main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 402: Gungan Attack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 14, 2011.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Kid Anakin?

I'd rather play with my Jar Jar action figure. :p

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    When I was a kid my most prized Star Wars toy was a large x-wing toy with wings that opened at the press of a button and darts that fired. I don't know if they make any Star Wars toys that cool anymore. =P

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    yep Imnotafanboy can prove that they will buy even mandalorian police officer- figures:p

4. sam_

sam_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2011
    Well, that's just suggest that the Lucas' compagnies are the masterminds since A New Hope of marketing stuffs from movies and I would say even TV show and Expended Universe as well. All from the same brand which is Star Wars.

The thing is, nothing force you to buy Star Wars stuffs, you have to make your own stop and limit. They propose a lots of variety of products that often peoples like and that peoples buy. That's the way I see it.

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The Gungan's arrival - they do know how to make an entrance.

I wonder if they might have misnamed this episode. I know the title is supposed to refer to the arrival of the Gungan reinforcements, but they arrived towards the end of the second segment. I thought we'd be seeing more of Naboo, with the episode centered on the Gungan debating on whether or not to send assistance, rather than a brief meeting at the beginning.

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This episode seemed to go way too fast. I'll have to watch it again.

[image=http://www.skooldays.com/images/sa1101.jpg]

Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Count Dooku thinks you should join the Seperatist Alliance!

7. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow. What a season premeire. They get better and better with every episode. The visuals were amazing and the Battle of Mon Calamari was amazing. An impressive amount of characters were used here as well. The Shark Commander was awesome and provided a strong villain. Very cool getting to see Captain Ackbar in action, particularly Double Barrel Ackbar. Good, logical use of the Gungans here. The show has not shied away when it comes to brutal deaths. We had more than just clones and droids being killed. And hey, the Republic actually LOST after two episodes. Definitely an A+.

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Amazing, simply amazing. Here are my thoughts:

The good

- As always, excellent visuals. From the arrival of the Gungans to the water-churning Tridents, the battle was nothing short of epic!

- I liked the fact that the Quarren's alliance with the Separatists makes all of Dac slaves, having some food for thought was a nice break from the constant action of the first episode.

- Anakin bringing the building down with the Force was a good reminder that he is the Chosen One.

- Man, Kit stole the show at the end! Anyone who can throw such a strong punch underwater is awsome in my book! :cool:

- Jar Jar wasn't annoying at all, if anything he served his purpose of comic relief during the battle well.

- Tamson turned out to be a great villain, a good combination of a scheming politician and a primal animal. Of all thw TCW villains, I never expected him to be one of my favorites.

The bad

- "I think I'm getting seasick." Oh, Padme. :oops:

- Why does Kit have to be the diversion every time? Let's see some other "heroes" take the initiative. :p

And one final thought: Did anyone else notice the... Romantic(?) hug between Jar Jar and the Dac Senator???

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Dooku seems to have forgotten about the Quarrens having already joined the CIS.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    This episode was somewhat better than the previous episode, but a lot slower in terms of build up. Also, dialogue, why are you so bad? [face_tired]

I wish there could have been more battle (i.e, droids, since I barely saw any from this episode and the previous) and less standing around. One thing that continued to made me disappointed was the Mon Calamari's struggling over "we have no army," when they do. I am surprised they gotten rid of the Mon Calamari Knights or just shrugged them off. Instead of going to Jar Jar and the Gungans, they could've avoided giving us all a headache and just use them. At least that would've also saved us from Ahsoka's annoying pep talk to "Lee-char" as well.

Tamson/Shark man, you are weak, buddy. While disarming the why-are-you-even-here Kit Fisto was a start, struggling to contain him or even fight "Lee-char" and failing was just making you look less of a leader. For me, I was trying to see what was going on through their (second?) use of a sand storm in TCW, and there was way too much debris to figure out or get involved with what's going on screen.

Before all of this, I don't get why Dooku has to constantly be what Obi-Wan used to be in season one -- that stay behind the scenes, "I am going to tell you what to do" type roll in these episodes. This wasn't the first time, of course, but having a new CIS villain or any constantly having to communicate with Dooku is getting old. Either you're there or you're not, Dooku.

I hope someone caught the horrid use of Mon Cala in the newsreel while I believe the newsreel in the previous episode did say "Mon Calamari." Ackbar said "People of Mon Cala," which just a slap over the face. On Mon Calamari, the people, both the Calamari and Quarren, call the planet Dac. But it's TCW, what can you do.

Is next week the adventures of Ahsoka and Lee-char? [face_plain]

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I forgave them for having Jar Jar in the episode because they used him so sparingly. :p Tyranus bein' all GETS THE WOMENS AND CHILDRENS was pretty sweet. I'm waking up early to watch this again.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Random thoughts on this episode. Solid, but not as good as the first.

13. We need to think about this. No, we don't.

14. Liked Sharky in the first, but way to not kill the Prince. Everybody else gets torn to pieces in a fraction of a second, and Sharky attacks the Prince.....WITH HIS HANDS? How about using those teeth of yours? Nah, let's throttle him with your flippers. STUPID.

15. Liked the Gungan skydive. Gungans have shown they have BALLS, even if they're led by idiots. The Gungans are like family members who, although stupid, have your back.

16. Spinning aqua droids was a cool idea, they just didn't pull it off that well.

17. Fighting in both episodes was generally....clunky. I know they were underwater. Still enjoyable because of scale and unique environment.

18. Apparently Ahsoka is all grown up. Waiting to see if she stays that way.

19. Enjoyed Anakin Force crushing that building. Too bad he couldn't snatch up his helmet.

20. Liked the tube transportation system, and Sharky smashing into it.

21. There was a part where Ahsoka and Prince were riding a submersible, and instead of just blasting the droids in her way Ahsoka ghost rides it into the droid. Just shoot them.

22. Liked when they rode the debris.

23. Strange that they never run out of air, but I'll let that go.

24. Again, I hate Quarrens speaking Basic.

25. The Prince isn't a person, he's a political catchphrase sandwich board.

26. Heroes get captured at the end.....JUST KILL THEM! Damn.

27. At this point my expectations for this show are nil, so all I ask for is entertainment. If there's any entertainment, I'm generally satisfied.

I give them credit for trying very hard to be creative, especially visually. The underwater setting, the tubes, jellyfish, aqua droid funnel, etc were all creative ideas even if some were poorly executed.

The writing is still terrible, but I've accepted that as fact. Knowing how bad it can be, glad they kept it to a minimum and got the political situation out of the way early.

28. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    My take on the episode:
    Pros:
    -Fisto own this episode. I was very pleased.
    -Kit's commander lives! What was his name? There was interference as I was watching the ep.
    -Jar-jar wasn't so bad....
    -Tarpals!
    -Fisto VS Tamson was pretty sweet
    -I gained a new respect for Tamson's character
    -Interment Camps? Now that is some serious stuff!

Cons:
    -"We're blind!" Stupidest line by Tamson...especially after banging his head into a droid after going through a hologram...
    -Fisto was captured.
    -Ahsoka was so....boring. Her lines were too wise and informative for her character.
    -The prince's conflict here dragged too much

This episode was truly better than Water War. In that sense, I'm willing to bump up my impression. 8/10 Solid :D

29. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YESSSSSSSSSSS! That fight was epic! :D

(When we move the boards we totally need to get a [face_Kit_Fisto_grin] icon)

Heh... too true. The Quarren Isolation League is starting to seem like a small rogue group.

30. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Looked more like a frightened hug. Like "hold me, were about to die".

31. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No, they looked at each other for a second, and it got weirder. [face_plain]

32. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah, because Meena Tills is a dude.

33. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I thought that too, but I assumed I was mistaken...

nope.

34. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought the scene was very clear.

35. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    That Jar Jar's gay?

36. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah it did, worst scene ever.

37. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked this one better than the first one. Good that it slowed down a bit. It was a bit darker. Ensave the women and the children? Damn! Lots of neat ideas here with the riding the debris and the underwater tornado. Anakin was epic. Fisto vs. Tamson had me cheering and cursing at the screen, that was just plain fun. Ahsoka's peptalks are a little annoying, I kinda feel like deep down she wants to smack the prince though. I can't blame her either. The Gungan Attack was definately a highlight of the episode. Nice intro! I found their use believable and Jar Jar worked as comic relief. I laughed when he was holding on to the Mon Calamari senetor for dear life. Not much of a cliff hanger but I can't wait to see what happens next. I'll probably post updated thoughts later since I've no doubt I'll rewatch these episodes on my DV-R later.

38. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    (shrugs)

See what you want, but I didn't see any romance. I thought it was clear they were just holding each other for comfort in a distressing situation, and that kind of imagery is an old cartoon cliche. Think Looney Toons.

Sorry if this was a joke. [face_peace]

39. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    More likely that we've just witnessed the result of the first canon sex change.

40. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not familiar with that senator's character but after reading that wook article it does sound like TCW sex changed that character. That fish had boobs and talked like Hilary Clinton. Not the first time I've seen something like this happen to a character within a canon and this probably is going to sharpen some pitchforks. Either way Shaggy and Scooby came to mind when I saw the hug and I assumed it was a homage.