings, a few thoughts come to mind:
    -If I ever care enough about the EU, I better be prepared to take some Anger Management classes.
    -I suggest a new thread called: In Rememberance of Steamrolled EU. Never Forget!

A few quotes I ran across that I really liked:
    Hear! Hear!
    Very funny! And In my Very Own Personal Canon, Ahsoka is the true Chosen One. I don't care what those prequel films say.
    I would purchase this Special Edition in a heartbeat.

14. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Two things:

1. LucasFILM authorizes the creation of EU, not Lucas himself.

2. Lucas has said numerous times that the EU is not his universe, but a different universe or "sandbox" so to speak.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    maybe third ending was the too obvious "You've failed me for the last time Commendant Sobeck!":p

Haha- Filoni has many times said a lame parable by saying George is like the Emperor and he is Vader- so if George dies will it be Filoni throwing him to shaft? [face_laugh]

George:"Now 'Expanded universe'- we'll finally get rid of you!"
    EU-fans: "Nooo Filoni pleeeeease!!"

not seriously- George has made only one change i think he shouldn't have done- that damn Greedo thing- i prefer new ESB-Emperor and Anakin's ghost and all but that Greedo shooting first thing was ridiculous...... TCW will probably never be redone in SE but if so they would need to focus on background aliens, effects and music instead of changing happenings themselves that's really stupid......

16. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I enjoyed this episode.

I didn?t expect Piel to die for obvious reasons, so I was very surprised, I have no problem with him dying in the clone wars especially since I found his other death to be lame and a complete waste of a powerful jedi. Now all we have to do to put the universe right is to say that the clones killed a Lannik Jedi Master wrongly believed to be Master Even Piel or as someone on these boards suggested make it Even Piel the younger who was killed.

What on earth is everyone?s problem with master Tinn?s line; it doesn?t contradict anything, there hasn?t been a war on this scale since the brotherhood of darkness fell a thousand years before in the pre existing (or ?old?) republic.

Random Thoughts:-
    The fight scenes where some of the best of the series, Master Piel?s form four skills where very impressive and very Yoda Esq.

Due to his complete lack of flash Anakin always looks a bit rubbish compared to his fellow Jedi.

Never thought a lot of Tarkins voice.

The command structure could do with clarifying.

The official site said that Master Piel was a senior member of the Jedi Council, hmmmm.

The seeds of the darkside have indeed been planted in Tano.

As far as I?m concerned Plo Koon simply meant it was obviously the will of the force for Tano to join the mission.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah don't get it how EU-fans like GG didn't understand that it was obvious EU-reference and logic- of course old republic means pre-Ruusan republic. No one called current republic "old" yet....

what are you thinking ?:confused:

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Those aren't the only seeds that have been planted! ZING!![face_laugh]

19. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    [face_thinking] Just that previously we where told that only Mace & Yoda where Senior Council members & as such more powerful then the other council members, If master Piel is also of that level (as I mentioned he looked very Yoda Esq before been surprised) then it seems possible that at least one more Jedi is on their level, which I find intriguing because I thought the gulf in class between the big two and the rest of the council was huge based on ROTS, most likely the other senior members are killed before ROTS.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Good that i'm not the only one twisted enough to find that choice of words in Overlords somewhat hilarious[face_laugh] - especially when it was done by Anakin.... have something inappropriate happened between Skyguy and Snips and Ahsoka is just feeling guilty?..... haha... hey back to topic now guys- crazy theories like that go to "Ahsoka's fate"- thread:p

Really Anakin is much like big brother to Ahsoka- nothing else than master and brotherfigure- I know .... just joking[face_monkey]

... but still... right now quoting them from Sphere of Influence makes me laugh hysterically: We do it all the time, don't we, Snips? - Yep ......
    [face_laugh] My goodness i have dirty imagination[face_beatup] ... sorry:D

now back on topic.... cough cough

Do you think upcoming finale-episodes continue with this 'Ahsoka closes the dark side' issue? She was awesome as darksider in Altar of Mortis at least- too bad it was all just darkside poison- this seed of darkness has not grown yet but looks like it's going to- stabbing in the back is not the jedi way.....

I think Oppo is senior member as well- but well right now it's hard to say since once more EU-facts were proven to be inaccurate

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    IIRC, this was pre-ROTS. I dont think they ever implied that Yoda £ Mace were the only "senior" members of the Council, more like they were 1 and 1a.

Senior should just mean of "long-standing" on the Council, compared to someone like Kenobi.

22. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, I was one of the nit-pickers about this the night the episode debuted, but I've since come to the conclusion that I was just being a whiner and there's nothing wrong with it. Perhaps being a poster on this board has affected my judgment. :p

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, this just in: it's the internet.

It's only good for arguing about trivial matters.[:D]

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [image=http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png]

25. LONEWOLF09

LONEWOLF09 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    It wasn't an obvious EU reference. In the Republic comics and Clone Wars novels and other material set before and after the Ruusan Reformation, the Republic at those times has never been called the "Old Republic" except in post-ROTJ material which makes sense since the Republic doesn't exist anymore so what else is it suppose to be called in those novels and comics. In ANH, Obi-Wan talked about the Old Republic which is the one that he was with during the Clone Wars, not the pre-Ruusan Republic. So there is now multiple "Old Republics" now. That makes sense. It was just a stupid line that wasn't needed and it could have been said differently.