main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 408: The General -- Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Some kind of interview he did?

2. General_Un-Co

General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2010
    I definitely like the 'indirect frag' idea for Krell's eventual demise. The idea of Rex ignoring an order and getting Krell killed sits better with me then the clone actually turning on a Jedi (I know order 66..). It would be even better if Krell somehow survives and appears next season hell-bent on getting back at Rex. But that's just wishful thinking.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I just love the fact that we don't really know clearly where this story is going. This is just so rare with this show. Take the moncal arc, for example. Everybody knew from the first 5 minutes that the prince would eventually come into his own and lead his people to victory, killing Tamson in the process. Here, Krell could live or die, could become some soppy Disney character or a vicious bastard. Even the outcome of the overall Umbara battle is dubious (though a Republic victory is almost assured). Though Rex's survival is extremely likely, none of the other characters are really safe.

Good job.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The downside of expanding your writing team [face_plain]

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah.

Personally, I can't help but think that Rex's decision to fall back from the ridge in case the bombers overshot will come back somehow...
    Like rex calling in an airstrike on a position he knows Krell will be at. (Bonus points if they were ordered to take said points at "all costs', and Rex is just "following orders".)

Or maybe, more simply, Krell gets himself killed by refusing to fall back from such an airstrike.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, if the last episode really is called "Carnage of Krell", it could simply refer to the wasteland that results when he does things his way.

Maybe he'll order Rex to call in an air strike or something when it would mean victory, but 90% casualties on the Republic side.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    90% victories and a smoking crater for a capital city instead of something to control and oh yeah turns out Obi-wan and his troops are somewhere in the middle of that waiting to become more collateral under friendly fire. I'd watch that.

8. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I hate Krell with his attitude.

Cant wait to see if any of his 4 arms get sliced off by a lightsaber during a duel

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Walter Murch is directing this? Awesomeness.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The only other ending I'd like to see is to have it be established that the Republic pretty much has no business being there in the sense that they are horribly outmatched. If Krell would just admit that they've lost, the Republic forces would retreat. Instead, Krell's overconfidence causes him to continue to assure Obi-Wan that he will succeed in his mission, even though all the clones realize they won't, but they don't question his orders.

Thus far, Krell hasn't led his troops from the front, like Anakin, but instead sits back and reprimands them for their "incompetence." Eventually the situation just becomes obviously lost as only a handful of clones remain and Krell's pride gets the best of him as he takes up his sabers and rushes to the front lines on what ultimately proves to be a suicide mission (though Krell is overconfident that he can still win). The clones are reluctant to follow him and watch as Krell pushes too deep into the enemy line, is surrounded and gunned down.

Rex then contacts Obi-Wan and updates him to the REALITY of how hopeless the situation is, and Obi-Wan orders him to withdraw his men and orders a general retreat of all Republic forces.

Long story short. Obi-Wan cares enough not to sacrifice men needlessly, and would have ordered a retreat much sooner had Krell not been overconfident and reported his situation accurately.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    there are some pretty good ideas here. Again, just curious how they're going to play this into 4 episodes

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah... it seems like maybe there will be some developments that we're not anticipating if there are still 3 episodes to go. [face_thinking]

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's what makes this arc exciting its kinda mysterious and there are alot of question marks hanging over it. One more day.

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    More like stupid, all that character development they spend these episodes and previous episodes on goes down the drain. I don't see all our named clones coming out alive but killing all of them besides Rex would be pretty stupid IMO.

Very excited for tomorrow night.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah I love the uncertainty.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    To bad I can't watch it until midnight. No more deserting work on TCW this year. x_x;

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    APPO?!

APPOOOOOOOOO

18. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    This has been sooooo good. Fives is shining in this episode.

And APPO? Sgt. Appo....

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    SGT Appo?

I'm not that familiar with clone related EU, but I have a feeling I should leave these boards before all hell breaks loose.

[image=http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/AbandonThread.gif]

20. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    There isn't much on Appo before the attack on the Jedi Temple.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Sounds like Rex fanboys may be up for a major upset soon...

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Things just got more interesting.

If that's possible.

Kix is being amazing in the episode! First real time we see a clone medic in action minus in The Deserter.

23. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    wasnt Appo the commander of the 501st during/after revenge of the sith??....not sure if this is a spoiler or not so i blacked it out

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Hence why Rex fans need to brace themselves here on out. :p

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Oh, boy. Looks like things are getting bad for the 501st. You got dissension in the forces, and that's a recipe for disaster. Though under the circumstances, the dissension is quite understandable.

Those robotic caterpillars - [face_hypnotized]

I know exactly what Rex was thinking when he saw those giant scorpion walkers. To quote Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces: Jedi Knight, "You got to be kidding."

And what's Krell doing holding back like that.

I get the feeling there's going to be a showdown between Krell and the clones before this is over. Either that, or Obi-wan or Skywalker will arrive to relieve Krell of his command.