main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 322: Wookiee Hunt Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Please, no Han.

I'm with Robimus on this one.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I've been against Han apprearing in the show from day one. Some movie characters like Chewie and Tarkin are fun to see. Some are really contrived like Greedo. Others, like Han, are important, beloved characters with fragile backstories that should be LEFT ALONE.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There is no Han in this- we were just talking about what if they will add him- Filoni himself has said they never do that if it's up to him-

But one question How many of you don't want to see Han only because fears his backstory would be messed up?
    or is there another reasons to this -i don't want mess-ups either but i would like to see him without mess-ups it's totally possible- he wouldn't have to meet any jedi at least knowing they're jedi but now when entire galaxy is this small with Greedos, Chewbaccas and all it feels like Han comes from nowhere to G-canon and suddenly is the second most important guy in the Galaxy it feels bit odd really- they shouldn't have had Greedo at all in TCW- i think that was unnecessary..... in TCW there is possibility of EU-material being t-canonised so part of Han's backstory could be salvaged- but if they won't put him in TCW- Lucas will probably rewrite his past altogether for other series- he has right to do that you know-

but would be shame if all that eu about his youth would be lost- i like the idea of him being orphan raised by some disgusting spacepirate fatherfigure- then he would became imperial cadet but find himself too compassionate for such job when befriending slave- wookiee Chewbacca- saving his life and together they became smugglers that's good backstory and probably pretty close to GL:s original vision of him... also Han seems to know imperial ways well in ANH.....

So Han is great if he is young boy in company of pirates/smugglers whatever outlaws- if there is no Shrike it would be easy to retcon but i don't want any big changes either.....

Some very random episode arc with no jedi but let's say Cad Bane, Hondo or Sugi as main character could show Solo without mess-ups at least...

4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    No young Han, but I would love to see a 16 year old Lando. Specifically, an episode with Lando, Mace Windu, and Jar Jar. Most epic character combination ever.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    To be fair Swash I don't want to see Han Solo appear because to me the more OT characters they put in the more it looks like they value views with cheap cameos over telling a really memorable story. But that's just cynical me talking:p

6. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    No Han for many reasons, including kindness to EU fans, but mostly it's the feel of it all. Han is part of the post-Republic vibe. the Used Universe. He shouldn't be in with a crowd running guns against the Republic... he should only be a scoundrel trying to dodge the Empire, and really should be kept clear of intense Jedi contact.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Han's childhood is ambiguous...it is clear that even in universe, no one is quite sure what Han's childhood is like. (He apaprently never gives a straight answer and may not remember much of it himself). There is room, that isn't too important.

It is more the general feeling that such a cameo would be rather gratuitous and make the galaxy feel smaller. Simply put, Han is a nobody at this time, one of trillions upon trillions of beings with no higher chance of meeting someone important than anyone else.

Plus, I am not sure if I could take the Han/Leia romance seriously if he is well over ten years older than her.

Though I think I would like introducing Han's parents as CIS soldiers. Dunno why.

Edit: Overall, I think given a choice of having brand new things and throwing in connections to old things, I would have to go with new things every time.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I really don't need more "connections" shoehorned in between the PT and OT eras.

The PT did quite enough of that, if you ask me.

9. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ Yeah,this.

It would be so cheap. Bringing in Chewie is bad enough. I don't want this series to become a total sell-out.

10. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    As long as he doesn't vine-swing around the forest singing "Bare Necessities", I'm fine with a young Han Solo showing up.

11. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Don't even joke about that. [face_worried]

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's so bad it's awesome. In fact, it's like a Holiday Special prequel.

13. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Definitely don't want to see Han in TCW, for most of the reasons AhsokaMiro stated. On the other hand, I don't exactly mind Chewie being here. I mean yeah, we could have gone for any other Wookiee, but it does hearken back to the fact that Chewie is pretty exceptional even amongst his people.

I'm not sure whether he's here as a prisoner or because his ship crashed or something, but it definitely reminds me of how he's known for being an adventurous spacer, when I think most traditional Wookiees stayed at home. I have this image of him almost like a knight errant or ronin, wandering the galaxy. :)

...Or is my knowledge antiquated as well? I know the Wookiees were technologically advanced...but I'm not so sure on the adventurous part. [face_laugh]

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Be careful Gamek.

You don't want to give them any ideas. :p

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They should have Han show up and get to know Anakin. Why not? "Didn't want to confuse you, kid."

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would laugh if they threw a NJO nod in there.

Example: After Chewie beats up a bunch of bad guys......

Ahsoka: Wow Chewie...your a great fighter, not even a MOON could kill you (in a joking manner).

Or...in a TCW like way....Ahsoka has a vision of a moon falling on Chewie (since she tends to have force visions), she tries to warn Chewie but is rescued by Anakin and co before that happens.

But knowing TCW, im sure they won't put a nod to Chewie's fate...because some people just can't accept his death and can't let go.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    that's the believability problem they should get rid of by tying up the universe together by showing it's the same universe not that some characters suddenly move to another version of the universe- problem now is that by showing Greedo, Chewie, Tarkin and all in TCW makes SW-universe feel so small that Han comes from nowhere to this little community- everyone else knows each other but where did this Han-guy appear to cantina to be hired by Obi-Wan?-

Besides most smugglers and pirates in TCW are weequays:rolleyes: if they won't show Han then at least some humansmuggler there- but there is danger it will be Han-clone[face_tired] - like Opress was pretty much Maul mark2 - so i would rather see real Han as a kid- of course he have been kid damn it he is not that mysterious he needs secret past IMO- I like his character yes but he is just like any other why he needs some special treatment when we saw how Luke and Leia are born etc. - we even saw Harrison Ford's other classic character Indiana Jones as kid in the Last Crusade........

of course if they can create new character unique enough it's ok too- but Garris Shrike could appear as some kind of Dark side Solo- it would even make sense if he raised Han that he would share certain similar traits like not believing in the Force- also according to EU- Shrike should be there at the time in the same galaxy with little Han in his crew isn't that right?- not that his path would necessarily cross any maincharacters but what about some minor characters- as i said not necessarily even jedi but intergalactic war must affect to Shrike's businesses some way.....
    I started to believe in possibility of EU-characters appearing since they nicely did Ky Narec for Nightsisters..... anyway that Han in TCW idea apparently is generally hated -even by Filoni- so don't worry you won't see him...... But i don't understand why it's so terrible

Says man who has TCW-Bossk in his icono_O..... One unnecessary thing was him- another one was Greedo third one is Chewie- apparently only wookiee ever having adventures outside Kashyyyk is Chewie- only bounty hunting Trando is Bossk (others hunt for fun) and only rodian BH is Greedo..... and Sy Snootles is the only Pa'lowick in the galaxy:rolleyes: PT and OT eras need to be connected better I think- TCW has been doing it well but all these exactly same individuals are bit too much- i would've seen enough connection in other pa'lowicks, incapable rodians, friendly wookiees or bloodthirsty trandos (like these in this duology were enough Bossk-connection to me- good he didn't appear in this duology) now having seen the exact same Greedo (what happens to his eyelids?), exact same Snootles, exact same Chewie- not seeing exact same Solo feels out of place in the universe-
    Before i would have been happy if we would see someone else like Solo- some smuggler working for hutts..... but now... feels more and more like they cannot leave Solo out everyone else from OT is soon there- where is Han-boy?

imagine young TCW-fans watching OT for the first time- Old Obi-Wan, R2, 3po, Anakin and Padmé´s son and good old Chewie(that Ahsoka's wookieefriend) go to rescue Anakin's daughter (raised by senator Bail on Alderaan) from Anakin's new evil self Darth Vader and Tarkin (who was that republic captain now evil commander of Imperial Death Star)- even Admiral Yularen is there as ISB-official- all servants of the evil Emperor (that damn liar chancellor who was sith lord all the time) and commanders of the clone army

18. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    No Han or any other main OT character cameos thanks.

Rebel and Imperial generals make sense I guess.

If they want to show Han or others, save them for a civil war era show. If you ask me, when they hit the ROTS time period, there's zero reason why they could move through the timeline all the way up to the OT era.

It's the perfect way to keep the show going

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes Civil War show is needed...

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Yes, Season 20 of The Clone Wars, Clone Wars:Legacies :p and the first episode will be Chewie looking over pictures of his time on Wasskah when none other than adult Ahsoka knocks on the door. Reunitement/clip show episode ensues.

21. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Having old characters show up is nice, but if you use too many you make the galaxy look really small. I don't want to see Han because I want my first introduction of him in the saga to be the cantina scene with his background a mystery.

Interesting to see if in this episode Anakin meets chewie after rescuing Ahsoka and how that meeting could change scenes in TESB.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have a strong feeling Anakin won't meet Chewie but we'll see...... wouldn't mess up anything but would raise the question did Vader recognise him?- or was 3po the reason Vader didn't want Boba to shoot him and wanted also "wookiee" with him to his shuttle?

They should definitely broaden the underworld of the galaxy there among Hondo's weequays and same bounty hunters is only twi'leks, rodians and few patrolians- we don't need Han necessarily but some humans to underworld anyway -it irritates me how there is no humans at all amongs the "scum"- and at least some new characters created for the new roles- not OT-guys recycled- i definitely don't want Max Rebo or Oola for example- Oola was supposedly in liveaction if it ever comes..... but some ortolans are ok and we have seen million twi'leks already there is enough Oola for me....

Anyway I'm sure Ponda Baba will appear at some point- perhaps Luke's Anakin-like look was thing that irritated him in Cantina:p
    or Dr. Evazan as apprentice of Nuvo Vindi(who escapes the prison of course) before his face is burned or something- when they ran out of Ot-characters[face_laugh] ....

Only OT-character that has to appear anymore is Jan Dodonna others are nice extra- if they just make sense- Han is ok if he makes sense withing this universe and eu...... maybe Owen and Beru are also 'must'......

Too bad that Chewie seems to be only wookiee animated for this show.....ok there were those severed heads[face_skull] but his appearance does make sense though- he supposedly have seen a lot and have had many adventures and what would be more logic place for Wookiee than Kashyyyk system- but his path shouldn't cross with Han until he is enslaved by the Empire that's good and working backstory...if Han appears he must not be with Chewbacca yet and of course nowhere near battlefield or active jedi or sith- his cameo in ROTS was edited for good it was not very working.....

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    For the record, I'm using the Bossk icon out of respect for the Trandos....I still think they mishandled Bossk.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah but what's worse is if they bring him back in the future he'll have to still be like that...:oops:

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    There's not so much wrong with how he was in my opinion, it was more that they didn't let him do anything in three consecutive episodes. :rolleyes: