main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 321: Padawan Lost Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 17, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I loved the Felucia scenes. Very nice animation!

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    One other thing, kinda disappointed there were no slugthrowers. Just loads of Star Wars-ized real life assault rifles. Or at least that's the impression I got.

I retract my earlier claim that those lekku were longer, they kept changing length it seemed during the episode so I'm just left confused.

3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    ...episode was good, but the opening battle seemed a little too rushed. we could've done without one or two episodes from the first half of the season and this could've been a trilogy.

Also, I could've done without the personalities of the Trandoshans. Its like they collided the velociraptors from Jurassic Park with Alex DeLarge and his droogies and the Predators... the raptor sounds were awesome but their droogie personalities just made it awkward.

So yeah, decent episode, not exactly my favorite though.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Ah, but she is. ;)

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I thought those Jurassic Park throwbacks were definitely unnecessary. That's what kept circling my mind when I was watching the Trandoshans, and then Predator, as well as other stories for the "hunting the Padawans." It's been done before countless times, and it's just uncreative when it's reused. TCW does a ton of homages to other sources, but for a quick example, Bounty Hunter's story is Seven Samurai.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's what was meant to be.

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Star Wars in itself is just a homage... almost nothing from the entire saga is purely original. All fiction and mythology works that way, constantly borrowing from each other. I don't consider anything wrong with any of the homages we've seen in the series so far. Like I said, what I thought personally was unnecessary was the frat boy/A Clockwork Orange hybrid personality of the hunters.

Also, A Bug's Life is just the Seven Samurai with bugs but no one complains about that :p

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    exactly. That's why it's uncreative.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Story wise, maybe. But ANH wasn't creative either, and we are all here because of that movie.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    ANH wasn't a rip off if you're thinking that way. TCW extracts stories, pretty much from verbatim, then replaces the original story characters with its own/Star Wars-ify it. That's how I see it, and they can put a little more effort when they do use other stories. Otherwise, I can see what they ripped off and it's not fun to watch.

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why are you still watching? Oh, I forgot. You like being disappointed and a malcontent.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it doesn't. It adds elements of many stories, but it doesn't make it a complete "from verbatim" rip-off. Besides, those episodes are a minority in the series.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Watch season two and get back to me. ;)

I don't wish to argue, but it gets old when TCW does jump on the homage/reference train. Not only that, but when TCW inserts unneeded dialogue from the saga as well.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    They're all tropes, some are more obvious than others.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    On season 2 there are many homages and nods. I wouldn't call a rip-off to that.

Well, homages, references, nods, etc are always unnecessary, but they are not there because of that. They are what they are.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Alexrd, you have to rewatch parts of season two. :p

That is true

17. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009

EDIT: Forgot to say, but I called that one of the padawans will die. What do I win?
    And that Selkath shot in the beginning didn't seem to have a cooler backpack like Chata Hyoki did. Good. I was worrying that every Selkath we'd see in this series would have that.
    And good work with sounds the Trandoshans made, very alien but animal-like.
    [/quote]

Hey I called that too and I even said it was going to be the girl :p

Also really cool to see dialog between Plo and Anakin and how each approach Ahsoka's disappearance. They are really foreshadowing what Ahsoka's fate will be.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's called trolling.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    My point remains.

Well, that was not that hard to guess, specially for those who saw the Chewie clip.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    What point? I don't understand this argument to be honest. If this is some random issue, it would be best to let it go.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This point:

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Cool it with the homage debate guys.

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Is it just me, or do the Trandoshen vehicles resemble the Intruder Dropship from Killzone?

[image=http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/8/81029/1717446-10802__killzone_2_isa_intruder_super.jpeg]
    For reference.

24. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Though I had always envisioned the Trandoshans to be more crocodile-like, I did enjoy the raptor invluences, such as their birdlike sounds and the 'feathers' on their heads. So maybe Trandoshans evolved from reptavians into reptiles :)

25. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Jurassic Park throwback? uhh sorry I'm not seeing it. Predator? Maybe The Most Dangerous Game reference in the fortune cookie went unnoticed that seems the main influence on the story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game