main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 322: Wookiee Hunt Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 18, 2011.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I agree. He was nothing but a background character who deserved more time but didn't get it. I don't think they hurt the character or added anything to him, he was just there.

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    It's true-- the big hulking nervous nelly guy got to do more than Bossk. Of course he got killed for his trouble, so they couldn't have Bossk in that role.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    What Filoni should do is present Han as being raised on the planet by Akmena. He can meet and befriend Chewie. Then because of the war Akmena can move to Tattooine with Han, buy a cantina and such. Then we can have Akmena owning the cantina and Han being there when Obi and Luke arrive, because Han was just in town visiting his Mama.

I hope Mr. Filoni is listening because this is made of pure win!!!!!!

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    What makes people think Solo is showing up, anyway? Have I missed something?

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Probably not it's just this Chewie there and it sparked the discussion about Han.... Filoni said himself he don't want Han if it's up to him......

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ah. It seems we have an answer (I don't think the blackout's necessary, but just in case...):

Q: Can't wait to see Chewie in the Clone Wars; will we see a little Han Solo in those episodes or later on?
    A: We will NOT be seeing young Han Solo. I?m not into that. I like meeting Han in the Cantina in Episode IV.

Re: Dave's Facebook page

:cool:

7. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    And... yay.

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    We can close this thread now.

9. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    For a moment I heard the cry of millions of Solo fans, and then suddenly silence.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Dave said same thing before- but this thread is supposedly for upcoming episode not for Solo....perhaps upcoming OT-SE:s will have Han replaced by weequay pirate so it makes more sense with TCW:p

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Not DP...

I wonder if we do see more Chewie later- they made a model why to use it only once.... perhaps we'll see even his family from Holiday special:p

I'm ok with no Han- it's true it makes galaxy look bigger- if only they won't put all others there- no Ackbar, Max Rebo, Ponda Baba, Lando etc. they could have someone named Calrissian or Han (Solo is just too obvious) maybe.....
    I hope we see some more underworld characters anyway someone new -not always Bane, Jabba and Hondo- it was disgusting in Sphere Of Influence how Sugi, Embo, Bossk, Fong Do and Greedo were all in same place at same time :oops: and i think it was also unneccessary to have supposedly same cantina in Mos Eisley as in ANH.....

Of course if they would do that Civil War-series they would have Chewie already and there would definitely be Han too....

12. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    I'm with you on most of those, but isn't Ackbar a fairly natural fit for TCW? Or are there EU reasons for him not to be Republic military or similar?

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I like Ackbar but no.... just no...just like Han it makes galaxy feel small- i would rather see some other Mon Calamari officer.....by far we have seen them only as jedi what is that really- where is Meena Tills for example? All background Calamari?
    species problem is biggest one really Sy Snootles is only pa'lowick in G and T-canons- now if third Mon Calamari we see is Ackbar it feels like there is no others at the time.... Captain Ackbar[face_thinking] .... ok it could work..... but better be with someone else than Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka team.... Aayla lacks naval officer... Fisto already had Mon Calamari padawan.... and Eeth Koth.... ok easier to say those jedi who have own partner- Anakin, Even Piell... and possibly Plo... dunno if Wurtz or Kilian are with Windu more often..... i would like to see "captain Dodonna" with Obi-Wan.....

I never seriously wanted Han to be with big-3 either would've been ridiculous..... i had idea he could meet some minor jedi undercover- would've been eu-logic with Garris Shrike character and all..... he was 8 or 9 at the time.....
    ok i think Shrike naturally avoided battles and trade federation/republic armies... he was pirate (while Hondo is apparently only one at the time:p ) so ok eu has nice story for Solo- he had bad childhood among pirates- escaped became imperial cadet but after all was too kind for such job and poor enslaved Chewie made him to leave the Empire and Chewie had lifedebt to him.....
    his story meets main story of Skywalker family first time when he meets Obi-Wan and Luke in cantina....

in ANH he really knows imperial protocol and love his reaction to operation number question[face_laugh] so cadet-story at least makes sense..... Chewie helps jedi in ROTS and wookiees rebel in TFU and are enslaved so Chewie also has logic past- family on Kashyyyk- few adventures before he meets Han.....

I hope Chewie won't meet Anakin.... he probably already knows Yoda...

14. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I don't see how Ackbar makes the universe smaller like Han, he seems like he would fit quite well in this era.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They could possibly show him, but he's not part of the Republic's military or anything like that. He may support the Republic like the rest of the Mon Calamari, but he was just part of his specie's council before becoming its leader toward the end of the war. I know TCW disrespects established continuity, but they don't have to show every OT character being apart of the Republic or its military if it wasn't established before. For example, it wouldn't make sense if Ackbar appears as a Republic naval officer. Tarkin rejoining the military and being a captain was an odd move as well.

If TCW wanted to, they could show Needa.

btw, wrong thread. :p

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    LACWAC is running out of control. It's like all the moderators got order sixty-sixed by the mighty Monkey Lizard. [face_laugh]

17. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Quick, someone photoshop an image of Cody getting the order from a hologram of the Monkey Lizard. It'll be really useful for decades to come!

18. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Honestly, there's not a whole lot to talk about in this thread besides speculation until the show airs.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I wasn't just talking about this thread. :p[face_whistling]

...YOU KNOW YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT, RIGHT? [face_laugh]:_|

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    What is the exact difference?- One character same universe? Both exist at the time according to EU so this era-talk is nonsense..... Han is 8 or so and according to EU among pirates -we have seen pirates already.... but apparently Hondo is galaxy's only active pirate at the time[face_laugh] so it's better they create more pirates than Hondo and hutts..... but then again if they would have Shrike now- then yes it would feel kinda small galaxy "ok he is the leader of that third pirategroup"[face_laugh] .... but then again 5 million clones :oops: it IS a small galaxy:p

I hope we'll see some other pirates and smugglers though- if it really is a big galaxy (like it should be) it needs other criminals than Cad Bane's gang and Hondo... and those Moogans.... but i fear they will add Solo mark2 if they design some humansmuggler [face_tired]

What about: Talon Karrde and Jorj Car'das?:p

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    If I may change the subject for a moment --

The last two season finales were part of story arcs that had lasting effects on the rest of the series as a whole. This current arc does not seem as particularly far-reaching as the other two, but it does have Chewbacca. This makes me wonder if they'll be connecting this arc to the eventual Battle of Kashyyyk, in which case we might even see Kashyyyk in future seasons....[face_thinking]

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Does it not just bring out Anakin's attachment issues to the forefront again? That's pretty big, if slightly overdone as of late.

23. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    I think, based on the last Dave interview, that Ahsoka is going to be given a lot of development and this events will change her.

Only one day! 8-}

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems probable that like Felucia- Kashyyyk becomes one of those endlessly contested worlds... changes EU a bit but TCW does that- still it wouldn't non-canonise that CW-Kashyyyk attack at all for example......actually would canonise Kashyyyk battle from old Battlefront with phase1 clones[face_laugh] ....... then could be they simply won't start any Kashyyyk battle yet.....

could be better to have some battlefields we don't see in movies first...... Anyway i don't think this arc connects to Kashyyyk-battle so clearly- Chewie is the mainlink of course... yet are you sure we won't see briefly Kashyyyk already in the Wookiee Hunt? It's possible in the end of episode but yeah pretty improbable... they should have had Savage-arc as finale with it's ending as ultimate cliffhanger....

btw didn't Dave say much like "We won't see Maul alive" before Witches came he laughed to entire idea and said he cannot be brought back..... so is young Han actually coming too?[face_laugh][face_thinking]

Does that guy with (a freakin' sweet hat[face_cowboy]) actually just lie to us nowadays?
    "big clone-arc is coming in the end of season3"(where was it- Citadel was not clonearc it was Tarkin's own arc with some jedi added there- clones were backgroundstuff)
    "Maul is not alive" (So how Savage's search continues especially when sith cannot even have spirits?)
    what about this whole
    "We want to keep logic with EU" and "we made a lot research and appears Eeth Koth should be dead- but Lucas gave us permission to use him" and still they kill of Even Piell without any commentary:rolleyes:
    or "Political episodes served their purpose"

Dave is like politician says stuff we want to hear but how much is true.....

not too long ago when season started he said "we can have some wookiees in the future but they are hard to animate"- and Chewie eps were already done I'm quite sure he didn't want to spoil of course but still he sounded like they wouldn't have had any wookiee-eps yet....

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's why I never can trust his word. I need to see it for myself to believe it.