main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 322: Wookiee Hunt Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 18, 2011.

1. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Ok I found it and I LOVED it!

I totally expected that too...oh well it worked.

Loved this aspect. They could have had some Wookies flying but they did a cool tie-in which I hope foreshadows what is to come in the next season...

My feeling on this is Chewie is not a weaker Wookie, but I think he is a younger wookie. I think he is probably half the age of the other wookies shown...that was my impression. He seemed really skinny compared to ANH.

I think the council was there to overhear what Ahsoka was saying to Anakin. I have no doubt that next season will start out with her getting promoted to Knight. :)

-JR

2. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Let's start the commenting shall we? :p

So to comment on your first part, I didn't like how this was done. I am getting the feeling from the series here that Ahsoka is rising to Padme levels here and this is not good for continuity. If Anakin has such an attachment to Ahsoka that it can be looked upon as comparable to Padma, then why won't he go dark when she eventually dies? (yes I am assuming she dies but it was a Jedi PURGE wasn't it?)

As for Yoda, I said in my post, I think he heard everything and is considering Knighting Ahsoka. I also think he is becoming increasingly worried about Ahsoka as she is slowly becoming a female Anakin. The sooner they are separated the better is that look he gave I think.

-JR

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, while I wouldn't put it past the writers to do exactly that, I can only imagine the howls of protest that would be heard throughout the forums for years to come. In fairness, they'd have a point too. Ahsoka would've set the record for fastest promotion from youngling to padawan to knight in the history of the order I would think. I mean, yes, it would be nice to see her eventually make Jedi Knight, but there are certainly going to be people who aren't happy at how quickly she attained it.

Even having read the Wookieepedia entry on the trials, I'm still a little vague on what would count as passage and what wouldn't, but it seems to me while this whole ordeal might get her past the ones for Skill and Courage, both of which she has in abundance, the rest of them are a little less clear to me. Either way I have no doubt we'll have many opinions on that subject as well.;)

4. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    ]anyone else notice the random calimari dude? Have we seen him before?

5. CameronKMcEwan

CameronKMcEwan Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2010
    Review up at Den of Geek:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/826662/star_wars_the_clone_wars_season_3_episode_22_review_wookiee_hunt_season_finale.html

WARNING - spoilers!

6. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Wasn't that Eekar Oki once more?

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    He was chatting with Anakin at the end of HOBS, I know that much.

Oh yeah, completely forgot to mention the Crystal skull. I guess this episode was being produced at the same time that the film came out.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Okay, this was an extremely good episode, if it wasn't for the ending. I don't mind cheesy scenes, but that was too long. Although it was a nice thouch to see Yoda watching the scene and smiling.

Also, Wookiee headshots? That was just great. :cool:

9.5/10 - Gotta love Wookiees vs Trandoshans.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's what I keep seeing too, and I just don't like that.

10. kickdog

kickdog Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2011
    best scene in the episode:
    The birds lift a Monkeylizard (i think it was one around 11:00) and let him fall from a tree.
    i laughed so hard.
    Review of the episode will follow later

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not a bad episode and season ender. I enjoyed it and I'll catch it at least once more during the week. As was said before, no season 4 preview trailer on Sky.

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    So yeah, not only did Tarfull show up to kick ass, but he also curb stomped a Trandoshan.

10/10 [face_mischief]

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    But in all seriousness, the final battle scene with all its cameos was pretty unexpected. I kinda wish Sugi and the short one actually get out of the gunship and participate in the battle. It would've been awesome just having all these madness with the the Wookiees, Trandoshans, and the Jedi happening while a guy in a god damn giant battlesuit tears the place apart.

Also, something hit me. Is the voice actor of the head Trandoshan the same guy that did the voice of Ganon in that horrible Zelda cartoon? [face_laugh] I couldn't take him seriously after realizing that.j

EDIT: I just looked it up, nevermind, he died a few years ago. But the head Trandoshan sounds EXACTLY like Ganon.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    One thing that was odd was Sugi's appearance. Sort of felt like they just threw her in the episode for the sake of showing her.

15. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Great episode, and it didn't seem to lose steam like most second parters. 9/10

-I wonder what Yoda was smiling about in the end?

-Nice to Sugi make a return

-The detail in this episode was amazing, they have come real far in that department. I can't wait to see season four visually.

-I how they follow up on the other two padawans in the future.

Well, it looks like season three is in the books now. Overall, it was really and up and down season, a ton of good, and a ton of bad. But hopefully the show can build on it's run in the 2nd half of the show for season four.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Does it really need an explanation?

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    AHSOKA'S ALIVE!!! SHE'S ALIVE!!!!
    I believe I have a new most favorite episode (if that were even possible given the frigginly awesome plethora of episodes we've had this second half of the season.:D )
    Ahsoka's comment at the end about being a survivor due to Anakin's training is a foreshadowing of her being able to survive Order 66. The fact that she's making the remark to the future Darth Vader is delicious irony.

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    wookiees obviously have a thing for hanging out with scoundrels :p

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Absolutely not.

We have no idea what's going to happen to her still.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Amazing episode, not as great as Padawan Lost but it definitely was up there. They really did a great job with Chewie in this one as well.

After work I'll like to discuss it more.

21. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow, that was really cool!

I had totally expected Chewie to rip some arms out though. [face_laugh]

AND ZOMG MONKEY LIZARD PWNED BY OWLTHINGIES! :_|
    But still! I got what I wanted! A WILD MONKEY LIZARD! [face_hypnotized] Automatic +5 in rating. :p

Although I must say it looked quite different from the ones we've seen. Its tail was different, its beak, and it didn't have those feathers around its neck... Still, it did resemble a Monkey Lizard. I'm guessing this is a local variety for this planet, since it isn't Kowak, after all. Really cool! :D

What I didn't get is how the transmitter was suddenly working...

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Was it really a Monkey Lizard though? It looked a bit different to me.

Ah well, it sure was cool to see the little owlthingies (new official name? I think so:p) kick some ass. Actually they kinda remind me of Furbies. Except that I want one.

23. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, like I said:

It looked quite different from the ones we've seen. Its tail was different, its beak, and it didn't have those feathers around its neck... Still, it did resemble a Monkey Lizard. I'm guessing this is a local variety for this planet, since it isn't Kowak, after all.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Hm, I think I left out the word Kowakian. I can totally buy that it was a local variant, it resembled the general shape enough. Just didn't look Kowakian enough.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I disagree. Anakin was 20 at the time of AOTC. So he was promoted around 20/21. Obi-Wan was 25. Ahsoka is 14 or 15 years old. She's matured certainly and learned quickly, but she still has much to learn.