main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 404: Shadow Warrior Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I do :p
    [serious post..actually the fact I need to clarify really shows the damage done to Grievous, but I still love him]

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You just can't come back from that video, it's just too awkward.

Grievous should be demoted, that would force them to make him do something to earn his spot back in time for ROTS.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I hate TCW Grievous.

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You don't say :p

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Woah, GG's icon change made me think he was someone else 8-}

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Like be trained in the "jedi arts" by Count Dooku [face_whistling]

He SHOULD be demoted. The whole point of Lair of Grievous was to test him due to his reoccurring failures, and he didn't even particularly "pass" that test either. They should have left Grievous in Republic custody and left it up to him to escape on his own to prove his competence. At some point in the story between now and ROTS, I hope it is either mentioned that Dooku has taken to training him to be more competent with a lightsaber or something. Make him a more threatening foe, and let him kill some Jedi and win battles once in awhile.

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I re-watched the episode, and it seems Grievous is in need of 4 new light sabers, unless the Republic was dumb enough to return them to Grievous before the prisoner exchange. But I'm sure at any rate that they'll just inexplicably show up o_O

9. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    Heh, good point about the sabres! It's not like he's collected any new ones since the Genndy series (IIRC even Nadhar's one escaped his clutches - maybe he kept Eeth Koth's?). The thing about Grievous is this: TCW Grievous is very close to RoTS (that is to say, G-Canon) Grievous. We see him rely on droids to do most of his fighting, and then run away - twice. Mace's assessment seems pretty apt - he's a coward, and a bully, and not much more.

Again we're forced to accept that Sidious doesn't really want a legitimately powerful Separatist war machine, no more than he wants a strong resolute Republic Senate, or competent Jedi leadership - Grievous is yet another weak misguided patsy in the Sith masterplan. The anomaly here is really the Grievous we glimpsed in the original CW cartoon, which is a shame, because he's a lot of fun. In fact the Grievous in Shadow Warrior is about as good as this lesser Grievous gets.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    What I don't understand about the Grievous character is that if you wanted to make a character that was a coward, why would you create a character whose back story is that he was a great warrior who willingly subjected himself to enhancements so that he could compete with Jedi.... but then have him run away from such engagements and on top of that hold delusions of how he is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. If they wanted to go with a cowardly character why not just use a nemoidian admiral or something?

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    You're making way too much sense, Tarados.

12. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Doesn't he keep a stash of them on Vassek?

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    TCW Grievous never really bothered me, I always figured he would get better. But after watching Shadow Warrior I am convinced they need to do a mojor overhaul on his character. Sure, the mustache-twirling villain-of-the-week is an essential part of his personality, even in the microseries he ran away from a few fights. But having that be his entire personality really needs to stop. It has come to a point where I literally can't take him seriously, he was brought to his knees by Jar Jar for Pete's sake! [face_tired]

Watching Cloak of Darkness the other day didn't help, either. As far as I'm concerned, Gunray trumps Grievous. [image=http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/BarrissCoffee6/GunrayHuzzah.jpg]

14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't recall. If he does, then that just makes me more sad about the large number of Jedi he has apparently killed, all of which seem to pretty much occur off camera. Unless he sends in the droids to kill the Jedi and then just patrols the battlefield after the fact, looting the corpses.

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    He just buys the lightsabers on ebay. So far he's got like 50 of them.

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It could have been the over-reliance of the those prosphetic parts that changed him. I think Kit Fisto even said "You may have once been a great warrior..." or something along those lines.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    If he still is living on Vassek- why republic doesn't bomb his little house?

18. sam_

sam_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2011
    I have seen Shadow Warrior this last evening and I found it not very good. I mean it goes ''fast'' and the scenario made things to easy. Not that it's not fun to return on Naboo and the Gungan city which makes me think about TPM. It start with the Gungan's Boss who is hypnothise by the shaman. I dont get why no one notice that the Boss has obviously change the way he rules and act like a Zombie, no one try to contradict him (let alone Jar Jar and the duo Anakin Padme of course) I also dont get why no one has notice that combat Droids have been bringing inside of the city.

I think the Separatist's plan of turning the Gungans their ally and fight alongsides them to retake Naboo is not a bad idea. But it seems to me that how this plan is apply is just non sense. Plus, I think Grievous has definitly hit the ground on the show by being laugh at him by Jar Jar Bings and Tarpals (which is death is the only real intrigue of this episode.) and by being taking down by the Gungan's people without showing what 4 lightsabers altogether can do.

So, after that Anakin run into the trap, we have a good fight with Dooku (again) but the Magna gardes change things. However the combativity of Anakin is clearily there. The trade of prisoners is too soft and easy, I expected that one of the two side set a trap or something but none. I was also thinking that Padme should have contact the Jedi Council about this trade. I wonder why their opinion would have been about that.

Well, I have not really appreciate this episode, the humor was there which is funny but not enough to make a very good episode.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Reposted from the grade-the-episode thread for this one:

I think this episode has officially replaced Supply Lines as the hardest TCW episode for me to judge. There are some things I liked and some I didn't, and one or two things that I liked a lot. I liked the Gungan witch doctor archetype, and just like with the Nightsisters, the interpretation I opted for explained the mind-control necklace as primitive Force use perceived as magic by the user. Between that and Tarpals I felt this was somewhat redeemed as a Gungan episode, although I think it's unfortunate that they decided to kill him in his first appearance. They definitely way over-played Jar Jar trying to sound like the boss. That wasn't fun. Seeing Darth Sidious was great as always, and I thought the dialogue and fight between Darth Tyranus and Anakin was great. It was definitely sketchy that Padme alone decided to make the swap.

I'm leaning towards a 6 right now, but I'll wait to vote. I might go 7 if there are enough good mood-setters. I love the opening sequence of this episode before they land. It feels like Star Wars to me. All-in-all, if this is the only Jar Jar episode we get this season, I'll be a happy camper.

20. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I know what you mean. Watching a second time allows you to judge the episode with a cooler head and really dissect it to find Gems even if you despise it overall, among them:

How Jar-Jar is treated with more kindness by others.

The poignant dialogue between Anakin and Dooku. Simplistic yes, but I had a total flashback of AOTC and made me realize Dooku is one complex dude. :p Meaning he maybe a "political idealist" after all. Well the FC helped.

The improvement in Taber's voice-acting. Still annoyed with this chick though...

o_O

Creativity: Why did I get a Rohan vibe while watching this again?

Non-Repetitiveness: Why are A and P shoe-thrown together overusing the fact that Anakin was her protector?? At least the Micro pared Padmè with Yoda doing something useful at that (if not fully developed)& kept the true nature of their marriage...

Nah, my opinion stands quite firm. [face_peace]

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yep it is a good as an idea- it explains imperial way of thinking as well "all non-humans are potential separatists"

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    One thing I noticed in this episode as well as in the Season 4 trailer, that I've never noticed before - even in the films, is the attention to detail that is being paid even when a character ignites their saber. Dooku and Anakin - in Shadow Warrior and the Season 4 trailer respectively - move their thumbs to an activation button/switch to ignite their sabers. This comes in contrast to the films where the actors are just holding onto a prop hilt with the animators taking care of the lightsaber animations at a later time, such that none of the characters are actually doing anything.

23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't know who or what this Rohan is or whether that's an argument meant to counter what I said, but I guess that's just you that got that vibe. I agree they could use someone besides Anakin as a protector for Padme, but that's just a minor thing the micro-series did right. Even a broken clock is right at least twice.

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wow damn, if it's that easy for Grievous and Anakin to be captured, why doesn't it happen a hell of a lot more often?

Also, Anakin was pretty dumb to try to take on all those Magnaguards and Count Dooku at once :rolleyes:

25. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I just watched bits of this episode with no idea what I was about to watch.

General Grievous.

Being dragged away.

By Gungans.

Oh, and throwing blue ice cream cones at Grievous.

SERIOUSLY??? :oops: :oops: :oops: