main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 402: Gungan Attack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Sep 14, 2011.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I would like to see one CIS commander not contacting Dooku via hologram for once.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I found "Water War" pushed my HDTV to its limit oddly enough with the tube scenes, Tamson's speed, and occasional other scenes. I saw a lot of motion blur there (Sure my set is only 60Hz but normally I don't notice it) and felt disoriented the first time I watched the action scenes. But other than that these episodes looked great and the second time around things were easier to follow. I think I liked this episode better partly because it was slower and seem better choreographed.

3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I just hope he doesn't die...like every other CIS commander/in charge person in an arc.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Tamson should've contacted Tikkes rather than Dooku.
    And Tamson was doomed before he was even created, they needed a bad guy who can die.... If he won't die he is captured and that is even worse so he surely dies and i don't think we lose a lot- how could fish even lead troops in other arcs -they have only couple of sea worlds.....

They were messy, but that is just good in battle- I didn't like the whirlpool thingy Tridents caused though it looked so much worse than other scenes- didn't even look like water to me just random blurry mess- more like sand than water in fact- it also reminded me disgustingly much of KOTCS:oops:

While it was fun to see bigger and smaller Tridents together- i think seppies have other ships with same design but different scale like landing crafts and Providence -class Dreadnaughts....

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "I just hope you're a fast swimmer." "Says the boy from a desert planet." [face_laugh]

Love that line!

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^According to EU Leia can't swim.... that's ironic really.....

Trench didn't and Mar Tuuk contacted Tambor but not Dooku- it is just painfully usual i agree- i think Tamson should've contacted Tikkes not Dooku, but since they so much wanted to leave EU alone....8-}

But then again, since Tamson has plans to take Dac for his own race it makes bit more sense to talk with Dooku than Tikkes- but he could've contacted Tikkes first and Dooku later.... and maybe with screen this time- holos are so overused:p

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Hmmm, this one kinda bugged me. The editing on these two episodes was pretty bad I felt.

Also, Kit Fisto's tentacles really bothered me. They were moving way too much. Like in the whirlpool, when he's floating stationary, his tentacles are flopping every which way when they should be affected by the current around him.

If I have to listen to that prince one more time, I'm gonna kill someone. He sounds like a stoner version of Billy West doing a poor mans Phillip J. Fry.

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Oh man. Watching this again and jeez that Gungan council scene was TERRIBLE!

It was like no one had a say except Jar Jar and the Boss. "We shouldn't go." "Yes we should." "We're going."

That, children, is bad writing.

9. VongPoop

VongPoop Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2011
    Some complaints:

I was bothered by the fact that the lightsabers didn't boil the water around them and create a mess of bubbles like in Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Also, is there no such thing as the bends in the Star Wars universe? It seemed that Anakin and company ascended from pretty deep rather quickly. But I'm no scuba diver, I could be wrong.

There was a noteworthy abscence of sea life.

10. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Given the way to Otoh Gunga is to dive down into Lake Paonga, that it's exceedingly rare to see saltwater lakes referenced in fiction (at least in my experience, at any rate), and that saltwater lakes are usually noteworthy enough to point out and there's no such reference to Lake Paonga being such... well, guess it's just a case of TCW contradicting everyone's expectations if Lake Paonga is suddenly saltwater. [face_peace]

11. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    This episode was awful,I can't believe this was the first episode for the new season,I can't believe this episode even got made.Who is responsible for this crap?

12. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    From now on, no more underwater episodes.

Plus last time I checked, Phantom Menace even had a thing where lightsabers shorted out when Obi wan was underwater trying to avoid the battle droids walking around.

Sharkman remdinded me of Bossk in a way. Awesome but annoying when he had to deal with a young faster mon calamari prince.

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I can't believe you have time to waste griping about stuff you don't like. How do you find food and shelter?

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005

Mod Edit: Uncalled for.

15. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Yes it was.

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Dooku's hologram: Now with more screen time than the real Dooku! [face_laugh]

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's my major concern with how he's been always been contacted via hologram multiple times now. I guess CIS commanders nowadays need their hands held most the time it seems.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Heh... too true. We definitely need to see other Separatist leaders like.... lead more often. Both because I'm biased and absolutely love the Separatist leaders and because it would make a whole lot more sense than Dooku managing the whole entire kriffing war by himself.

You gotta wonder how he trained Qui-Gon. Through a hologram?

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I guessed the Atlas fans would not be fond of this new fact. Good things most viewers aren't too knowledgeable of the EU and its focus on Mon Calamari and its history.

That said, though, the episodes by themselves have been kind of underwhelming for me. I just don't think I really like the underwater setting all that much. And have a cliffhanging trilogy? I'll admit I like that the trilogy is more of a cliffhanger this time around, tying them more together than past multi-parters. I just wish it had been a different set of episodes. This one is starting to drag.

I do wish we'd seen Boss Nass when the Gungans were talking to the Jedi, but I guess the ol' guy's retired. Or he was vacationing. In any case, it's a little amusing to me that Jar Jar is now the voice of reason on that Gungan council.

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Qui-Gon: Master Dooku, when are you actually going to go on a mission with me?

Dooku: Don't worry young one, I do this for everyone, everywhere. At council meetings, with my servants, etc.

Qui-Gon: I'm starting to wonder whether you're a real person or not.

Dooku: Pay no attention to the man behind the shimmersilk curtain!

21. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I'd rather see some more rogue CIS commanders who say "Screw Dooku, lets do it my way for once!"

22. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Isn't that exactly what Osi Sobeck did a few times in the Citadel arc?

23. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Probably why people seemed to like him, regardless of how I felt about the rest of that crappy arc.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sobeck was just as laser proof as Tamson is.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^many of their bad guys tend to be laserproof.....
    Gungan council scene was bad but since they are gungans i don't care about oddity/stupidity- i guess it was meant to be a joke but well - I didn't laught at it.... and Boss Lyonie whatever is just Jar Jar -clone with Boss Nass' clothing and less sense than Jar Jar himself has...