main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 320: Citadel Rescue Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 8, 2011.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Swash, a character appearing in an episode doesn't mean he or she needs to have a starting role. If a character appears only briefly, that character still appeared in the episode.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh, I'm not disputing that. Point is, seeing as we're almost in season 4, we should know what to expect from this show by now. It is what it is. As much as I'd like to see more background jedi in prominent roles, it makes no sense to complain about it every day of the week.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes if we are talking about appearances- but I think it's more important to talk about number of starring-roles since Ki-Adi didn't do anything in Grievous Intrigue and Anakin's role was very minimal in Academy- Adi Gallia had her moment in R2 Come Home- yet i can say she is underused but she has appeared in 5 episodes already (if we add newsreel appearances)

But yes i said we cannot say Obi-Wan was starring in Supply Lines- since he was in minor supporting role....

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's not what you meant, though, in your previous post. ;)

If you're looking for only starting roles, I think it's pretty clear that the main three they constantly show outweighs other appearances of different characters.

5. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Swash, I only counted episodes in which the character speaks, and Obi-Wan spoke in Supply Lines, while those you mentioned - ki-adi-mundi in GI, adi gallia in R2 CH - didn't speak at all. Minor roles count as well, IMO. If they do not count, there are about 5 extra episodes in which they do not 'majorly appear' (sounds stupid): Rookies, Lair of Grievous, Liberty on Ryloth, Supply Lines and Nightsisters.

6. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I wouldn't mind the Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka team being shown so much if they were just more interesting to watch, because right now they're pretty much the same as they've always been character-wise. But I think I'm more tired of Obi-Wan than Ahsoka.

7. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    Hmm, only taking into account major roles for our background jedi (15 in total) there have been 27 episodes out of 70 in which at least one of these jedi starred: 4 out of 10 episodes. If you don't count Yoda and Mace Windu among these two (as technically they're not background), there have been 21 episodes out of 70: 3 out of 10 episodes. Not quite as low as I'd expected, but still, the more background-jedi appearances, the better. But who am I, complaining in the episode discussion thread that is to feature 5 members of the council in a major role :p.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    :eek: Oh, bite your tongue![face_talk_hand] ;) More Obi-Wan [face_praying] - that is if he does more than fold his arms and relay orders. Quality over quantity, I say.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    But that IS exactly what i meant- we seem to have problem in understanding each other....

Well i would count those as heroless episodes- and for example we have had only one Yoda-episode IMO- even though he have had supporting roles a lot- but Mace have had 3 or 4 episodes so actually i think there have been more Mace than Yoda- but yes we can classify episodes many ways- character can be just seen, he/she can participate in interaction- usually these characters are supporting characters (Plo in Citadel and Grievous Intrigue for example) which is bigger role of course- Obi-Wan serves as one supporting character in Supply Lines and i was talking only about starring roles- Jar Jar, Bail and Ima-Gun-Di are starring- Obi-Wan is not- in Nightsisters Asajj is starring with Dooku..... it's quite rare no one of three heroes is starring

But yes we have different classifications but i think Kit has only once been starring in episode so I think we can agree more Kit and more Yoda;)

10. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    Actually Kit has got Lair of Grievous and Brain Invaders. But that's not nearly enough, of course.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    with my logic only Ahsoka and Barriss... and maybe Anakin... starred in that though and Kit had important supporting role but anyway that depends on method of counting - Kit has one main role and one important supporting role.....

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Didn't Dave say something about how Ahsoka was really going to develop this season?

Has she? Yeah, she looks different, and she got some interesting experiences on Heroes On Both Sides, and she's got a new character model, but in terms of her behaviour, I don't see a great difference.

Maybe a little more reserved in the Mortis trilogy, but who wouldn't be in that madhouse?

13. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    She is at least developing into a little brat again, she improved in the middle but is now back to traditional Ahsoka, oh I'll do what I want and won't get punished.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    perhaps he meant just physical development:p - but i think HOBS really showed how Ahsoka's view of the war changed- it's not good vs. evil like she thought before- there is good also on the other side -now with Tarkin she sees there is some kind of evil also on the republic side- her view of Anakin changes also- now she disobeyed him and the council- usually she obeyed Anakin and together they disobeyed council- she is getting even more arrogant but also has more realistic view of the war than Anakin- and she also heard that Anakin won't be good to her- i think she has developed- not radically though... but enough for now... i like slow development better and she has now excellent experiences that probably lead to her ultimate fate... whatever it is.....

I don't think she returned to be brat- she never completely changed in the middle she is still brat- but i hope she will have some kind of lecture in this upcoming ep....

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes, if anything she's gone backward in terms of character development.

16. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    New episode article up and guess what? Tarkin, Tarkin, Tarkin. In commentaries, articles, previews..will someone shut that guy up already?? :p

17. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I think they should dig up some jedi from the background of the geonosis battle from AOTC and give them appearances. Right now it seems like about 10 jedi are fighting the clone wars.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, they're spending way too much time on this guy. Poor Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka are getting the shaft. :p

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    BRING BACK COLEMAN TREBOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I always loved his design. A shame that he's been killed on such a weak way.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Ahsoka rulz!!!!!

22. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Isn't that what certain people here have been complaining about? [face_thinking]

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    How many times has she done what she wanted (disobeyed direct orders) and not been punished? Once in Heroes on Both Sides.

We don't yet know if she'll be punished for lying in this latest trilogy.
    And if she continues to get away with doing what she wants because no consequences occur, then that behavior only gets reinforced. Being a student of Anakin Skywalker who bends (and breaks) rules on a fairly frequent basis doesn't help much with her perspective of responsibility either. You seem to want to blame Ahsoka completely (and exclusively) for her actions.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Rumblewagon, you can defend her all you want, but what you're saying is flawed. ;)

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Please explain how its flawed.